This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

At Snively65's request, I'll repost the latest WIS Challenge based on some quotes taken from various UNH personnel in the aftermath of this past weekend's loss to Brown, as reported by Al Pike at Foster's Daily Democrat. The challenge is for you, the reader, to match the listed UNH personnel with the following quotes (although a link to the article follows below, it's way more fun not to read the article 'til after you do the quiz. ):

(A) Danny Tirone
    (B) Liam Blackburn
    (C) Dylan "Foxhole" Chanter
    (D) Coach Dick Umile

(1) “Give them credit for coming back. Give us no credit for the pushback and the effort.”

(2) “In the third period I think they had more left in the tank than we did, and it showed.”

(3) “We weren’t really up 4-0 the way the game was going early. They had a lot of chances. They missed some of their best opportunities early. They played harder and longer than we did.”

(4) “They just didn’t quit. They were relentless. Eventually something’s got to go in for them.”

(5) “We talked about playing a 60-minute hockey game before the game, after the first period, after the second period and did absolutely nothing in the third period.”

(6) “Throughout the third period they were all over us and I don’t think we responded as well as we should have. It just seemed like they were winning the puck battles and spending a lot of time in our zone. They got the momentum going and we didn’t respond the way that we should have and need to. That’s disappointing.”

http://www.fosters.com/sports/201801...-drawing-brown

BONUS POINTS (for kicks and giggles): Spot the portion of the article where you can see how Al Pike overlooked one small detail when he was forced to rewrite the original article from the (very understandable) assumption that UNH would somehow manage to win this game comfortably? deltabravo nailed this already

Snively65, you were the only one to participate first time through. Missed a bunch of 'em, too ...
    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
      At Snively65's request, I'll repost the latest WIS Challenge based on some quotes taken from various UNH personnel in the aftermath of this past weekend's loss to Brown, as reported by Al Pike at Foster's Daily Democrat. The challenge is for you, the reader, to match the listed UNH personnel with the following quotes (although a link to the article follows below, it's way more fun not to read the article 'til after you do the quiz. ):

(A) Danny Tirone
      (B) Liam Blackburn
      (C) Dylan "Foxhole" Chanter
      (D) Coach Dick Umile

(1) “Give them credit for coming back. Give us no credit for the pushback and the effort.”

(2) “In the third period I think they had more left in the tank than we did, and it showed.”

(3) “We weren’t really up 4-0 the way the game was going early. They had a lot of chances. They missed some of their best opportunities early. They played harder and longer than we did.”

(4) “They just didn’t quit. They were relentless. Eventually something’s got to go in for them.”

(5) “We talked about playing a 60-minute hockey game before the game, after the first period, after the second period and did absolutely nothing in the third period.”

(6) “Throughout the third period they were all over us and I don’t think we responded as well as we should have. It just seemed like they were winning the puck battles and spending a lot of time in our zone. They got the momentum going and we didn’t respond the way that we should have and need to. That’s disappointing.”

http://www.fosters.com/sports/201801...-drawing-brown

BONUS POINTS (for kicks and giggles): Spot the portion of the article where you can see how Al Pike overlooked one small detail when he was forced to rewrite the original article from the (very understandable) assumption that UNH would somehow manage to win this game comfortably? deltabravo nailed this already

Snively65, you were the only one to participate first time through. Missed a bunch of 'em, too ...
      I figured that I went down in flames 🔥 on that quiz, as all these guys seem to parrot one another now. And, I still have not read Al's article. But, I may go to the game at Conte on Sunday afternoon; 1pm? Really? Whassup wid dat?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        I figured that I went down in flames �� on that quiz, as all these guys seem to parrot one another now.
        Would you believe me if I told you that of those six quotes, they were distributed as follows?

3 - Tirone (A)
        2 - Umile
        1 - Blackburn
        0 - Foxhole (C)
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          Would you believe me if I told you that of those six quotes, they were distributed as follows?

3 - Tirone (A)
          2 - Umile
          1 - Blackburn
          0 - Foxhole (C)
          In contrast, my distribution of picks (page 23, wow this thread is flyin'!) was:
          2 - Tirone (A)
          2 - Umile (HC)
          1 - Blackburn
          1 - Foxhole (C)
          But, if I even got one correctly attributed, it was by luck alone.

Comment

Today's article from Foster's regarding tonight's game with BU:

http://www.fosters.com/sports/201801...win-in-6-games

"UNH is 9-0-2 when leading after two periods, but 0-9-0 when tied or trailing at the end of two"

THIS ^ ^ ^
            UNH

Comment

Not able to make the trip to Durham tonight. Do you guys have free streaming? How's the quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                Not able to make the trip to Durham tonight. Do you guys have free streaming? How's the quality?
                ESPN3 I believe is an online feed. Also think it is free. Never seen it as I am there, but never heard a complaint....or a complement.
                Good luck, with the feed, not the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Never watched but heard from someone with a fairly small TV it is good. Please let us know what you think?
                  I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Clark in goal
                    Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Clark in goal
                      Be interesting to see how short his leash is.
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

That's one on Clark.

Comment

Game isn’t on ESPN3, it’s on YouTube and isn’t working.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                            Game isn’t on ESPN3, it’s on YouTube and isn’t working.
                            It's working for me!
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Why are they in white tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                                Why are they in white tonight?
                                Million dollar question....
                                Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X