This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

And why not? Nothing but bad Danny all weekend.
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerman View Post
      And why not? Nothing but bad Danny all weekend.
      Even adequate Danny cuts the goals in half each night and it's an entirely different weekend. Is this weekend a bump in the road or the beginning of the end? Lots of work to do to make up these losses in the PWR. As I said the other day, wins may not really help - but losses will really hurt...
      Live Free or Die!!
      Miami University '03

Comment

Tough weekend for UNH and Hockey East in the pairwise. Northeastern is the top HE team in the pairwise at #12. This doesn't bode well since most OOC games are done. It appears UNH will have to win the HE title to get into the NCAA's. My guess, at this point, HE has two teams in the tourney.

Comment

What a sheety weekend for UNH Mens athletics.

F@%* The Quest and F@%* the NRN.

Merry fuggin' Christmas and Happy fuggin' New Year.

I'll be back when Umile-opia is over.

================================================
          UNH

Comment

One-half game better this season than last at the break (9-7-1 vs. 8-7-2)

Of course there is no "gauntlet" in the second half of this season.
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              What a sheety weekend for UNH Mens athletics.

F@%* The Quest and F@%* the NRN.

Merry fuggin' Christmas and Happy fuggin' New Year.

I'll be back when Umile-opia is over.

================================================

Not that I disagree with your tenor, Scott ... gosh, I hope your nieces don't get wind of those comments!!

Two straight horrendous home losses, NOT a good way to start the break. Or maybe the break came just in time ...
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

So here is the final qualifying list of the NRN predictions. Winner buys the first round at Libby's on date/time TBD. HR or another suitably qualified candidate will be inviting the GOH to the event (while WIS runs for cover ):

1/06/18 vs. Brown @ home: Snively65, HockeyRef
                1/12/18 vs. BU @ home: phb, e.cat
                ---------------------------------------------------------------
                1/19/18 vs. UMaine @ Alfond: Dan, deltabravo, Nifty16
                1/20/18 vs. UMaine @ Alfond: After the Whistle, Scott, scoreboard, Darius
                1/26/18 vs. UConn @ home: Aerman
                2/03/18 vs. UMass @ home: WIS

Not much more than 24 hours ago, optimism was running high in the UNH camp about a quick and glorious end of the March but a pair of inexplicable home losses to back-to-back cupcakes has caused WIS to call an emergency meeting for early this week to determine if the upgraded March is going to have to be downgraded back to the original Quest. It's still almost - almost - inconceivable that the iconic head coach isn't going to find 5 more wins in the rest of the schedule. As Felger has just pointed out ... there is no second half gauntlet that even approaches the second half schedule from last season, or even for most of this past month of November.

So far, three of our contestants are off the hook for the *victory* in our NRN contest. The earliest date now for the magical event to be taking place is mid-January at Conte Forum, of all places (and that's assuming 4 straight wins out of the chute, including at home vs. BU). Realistically, the focus now settles on the group predicting the NRN will be accomplished during the UMaine weekend. I'm liking Aerman's prediction the best right now ... which might be worth the wait, if only so we can enjoy the plethora of empty platitudes that would no doubt be flowing from that Eddie Haskell Luce Canaan character behind the opposing bench on that occasion.

Not a happy time right now at the WIS Estate, with the 'Cats likely to drop out of the Top 20, while their PWR plummets further, and chances of a berth in the national tourney have taken on some serious water ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                  So here is the final qualifying list of the NRN predictions. Winner buys the first round at Libby's on date/time TBD. HR or another suitably qualified candidate will be inviting the GOH to the event (while WIS runs for cover ):

1/06/18 vs. Brown @ home: Snively65, HockeyRef
                  1/12/18 vs. BU @ home: phb, e.cat
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------
                  1/19/18 vs. UMaine @ Alfond: Dan, deltabravo, Nifty16
                  1/20/18 vs. UMaine @ Alfond: After the Whistle, Scott, scoreboard, Darius
                  1/26/18 vs. UConn @ home: Aerman
                  2/03/18 vs. UMass @ home: WIS

Not much more than 24 hours ago, optimism was running high in the UNH camp about a quick and glorious end of the March but a pair of inexplicable home losses to back-to-back cupcakes has caused WIS to call an emergency meeting for early this week to determine if the upgraded March is going to have to be downgraded back to the original Quest. It's still almost - almost - inconceivable that the iconic head coach isn't going to find 5 more wins in the rest of the schedule. As Felger has just pointed out ... there is no second half gauntlet that even approaches the second half schedule from last season, or even for most of this past month of November.

So far, three of our contestants are off the hook for the *victory* in our NRN contest. The earliest date now for the magical event to be taking place is mid-January at Conte Forum, of all places (and that's assuming 4 straight wins out of the chute, including at home vs. BU). Realistically, the focus now settles on the group predicting the NRN will be accomplished during the UMaine weekend. I'm liking Aerman's prediction the best right now ... which might be worth the wait, if only so we can enjoy the plethora of empty platitudes that would no doubt be flowing from that Eddie Haskell Luce Canaan character behind the opposing bench on that occasion.

Not a happy time right now at the WIS Estate, with the 'Cats likely to drop out of the Top 20, while their PWR plummets further, and chances of a berth in the national tourney have taken on some serious water ...
                  So much for those cupcakes Charlie, see you in three weeks.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    So much for those cupcakes Charlie, see you in three weeks.
                    Still bummed out from his New Haven comment? UNH beat Yale 4-0 recently. Yale 45th in pairwise. UNH at 26th is not a world beater though it is well ahead your team.

Comment

Sorry if this has been covered, but did my eyes deceive me or is beer now available at the Whitt? Saw several cups of what appeared to be suds at the game today. Way too blatant to have been smuggled in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                        Sorry if this has been covered, but did my eyes deceive me or is beer now available at the Whitt? Saw several cups of what appeared to be suds at the game today. Way too blatant to have been smuggled in.
                        Yes we have beer now... your eyes were not deceiving you!!
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                          Still bummed out from his New Haven comment? UNH beat Yale 4-0 recently. Yale 45th in pairwise. UNH at 26th is not a world beater though it is well ahead your team.
                          His elitist take on my hometown rankles for sure, but the proof is in the pudding. I could have ****ed on Manchester at the last regional that I attended but that is just poor form. Hang all the hats that you want to on your great coaches record, but until you at least recently win your conference, you still need to be slightly humble. As an aside, beer was also served at Sacred Heart (Bridgeport) last night. But of course they will not serve it at the regional there.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Kudos! The Whitt has been and continues to be a great place to see a game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                              Kudos! The Whitt has been and continues to be a great place to see a game.
                              For the few who show up these days.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                His elitist take on my hometown rankles for sure, but the proof is in the pudding. I could have ****ed on Manchester at the last regional that I attended but that is just poor form. Hang all the hats that you want to on your great coaches record, but until you at least recently win your conference, you still need to be slightly humble. As an aside, beer was also served at Sacred Heart (Bridgeport) last night. But of course they will not serve it at the regional there.
                                Uh-oh ... looks like someone's got a bad case of hurt feelings. I didn't realize you were a townie - not an alum.

Why are you ticked off at me, when it's the Ivy elitists in your hometown who are responsible for its current state?

Talk about an extreme case of "shooting the messenger". Or has Stockholm Syndrome gripped the Elm City?

Comment

Working...
                                X