X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
    Ha! Does that mean HR and I can change our votes if something "goes dreadfully wrong" at RPI tonight?
    Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    There's a loophole in everything...this sounds 'bout right!
    Kinda like retroactive financial aid
    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
      Kinda like retroactive financial aid
      Walshy (RIP) would certainly be proud of our enterprising Granite State duo.

Originally posted by Darius View Post
      What's the current #?
      595 ... 5 more to go, two cupcakes lined up for the weekend, and three more right out of the chute after the break.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

595 ... 5 more to go, two cupcakes lined up for the weekend, and three more right out of the chute after the break.
        Well, if others were allowed to wait on bids until after the result of the RPI game was in the books, why should those who had already put in their bids not be allowed to change them? All water over the proverbial dam now. But, with all due respect to Walshy, this request pales in comparison to his nefarious shenanigans. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

What's the grand prize? A Dick Umile bobblehead?
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            With Dan's and Chuck's belittling of our cupcake schedule aside, Wildcats now a team of D, and not a team of O, as in recent past years.

UNH now 26th in O, with 2.93 GPG, but 3rd in D, with 2.14 GAPG.

No individual goal scorers in top 50, no individual points in top 80, and only Maass barely in top 50 with assists. No individual PPGs in top 50, and no SHGs.

DT now 13th in GA with 2.1222, tied for 6th in SV% with 0.932, tied for 2nd in SO's with 4. Team in 3rd all alone with 90.8% PK (59 of 65), whereas 29th with 18.97% PP (11 of 58). UNH no longer SMT's, as 36th in PMin at 11.43 per game (76 for 160 min).
            Updates after RPI 6-3 W

Now up to 19th in team O with 3.13 GPG, but down to 7th in Team D at 2.20 GAPG.

Now two individuals in top 80 points, with McNicholas tied for 49th with 15 points and Maass tied for 72nd with 14 points. Still no one in top 50 for goals, as McNicholas has played one more game than the others with 7 goals. McNicholas and Maass are now tied for 11th in top 50 assists with 11 each. Gildon now tied for 13th with 4 PPGs.

UNH remains in 3rd all alone in PK at 91.4% (64 of 70 kills), but up to 14th in PPG at 22.95% (14 of 61 conversions). Also maintaining PMins at 11.47 per game for 36th with 82 for 172 (still afraid of SMT status). Still no SHGs.

Now to Tirone, who saw his GAA drop to 14th with 2.1821 GPG, his SV% drop to 7th with 0.930, while maintaining his 3rd in SO's with 4.

Overall, UNH moved up to tie with Penn State for 13th in PWR (oh my, how PWR goes up and down like a window blind early in the season).

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Updates after RPI 6-3 W

Now up to 19th in team O with 3.13 GPG, but down to 7th in Team D at 2.20 GAPG.

Now two individuals in top 80 points, with McNicholas tied for 49th with 15 points and Maass tied for 72nd with 14 points. Still no one in top 50 for goals, as McNicholas has played one more game than the others with 7 goals. McNicholas and Maass are now tied for 11th in top 50 assists with 11 each. Gildon now tied for 13th with 4 PPGs.

UNH remains in 3rd all alone in PK at 91.4% (64 of 70 kills), but up to 14th in PPG at 22.95% (14 of 61 conversions). Also maintaining PMins at 11.47 per game for 36th with 82 for 172 (still afraid of SMT status). Still no SHGs.

Now to Tirone, who saw his GAA drop to 14th with 2.1821 GPG, his SV% drop to 7th with 0.930, while maintaining his 3rd in SO's with 4.

Overall, UNH moved up to tie with Penn State for 13th in PWR (oh my, how PWR goes up and down like a window blind early in the season).
              What, no SOG stats??

