X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Open letter to the Wildcats:

Dear 'Cats

Losing to Dartmouth was not in the plan to start the second half and the frustration that was on your faces as you skated off the ice last night was duly noted by your loyal fans. Who, by the way, hate seeing that look....it pains us and it's not about the loss.

You know what you are capable of when you play together; winning comes when many factors are in place and those factors are not going to be about one or two players. There is no "I" in the word TEAM. And the only place where "success" comes before "work" is in the dictionary. Total cliches I know...but great teams operate from those cliches...

We know you have it in you to do well and you are going to have to find it in yourselves to bring your best to the ice from here on in. Today is a new day and you have the chance to build positive momentum right here, right now.

You put in way too much work and go through so much to be playing below your potential. Forget about yesterday and play a disciplined game that supports one another. You cannot do it alone. Forget about that 4 zip win the last time you played Yale; that game is in the past and today's game is NOW. Go get 'em 'Cats!

Sincerely HockeyRef
    Well played and done! You guys will be fine...albeit I am on the outside looking in and my viewing is all of one occasion. What I did see is a very talented offensive team with great looks on your PP half boards down low to weak side and also seam passes. The backend may not be solid enough and it seems as though you guys live and die with Gildon on the backend...you have to live with his risk/reward playing style. Good luck tonight and rest of the season,

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
      Could we be seeing our man Justin Fregona inserted somewhere today?
      Fregona for Hobey!
      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
        Hope this works for us!!!!
        Did anyone else notice that Lil Kel did not play at the end of the game? Not sure just when I noticed.
        Could we be seeing our man Justin Fregona inserted somewhere today?
        Seeing how Frankie C got in why not? I think it's well over due..
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I come in here so infrequently I need to change my password every time cuz it expires! I guess that tell me I really have nothing constructive to say...

But for the fun of it, I'm going to repeat myself, repeatedly... While I was not at the game , out of morbid curiousity, I looked relatively carefully at the scoring plays c/o WMUR. This is the same crap defense that has been in play for far too long (read: years). There was not a single contest on the player or puck on any of the 3 goals; not a shoulder on shoulder, stick on stick, face in face...NADA. Understood; short-handed on 2 goals, but guys in the slot (or crease) need to be hassled and abused, shorthanded or not. Last night looked just like my men's league D, which, come to think of it, IS the future for some of these guys...

If this team was a 3 of a 10 scale defensively 2 seasons ago, they might now be a 4. Big deal; long way to go. Suppose that imporovement is a reflection of better recruiting in the d-group. Apparently need more cuz this is hard to watch or care about.
          Shrink-The-Rink, Win a Title

Comment

Lines were definitely getting shuffled at the end of the game. ChKell was with BvR and Blackburn in the last 10 minutes and Macadams was with Sal and McNick. Interesting to see if any of these changes stick going on to today.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
              Well played and done! You guys will be fine...albeit I am on the outside looking in and my viewing is all of one occasion. What I did see is a very talented offensive team with great looks on your PP half boards down low to weak side and also seam passes. The backend may not be solid enough and it seems as though you guys live and die with Gildon on the backend...you have to live with his risk/reward playing style. Good luck tonight and rest of the season,
              Thank you BG! While I have certainly seen us look worst, there was something missing. To make this a quick story, how about a lack of chemistry? Miller has played on every line this year but not much else has changed. And as we have seen, just not getting it done in games we should have won. But we had 4 games to mix it up a bit and test out some different combinations and we have not really done that. When the 4th line is showing you the most every game something needs to change. How about dropping 12 names in a hat and pull out 4 combinations of 3 randomly? (Sort of tongue-in- cheek, but not totally) Have we had a line during this period that has inspired or excited you as they come on? If nothing else it would shake some folks up. And you can change it up if it is clearly not working.
              Let me put on my hard hat before I get hit.

Comment

At the 4 Aces Diner this morning here in chilly Lebanon we posted the following Q's to the Magic 8 ball that was on our table. Here's what we asked/results:

Q1: Will we win tonight?
                Ans: Signs point to yes 😻

Q2: Will Coach Umile get to the NRN?
                Ans: Can't predict now 😳

You heard it here folks!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bakchk20 View Post
                  I come in here so infrequently I need to change my password every time cuz it expires! I guess that tell me I really have nothing constructive to say...

But for the fun of it, I'm going to repeat myself, repeatedly... While I was not at the game , out of morbid curiousity, I looked relatively carefully at the scoring plays c/o WMUR. This is the same crap defense that has been in play for far too long (read: years). There was not a single contest on the player or puck on any of the 3 goals; not a shoulder on shoulder, stick on stick, face in face...NADA. Understood; short-handed on 2 goals, but guys in the slot (or crease) need to be hassled and abused, shorthanded or not. Last night looked just like my men's league D, which, come to think of it, IS the future for some of these guys...

If this team was a 3 of a 10 scale defensively 2 seasons ago, they might now be a 4. Big deal; long way to go. Suppose that imporovement is a reflection of better recruiting in the d-group. Apparently need more cuz this is hard to watch or care about.
                  To your point about the D: hence the need for a strong defensive coach in the next hiring cycle. Pretty obvious! And to your last point I wish I could say it's easy not to care about it but 'fraid it's too late for me!! Realistic post thanks!

You can see it in the recruiting that strong D is needed and right quick...I'm glad Maas and Gildon are being thrown into the fire. They will be great leaders for the incoming D. That is...if they stick around long enough!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Frankieeeee Cefalu!
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Another bomb by Richie...but it's too little too late. SMH.
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Watching this game all I have to say is ugh....The team showed no heart and no interest in wining or even playing for the matter of fact. Sloppy turn overs and careless mistakes. Yale calls a time out and not a word is said by our coaches. This is a new low and is hard to watch as a fan....is the season over yet?

Comment

Lather....rinse....repeat

A LOONNNG and COOOOLD winter is descending upon Durham Town.

The Quest is over, folks. We are well on our way to my predicted 4-9-3 finish.
                          Last edited by Scott; 12-30-2017, 05:27 PM.
                          UNH

Comment

With a loss to Brown in the next game that will be the icing on the (cup)cake schedule. Marty and Dick were more concerned about scheduling teams to get them wins (NRN) than recruiting players who could actually get them wins.
                            Last edited by scoreboard; 12-30-2017, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                              With a loss to Brown in the next game that will be the icing on the (cup)cake schedule. Marty and Dick were more concerned about scheduling teams to get them wins (NRN) than recruiting players who could actually get them wins.
                              Which is why the Umile Era cannot end soon enough for me. I'm hoping that Mark Huddleston, in one of his last acts as UNH President shows Scarano the door at the end of the season.
                              UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                Which is why the Umile Era cannot end soon enough for me. I'm hoping that Mark Huddleston, in one of his last acts as UNH President shows Scarano the door at the end of the season.
                                Agreed. Something I'll never forget. I was riding in a hotel elevator with BC fans at a Frozen Four wearing my UNH sweatshirt. They looked at me and said "UNH will never win a title with Umile as coach". That was 2002 in St. Paul.

Comment

Working...
                                X