Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 1001

Thread: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

  1. #521
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    4,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    In summary, can we all agree that our senior and junior forwards, and Tirone, should not be looking past cupcakes BU and BC this weekend to the Black Bears the following weekend?
    Cant imagine they would be!!! Kind of hoping it's the other way around...😉

  2. #522
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    12,290

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    Quote Originally Posted by Felger View Post
    You and me against the world
    Sometimes it seems like you and me against the world...
    For the rest of Foxhole's UNH career, every time I see him carrying transitioning dumping the puck out of the zone, I will see that dopey penguin, and hear the strains of Helen Reddy. A pox on you, Felger!!
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  3. #523
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    5,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    For the rest of Foxhole's UNH career, every time I see him carrying transitioning dumping the puck out of the zone, I will see that dopey penguin, and hear the strains of Helen Reddy. A pox on you, Felger!!
    Speaking of Foxhole, we need answers to trivia quiz.

  4. #524
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Lynn, MA, USA
    Posts
    2,444
    Thanks for the responses. Just makes me more depressed about the future. No forwards, defensemen are defecting, and a goalie, do we have one? This is so 1986. Ugh!

  5. #525
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    5,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    Thanks for the responses. Just makes me more depressed about the future. No forwards, defensemen are defecting, and a goalie, do we have one? This is so 1986. Ugh!
    Hey, live for the moment, Greg! We are batting 0.500!!

  6. #526
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    12,290

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    At Snively65's request, I'll repost the latest WIS Challenge based on some quotes taken from various UNH personnel in the aftermath of this past weekend's loss to Brown, as reported by Al Pike at Foster's Daily Democrat. The challenge is for you, the reader, to match the listed UNH personnel with the following quotes (although a link to the article follows below, it's way more fun not to read the article 'til after you do the quiz. ):

    (A) Danny Tirone
    (B) Liam Blackburn
    (C) Dylan "Foxhole" Chanter
    (D) Coach Dick Umile


    (1) “Give them credit for coming back. Give us no credit for the pushback and the effort.”

    (2) “In the third period I think they had more left in the tank than we did, and it showed.”

    (3) “We weren’t really up 4-0 the way the game was going early. They had a lot of chances. They missed some of their best opportunities early. They played harder and longer than we did.”

    (4) “They just didn’t quit. They were relentless. Eventually something’s got to go in for them.”

    (5) “We talked about playing a 60-minute hockey game before the game, after the first period, after the second period and did absolutely nothing in the third period.”

    (6) “Throughout the third period they were all over us and I don’t think we responded as well as we should have. It just seemed like they were winning the puck battles and spending a lot of time in our zone. They got the momentum going and we didn’t respond the way that we should have and need to. That’s disappointing.”

    http://www.fosters.com/sports/201801...-drawing-brown

    BONUS POINTS (for kicks and giggles): Spot the portion of the article where you can see how Al Pike overlooked one small detail when he was forced to rewrite the original article from the (very understandable) assumption that UNH would somehow manage to win this game comfortably? deltabravo nailed this already

    Snively65, you were the only one to participate first time through. Missed a bunch of 'em, too ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  7. #527
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    5,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    At Snively65's request, I'll repost the latest WIS Challenge based on some quotes taken from various UNH personnel in the aftermath of this past weekend's loss to Brown, as reported by Al Pike at Foster's Daily Democrat. The challenge is for you, the reader, to match the listed UNH personnel with the following quotes (although a link to the article follows below, it's way more fun not to read the article 'til after you do the quiz. ):

    (A) Danny Tirone
    (B) Liam Blackburn
    (C) Dylan "Foxhole" Chanter
    (D) Coach Dick Umile


    (1) “Give them credit for coming back. Give us no credit for the pushback and the effort.”

    (2) “In the third period I think they had more left in the tank than we did, and it showed.”

    (3) “We weren’t really up 4-0 the way the game was going early. They had a lot of chances. They missed some of their best opportunities early. They played harder and longer than we did.”