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                What, no SOG stats??
                RPI outshot the 'Cats 32-29 FWIW dept!!!
                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Onto Army...anyone gotta read on them? Snively65 and I are hanging tough with our 'run the table' predictions!!
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    Onto Army...anyone gotta read on them? Snively65 and I are hanging tough with our 'run the table' predictions!!
                    Dan says that they could surprise, based on what he saw at the AFA. Nostalgia alert. My first date with my wife was UNH games vs. Army in December, 1970. The 4th to be exact. Think the final was 15-6. John Gray has five goals, sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      What's the grand prize? A Dick Umile bobblehead?
                      A black turtleneck
                      UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        Dan says that they could surprise, based on what he saw at the AFA. Nostalgia alert. My first date with my wife was UNH games vs. Army in December, 1970. The 4th to be exact. Think the final was 15-6. John Gray has five goals, sure of that.
                        I was impressed with Army at Air Force - they walked into the Springs and won 3-2 and 2-0. Air Force has proven to be a different team than I expected coming off of last season's NCAA Tournament run (especially defensively), but I still think Army presents some problems. They are very much defense first, they kill penalties well and usually get good goaltending. Offensively, they're pretty weak. They really only have one dangerous line and one offensive D-pairing. The rest of the group will work hard, in typical service academy fashion...

I was surprised to see that Army is just 2-4-2 in its eight games since leaving CO, but they did pick up a win their last time out against Colgate (with Colton Point), 3-1. To date that is their lone non-conference game. They will play Merrimack on Friday night in what should be a pretty even game. I'd expect UNH to win this game, especially with Friday night rest, but I think this game is every bit the challenge that MC will be on Sunday. I'd rank Army as more of a threat than RPI, Brown or Dartmouth, at least, as far as this six-game stretch is concerned...

Of Army's seven losses - four have been one goal losses, another was a two-goal loss with an empty netter, one was a plain old, two-goal loss. They keep games close.

I hope UNH is not looking past the Knights - Or they will get Bentley'd. If they are focused, they should handle their business...
                        Last edited by Dan; 12-07-2017, 11:52 AM.
                        Live Free or Die!!
                        Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          I was impressed with Army at Air Force - they walked into the Springs and won 3-2 and 2-0. Air Force has proven to be a different team than I expected coming off of last season's NCAA Tournament run (especially defensively), but I still think Army presents some problems. They are very much defense first, they kill penalties well and usually get good goaltending. Offensively, they're pretty weak. They really only have one dangerous line and one offensive D-pairing. The rest of the group will work hard, in typical service academy fashion...

I was surprised to see that Army is just 2-4-2 in its eight games since leaving CO, but they did pick up a win their last time out against Colgate (with Colton Point), 3-1. To date that is their lone non-conference game. They will play Merrimack on Friday night in what should be a pretty even game. I'd expect UNH to win this game, especially with Friday night rest, but I think this game is every bit the challenge that MC will be on Sunday. I'd rank Army as more of a threat than RPI, Brown or Dartmouth, at least, as far as this six-game stretch is concerned...

I hope UNH is not looking past the Golden Knights - Or they will get Bentley'd. If they are focused, they should handle their business...
                          Ha! Bentley is on a five-game win streak that included a 3-2 OT upset of UML in the middle of their run. Army lost their ace goaltender to graduation, but otherwise is an experienced team. To balance their sweep of Air Force at high elevation, they only took 1 point in each two-game weekend with Canisius and Holy Cross. But, I agree, if UNH comes out as dead on their skates as they did last night in Troy, they will be playing from behind once again. Hanover is a lot closer to Thornton than Durham, so I will be scouting Dartmouth as they entertain Bentley on Saturday night. Unfortunately, I will miss the Ledyard tournament, as I will be in Colorado at the end of December. Perhaps I finally will get to a DU game, if seats are available.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                            RPI outshot the 'Cats 32-29 FWIW dept!!!
                            FWIW indeed. In a word (and not for the first NOR likely the last time) ... meaningless

Uh-oh ... Snively65 is going on again about Bentley ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              I hope UNH is not looking past the Knights - Or they will get Bentley'd. If they are focused, they should handle their business...
                              "Bentley'd".

Love it!
                              UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                                A black turtleneck
                                Ha! Isn't it a black mock turtleneck?

Comment

Working...
                                X