This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    It was a great game, defensively. UNH loses this game last year, guaranteed. Lots of sticks on pucks tonight which is good to see. This coming week RPI and Army. Finishing the first half strong would be nice.
    Yes it would be nice!
    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
      (Curly) "But Moe, I'm tempermental,", (Moe) "Yeah, 10% temper and 90% mental!"
      Nothing better than to start a weekend morning with a quick dose of the Stooges. Well played, e.cat.

NOT a shot at you BTW, Aerman.
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
        Nothing better than to start a weekend morning with a quick dose of the Stooges. Well played, e.cat.

NOT a shot at you BTW, Aerman.
        Haha. Yup

Comment

With Dan's and Chuck's belittling of our cupcake schedule aside, Wildcats now a team of D, and not a team of O, as in recent past years.

UNH now 26th in O, with 2.93 GPG, but 3rd in D, with 2.14 GAPG.

No individual goal scorers in top 50, no individual points in top 80, and only Maass barely in top 50 with assists. No individual PPGs in top 50, and no SHGs.

DT now 13th in GA with 2.1222, tied for 6th in SV% with 0.932, tied for 2nd in SO's with 4. Team in 3rd all alone with 90.8% PK (59 of 65), whereas 29th with 18.97% PP (11 of 58). UNH no longer SMT's, as 36th in PMin at 11.43 per game (76 for 160 min).

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            With Dan's and Chuck's belittling of our cupcake schedule aside, Wildcats now a team of D, and not a team of O, as in recent past years.

UNH now 26th in O, with 2.93 GPG, but 3rd in D, with 2.14 GAPG.

No individual goal scorers in top 50, no individual points in top 80, and only Maass barely in top 50 with assists. No individual PPGs in top 50, and no SHGs.

DT now 13th in GA with 2.1222, tied for 6th in SV% with 0.932, tied for 2nd in SO's with 4. Team in 3rd all alone with 90.8% PK (59 of 65), whereas 29th with 18.97% PP (11 of 58). UNH no longer SMT's, as 36th in PMin at 11.43 per game (76 for 160 min).
            Like I said...offense wins games; defense wins championships!!! We needed to shore up the D and that's what has happened. DT sees less SOG's (esp last night as PC didn't drive the net like they did the night before) and that helps the cause. We did a great job last night to make that happen. Prob is we have to score against the big teams and our PP has been weak I don't think we've scored on it much as of late? Maybe Wed night we get back to that! Thanks for the stats...go 'Cats!!
            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Darius you WIN the internet with your cautious optimism!! Much better 'Cats!! Good for Richie Boyd earning the #1 star! Go 'Cats!!
              It was a bit tense with six or so minutes remaining when our defense consisted of barely pushing the puck out of our zone, but we toughened up! So happy for "Richard" who's 2017-18 inclusion on the roster was uncertain from what I was hearing at the end of last season.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                It was a bit tense with six or so minutes remaining when our defense consisted of barely pushing the puck out of our zone, but we toughened up! So happy for "Richard" who's 2017-18 inclusion on the roster was uncertain from what I was hearing at the end of last season.
                I don't think anyone thought he would be the deciding factor in the game goal wise, but what a great pass from Ara Nazarian. We all yelled "SHOOT IT" from our seats glad he was listening ! Read in the paper he had family in the stands so that's really awesome to boot! He was very humble about it but make no mistake..it was a shot heard 'round the 'Whitt! I remember his goal at Merrimack when he was playing center in that game...keep rockin' Rich Boyd! Wonder if he'll return next season...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  I do! I think it was exceptional! I think they tried their little hearts out! I think they all probably practiced and lifted for 14 hours this week, in addition to the two games and they went to class and I would have been proud of that effort even if they'd lost 10-0! I also think they wear their jerseys so well! And the navy blue color is my favorite! I love UNH! I think they all deserve two trophies! One for their win and one for the football teams win! Thanks for asking ecat!!
                  Nice to see you on the light side, Dan.