    (4) “They just didn’t quit. They were relentless. Eventually something’s got to go in for them.”

    (5) “We talked about playing a 60-minute hockey game before the game, after the first period, after the second period and did absolutely nothing in the third period.”

    (6) “Throughout the third period they were all over us and I don’t think we responded as well as we should have. It just seemed like they were winning the puck battles and spending a lot of time in our zone. They got the momentum going and we didn’t respond the way that we should have and need to. That’s disappointing.”

    http://www.fosters.com/sports/201801...-drawing-brown

    BONUS POINTS (for kicks and giggles): Spot the portion of the article where you can see how Al Pike overlooked one small detail when he was forced to rewrite the original article from the (very understandable) assumption that UNH would somehow manage to win this game comfortably? deltabravo nailed this already

    Snively65, you were the only one to participate first time through. Missed a bunch of 'em, too ...
    I figured that I went down in flames 🔥 on that quiz, as all these guys seem to parrot one another now. And, I still have not read Al's article. But, I may go to the game at Conte on Sunday afternoon; 1pm? Really? Whassup wid dat?

  8. #528
    Au revoir and adieu, Les Expos
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Effingwoods NH
    Posts
    12,290

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    I figured that I went down in flames �� on that quiz, as all these guys seem to parrot one another now.
    Would you believe me if I told you that of those six quotes, they were distributed as follows?

    3 - Tirone (A)
    2 - Umile
    1 - Blackburn
    0 - Foxhole (C)
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

  9. #529
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    5,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    Would you believe me if I told you that of those six quotes, they were distributed as follows?

    3 - Tirone (A)
    2 - Umile
    1 - Blackburn
    0 - Foxhole (C)
    In contrast, my distribution of picks (page 23, wow this thread is flyin'!) was:
    2 - Tirone (A)
    2 - Umile (HC)
    1 - Blackburn
    1 - Foxhole (C)
    But, if I even got one correctly attributed, it was by luck alone.

  10. #530
    Coach Sarah's Dad! :)
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    43 degrees 18'N by 70 degrees 58'W
    Posts
    6,638

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    Today's article from Foster's regarding tonight's game with BU:

    http://www.fosters.com/sports/201801...win-in-6-games

    "UNH is 9-0-2 when leading after two periods, but 0-9-0 when tied or trailing at the end of two"

    THIS ^ ^ ^
    Move along folks, move along....nothing to see here.....

  11. #531
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    29,640

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    Not able to make the trip to Durham tonight. Do you guys have free streaming? How's the quality?

  12. #532
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    108

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Not able to make the trip to Durham tonight. Do you guys have free streaming? How's the quality?
    ESPN3 I believe is an online feed. Also think it is free. Never seen it as I am there, but never heard a complaint....or a complement.
    Good luck, with the feed, not the game.

  13. #533
    Go 'cats!
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    1,403

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Not able to make the trip to Durham tonight. Do you guys have free streaming? How's the quality?
    Never watched but heard from someone with a fairly small TV it is good. Please let us know what you think?
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

  14. #534
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    4,441

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    Clark in goal

  15. #535
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    l'etat de granit
    Posts
    860
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyRef View Post
    Clark in goal
    Be interesting to see how short his leash is.

  16. #536
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    l'etat de granit
    Posts
    860

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    That's one on Clark.

  17. #537
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    29,640

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    Game isn’t on ESPN3, it’s on YouTube and isn’t working.

  18. #538
    Seasoned Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    NO SPIN ZONE!!! Kennebunkport, Me
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    Game isn’t on ESPN3, it’s on YouTube and isn’t working.
    It's working for me!

  19. #539
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    l'etat de granit
    Posts
    860

    Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

    Why are they in white tonight?

  20. #540
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Once upon a time, Jax , Florida but now somewhere in the Lakes Region of NH
    Posts
    4,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerman View Post
    Why are they in white tonight?
    Million dollar question....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •