This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Just shoot me and bury me in the backyard!
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Well, that one feels like a dagger to the NRN, the season, etc.

Anxiously awaiting Luce's post mortem pearls of wisdom ...
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

The NRN just got razor thin! Could be DOA!
        UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Ah, sweet sweet Umiliation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Hint: This latest debacle of a loss does not change the answer to my latest trivia quiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
              Ah, sweet sweet Umiliation.
              Can it get any sweeter?!?! I mean a 2-1 lead is precarious but could we not play just ONE PERIOD of shut down hockey? One? Say what you want to about good ol Luce but he's got DU's number and it's 5 straight for his boys. (If I have that right?) UGH
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Can it get any sweeter?!?! I mean a 2-1 lead is precarious but could we not play just ONE PERIOD of shut down hockey? One? Say what you want to about good ol Luce but he's got DU's number and it's 5 straight for his boys. (If I have that right?) UGH
                But look at the bright side - you got a nice poster out of it!
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                  But look at the bright side - you got a nice poster out of it!
                  Ask DeltaB what I did with that poster; it sleeps with the fishes.
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

LOL. Now that's the spirit, HR. Welcome to Coach Umile's Carnival of Cataclysm. It always ends this way ...

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Oops, I forgot to say also to keep an eye on Masonius.

And, I forgot to add my latest trivia quiz: What do the last eight games between Yukon and UNH have in common (Yukon has won the last four, UNH the previous four)?
                      Luce Canaan says something trite and insincere about how much he respects Coach Umile afterwards?

What do I win??

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                        The NRN just got razor thin! Could be DOA!
                        For those who are following --

The Non-Quest predicted record for the remaining 16 games (NQPRFTRSG) currently stands at 0-4-3, with 9 games left. My prediction was 4-9-3, and so far it is coming to fruition. Where they are going scrounge up four more wins between now and the end of the season, who knows?? The 4-9-3 prediction could easily end up being 2-11-3.

No, e.cat....the NRN is DEAD. Much like the way the 'Cats played in third period And since it's quite apparent this team has just given up, I'm about ready to give up on them as well. Tonight could very well be my last game of the season as a fan.

Thank you Umile and Scarano for killing a once proud hockey program.
                        UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          New coaches are given grace periods due to recruiting needs and getting their own players into the program. Souza has had his three years to build his own roster. Period. 50% of next year's roster will be Souza recruits. The fact that it's only 50% is an indictment of Souza's recruiting to be quite honest. The current state of the program has been created just as much by Souza as anyone else.

He should NOT get the full grace period - he's already had three years a top the program in the ways that truly matter. If he's not showing NOTABLE improvement in year two he should be out - that would be five years in charge of building UNH. If things look unreasonably bad during year one a change should be considered. His process is already long since underway. Pretending otherwise is to bury your head in the sand...

The idea that his recruiting has been hindered by Umile - as he pursues guys who will never play for Umile - is laughable. The idea that he will suddenly move to the middle of the bench and turn these guys into All-Americans is a very difficult sell. As if he's been totally hand-cuffed in doing any coaching or building culture the last three years. This is not some random appointment - he's been the lead recruiter and head coach in waiting for three years. His fingerprints are all over UNH hockey already and he bears a lot, if not the majority, of the programs current lot in life.

The fact that one cannot look ahead and see a clear vision for what Souza at UNH might look like is a problem (or maybe we can). If he's thinking I can't start to build until I'm in the big chair and that's when my clock starts - than you know what - he's the wrong guy...

---

I'd put the odds at him being the guy to bring UNH back to the top of HE at 25%. The reality is that if he hovers around .500 and keeps his nose clean he probably coaches for the next 20 years. Or at least until Scarano is gone, too (because Marty holds no one accountable)...
                          I would be remiss if I didn't compliment Dan for echoing many of my same thoughts on this topic. We may disagree on other things, but we agree right down to the ground on this stuff. Only quibble is I think a 25% chance that Souza gets UNH back up to the top of HE is a little on the kind side. Then again, if BS35+soontobe6 sticks around, Souza's leash gets longer, so maybe 25% turns out to be right.

Let's be clear - I hope (pray) we're wrong. But the signs are not encouraging. We're almost the full 3 years into this novel project, and let's be honest, this is not trending in an encouraging direction. We all wanted to believe things were changing when Commesso gave his verbal, but Souza/Stewart (read Souza) didn't/couldn't capitalize on that nugget of optimism, Commesso read the writing on the wall, and bingo - we're back to where we started. Except another recruiting season is pretty much spent. The hole gets deeper ...

Comment

Heh, it sleeps with the fishes indeed. Mine is coming to work with me on Sunday. I just have to decide the manner of destruction, but in a particular type of transportation vehicle maintenance shop that will not be very difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              For those who are following --

The Non-Quest predicted record for the remaining 16 games (NQPRFTRSG) currently stands at 0-4-3, with 9 games left. My prediction was 4-9-3, and so far it is coming to fruition. Where they are going scrounge up four more wins between now and the end of the season, who knows?? The 4-9-3 prediction could easily end up being 2-11-3.

No, e.cat....the NRN is DEAD. Much like the way the 'Cats played in third period And since it's quite apparent this team has just given up, I'm about ready to give up on them as well. Tonight could very well be my last game of the season as a fan.

Thank you Umile and Scarano for killing a once proud hockey program.
                              Scott, I thought you were nuts a mere few weeks ago with your prediction. The NRN was there for the taking.

I still think you're nuts, of course ... only now, it's because I can't see where those 4 wins are coming from ...

... but it would be Umile Magic to dredge up 4 W's when no one expects it, but then never get that last one.

Comment

Originally posted by deltabravo62 View Post
                                Heh, it sleeps with the fishes indeed. Mine is coming to work with me on Sunday. I just have to decide the manner of destruction, but in a particular type of transportation vehicle maintenance shop that will not be very difficult.
                                There's always the sledgehammer, dart board or urinal backsplash options you can consider, delta

Comment

Working...
                                X