Seriously, for a lot of the night PC was stronger on the puck. UNH was more persistent.

BvR was very visible, not surprising to see him lead the team in SOG.

The Salvaggio, McN. line isn't doing it for me. Time to break those two up? Where would they go? Swap CK and Grasso?

It was surprising there were no line up changes. Obviously it worked out.
                  Last edited by Darius; 12-03-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    I don't think anyone thought he would be the deciding factor in the game goal wise, but what a great pass from Ara Nazarian. We all yelled "SHOOT IT" from our seats glad he was listening ! Read in the paper he had family in the stands so that's really awesome to boot! He was very humble about it but make no mistake..it was a shot heard 'round the 'Whitt! I remember his goal at Merrimack when he was playing center in that game...keep rockin' Rich Boyd! Wonder if he'll return next season...
                    The person next to me missed seeing the goal, turning to me to comment on Ara's good play in general. There is nothing better than live fish toss video, except maybe 1st goal replay.

Comment

The person next to me missed seeing the goal, turning to me to comment on Ara's good play in general. There is nothing better than live fish toss video, except maybe 1st goal replay.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKnh0dK5eR0 What a pass from Nazarian!!

Comment

I do! I think it was exceptional! I think they tried their little hearts out! I think they all probably practiced and lifted for 14 hours this week, in addition to the two games and they went to class and I would have been proud of that effort even if they'd lost 10-0! I also think they wear their jerseys so well! And the navy blue color is my favorite! I love UNH! I think they all deserve two trophies! One for their win and one for the football teams win! Thanks for asking ecat!!
                        I don't think even I could have said it better Dan...

Comment

Hope you're feeling better today Dan. I don't know if it was the thin air out there in the mile high city or you were hitting the bottle hard but you were in rare form last night

Comment

Nice to see you on the light side, Dan.
                            See, the old me would say I was right in the money. The NCAA counts contests as three hour slices of the 20 hour maximum pie. Twenty hours minus two games makes 14 hours of practice/lift time left. But I certainly learned last night that objective awareness/curiousity of the numbers make me a negative nelly! I am now undoubtedly aware that UNH's individual players clearly put in work outside of the coaching staff that totaled, at least, 25 hours a day!

I was briming with pride at the thought of 14 hours M-Th of last week (it was additionally silly of me to assume players of this mental fortitude would accept the NCAA mandated day off!!). I am positively bursting at the idea of 125 hours Su-Th!! That extra work is undoubtedly why they just earned half of what has to be the greatest split in modern college hockey history!!
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              Hope you're feeling better today Dan. I don't know if it was the thin air out there in the mile high city or you were hitting the bottle hard but you were in rare form last night
                              I must admit to a hangover of my former self - see, this morning I was going to make another prediction. You may recall it was I (still in all my negative glory) who predicted a 6-0 UNH start, after sweeping UML, and a 2-1 march thru Yale and PC! I awoke expecting another 6-0-0 stretch of UNH hockey...

But I must admit, I fear it was for all the wrong reasons. I was going to note that the average RPI for this months opponents was 48 and UNH better make some real hay. That wins against these teams may be good for PWR points, but losses would certainly be devastating.

Shame on me! They will go 6-0-0 because they are a juggernaut and I will fight anyone who says otherwise!!!
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

See, the old me would say I was right in the money. The NCAA counts contests as three hour slices of the 20 hour maximum pie. Twenty hours minus two games makes 14 hours of practice/lift time left. But I certainly learned last night that objective awareness/curiousity of the numbers make me a negative nelly! I am now undoubtedly aware that UNH's individual players clearly put in work outside of the coaching staff that totaled, at least, 25 hours a day!

I was briming with pride at the thought of 14 hours M-Th of last week (it was additionally silly of me to assume players of this mental fortitude would accept the NCAA mandated day off!!). I am positively bursting at the idea of 125 hours Su-Th!! That extra work is undoubtedly why they just earned half of what has to be the greatest split in modern college hockey history!!
                                Frankly, I'm quite surprised it's not trending on twitter?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X