This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Beautiful snipe Richie Boyd!!!! Go 'Cats!!
    I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
      UNH fights off two back to back penalties by MacAdams but leaves a man uncovered for Maines equalizer. Any thoughts on the first?
      MacAdams picks up two more minors on one play in the second, matching Vela's 2017-18 record of four in one game...

Edit - they changed the call. One minor to Salvaggio. Still 20 mins for MacAdams to chase history...
      Last edited by Dan; 01-20-2018, 08:15 PM.
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

Beauty by Charlie Kelleher!! Third point on the night.

Comment

Well, since I thought UNH would get swept upta Maine, they exceeded my expectations with two points. UNH takes the third meeting this year at home to win the season series.
          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
            Well, since I thought UNH would get swept upta Maine, they exceeded my expectations with two points. UNH takes the third meeting this year at home to win the season series.
            I feel the same way...2 points works. I thought we battled and hung tough. Looking forward to the next one. Go 'Cats!
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-20-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I feel the same way...2 points works. I thought we battled and hung tough. Looking forward to the next one. Go 'Cats!

Comment

I watched the third period last night and off and on tonight since I was focused on the Bruins game. Simple observation is that Maine is no great shakes, they skate in spurts and really don’t have anyone who makes you scream out “watch him.” Sounds like UNH, which never got their PP set up correctly and got “what was that” goals tonight from Boyd and Kelleher (his went off a defenseman’s stick). Good that UNH hung in there on a weekend which was a big deal up in Orono. They got two points but part of me wishes that the had won and lost to get it. They still haven’t won a game since the beginning of December, UConn and UVM the next two of the next three weekends. Now or never I’m afraid.
                Last edited by Greg Ambrose; 01-20-2018, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                  Good that UNH hung in there on a weekend which was a big deal up in Orono. They got two points but part of me wishes that the had won and lost to get it. They still haven’t won a game since the beginning of December, UConn and UVM the next two of the next three weekends. Now or never I’m afraid.
                  Two points from two ties on the road, good. Coming back from 3rd period deficits on both nights, good.

But no W's for almost two months now. Now or never time for the NRN is definitely approaching, no doubt.

Odds for a successful ending to The Quest are going to take another hit, I'm afraid ...
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Before we begin rejoicing about four upcoming games with yummy HE cupcakes Yukon and UVM on the shelf, need to acknowledge that even cupcakes can have their days (nights), with those two in particular showing us that they may not be so yummy after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Before we begin rejoicing about four upcoming games with yummy HE cupcakes Yukon and UVM on the shelf, need to acknowledge that even cupcakes can have their days (nights), with those two in particular showing us that they may not be so yummy after all.
                      Well considering the fact that we haven't beat Yukon in the past two seasons and UVM pretty much the same, I am not looking at them as cupcakes. Time for a W 'Cats...sooner than later at this point!!! The UVM weekend is Alumni weekend, and, the Coach U bobblehead giveaway. (I think) Yep now or never to gain any possible ground in HE.
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-21-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Well considering the fact that we haven't beat Yukon in the past two seasons and UVM pretty much the same, I am not looking at them as cupcakes. Time for a W 'Cats...sooner than later at this point!!! The UVM weekend is Alumni weekend, and, the Coach U bobblehead giveaway. (I think) Like Greg said...now or never 'Cats!
                        If UNH plays like they did upta Maine they will get some much needed W's over the next two weekends!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                          If UNH plays like they did upta Maine they will get some much needed W's over the next two weekends!
                          Would totally agree. We've got UConn this weekend, then NU/UMass the next before we hit Vermont. There's points there in this mix for the taking; but which team will show up to earn them? NU is going to be the toughest but at this point, anyone is winning it seems!! I say we get 4 out of this; IF we can sustain some offense. I think UNH did a decent job this weekend; beats losing. Of course the quest/march opps are dwindling. From the Bangor Daily News:

http://bangordailynews.com/2018/01/2...e-with-umaine/
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 01-21-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Lookin' back, it appears that the Big Green is not the cupcake that we thought they were.

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              Three weekends, e.cat, three weekends. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                                But no W's for almost two months now. Now or never time for the NRN is definitely approaching, no doubt.

Odds for a successful ending to The Quest are going to take another hit, I'm afraid ...

The additional feature of whether UNH will get a 10 goal scorer? Looks like UNH's leading scorer will have lowest goal totals since 1964-65. Latest close title was 2012-13, with three 15 goal scorers, and 17 in 1987-77.
                                Last edited by NCAA watcher; 01-21-2018, 11:10 AM.
                                The Souza record:
                                15-16 10th place
                                16-17 10th place
                                17-18 11th place
                                18-19 8th place
                                19-20 9th place
                                20-21 10th place
                                21-22 9th place
                                22-23 10th place

Comment

Working...
                                X