Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many shots exactly did UNH have on their two five minute majors? The only consolation I’m taking from this one is, if they have only one win this weekend, let it be the Hockey East game tomorrow. Tough turnaround though.

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017-2018 Season - The Quest Continues

We looked like a mediocre team giving a mediocre effort; not a good indicator for the Souza era.

And by the way, who was wearing #8 and what did they do with Max Gildon?
      Go Cats
      Former HEA Champions

Comment

Unless this team gets it through its collective head that they're not good enough to take any team lightly...or not give maximum effort every game...or use their brains to minimize the bad mental errors, it could be a very long second half.

Comment

Originally posted by phb View Post
          Unless this team gets it through its collective head that they're not good enough to take any team lightly...or not give maximum effort every game...or use their brains to minimize the bad mental errors, it could be a very long second half.
          Bingo. And good call, Dan. You saw this one coming a mile away.

This was a Jeb!! performance by the 'Cats. Low energy, all the way.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• I knew Army was better than expected - but I wouldn't have predicted a loss and can't believe they let that one get away. I agree with PHB. They looked like a team that thought a win would just happen for them. They're not good enough to ever play that way. When they have success it's because they play like an underdog and commit to effort. That didn't happen tonight and Army won the goaltending battle big time. Hopefully, tonight resets their effort and focus and they get the next four as a result (5-1 over this six is what I expected). Tomorrow's another day...
            Last edited by Dan; 12-09-2017, 09:59 PM.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I knew Army was better than expected - but I wouldn't have predicted a loss and can't believe they let that one get away. I agree with PHB. They looked like a team that thought a win would just happen for them. They're not good enough to ever play that way. When they have success it's because they play like an underdog and commit to effort. That didn't happen tonight and Army won the goaltending battle big time. Hopefully, tonight resets their effort and focus. Tomorrow's another day...
              This should've been a W no doubt about that. Who knows what adjustments Army made from their game last night at MC but UNH should've come out with all cylinders on like their season depended on it. Now it's not something you can do each and every game (see UML v BU tonight). But you gotta wins the games you should so this one must be a let down. You are right Dan tomorrow's another day and 2 HE points are desperately needed. Go 'Cats!!
              I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Can someone lead me to a box score that includes individual minutes played? I want to know how the third and fourth lines and third D pair's minutes compared with the first and second lines and the first D pair's minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Can someone lead me to a box score that includes individual minutes played? I want to know how the third and fourth lines and third D pair's minutes compared with the first and second lines and the first D pair's minutes.
                  Been looking but beyond the basic box score of SOG's, faceoffs, can't find it? But here's a quote from their coach that pretty much sums up the night:

“Any time you play against a ranked team you want to put the pressure on them right away,” said Army coach Brian Riley. “You don’t want them to come out and feel good about themselves and be flying around. All of a sudden we’re up two-zero, and they’re like, ‘Uh oh, we’re in a game here tonight.’” (not directed at their coach...) I will say that I heard we had chances, but didn't take advantage. Nice goals from Mac and Wyse and heard the 4th line worked harder than anyone else on the ice; but I'm curious how much time they got as well, if it really matters that much?

EDIT: I did find this from CHN: Not sure if it's helpful it all looks Greek to me

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/bo...s.php?gd=69046

I have to remind myself that this kind of thing happens but like what has already been said here you can't be a top team without being ready to play, plain and simple. I hope that got engrained in their heads last night. Looking at the scores from last night it pretty much played out the same in HE; those who won Friday lost Saturday (EXCEPT BENTLEY but they aren't HE ) Happy for your boys; and glad we didn't play 'em. Getting 'Army'd' was bad enough; I would think knowing the impact on the PWR even if it's still 'early' would be enough motivation? Or maybe that doesn't really count right now? Glad I didn't read it was their 4th game in xyz days as an excuse. Oh, and Maine sweeps QU which is big for them even tho QU isn't having their best season.

Watching the highlights at the end you can see it all over Max's face; he knows it. Let's see if they can go out today and get the job done as they should. Wonder if MacAdams will play today? Somehow I doubt it. Go 'Cats!!

Ps...reading the story from the Army v MC game on Friday interesting that Army scores first, early in the game...but MC shuts them down the rest of the way with 4 unanswered goals. Somehow my husband's Christmas party was the place to be last night after all...

Pss...Shout out to Anthony Wyse 2 goals/2 games. Nice job!
                  Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-10-2017, 12:53 PM.

Comment

What I find interesting is that UNH with 6 losses overall is less than any other team in Hockey East except for Northeastern(5)! Down year so far for Hockey East I guess!!??!!
                    Last edited by e.cat; 12-10-2017, 10:57 AM.
                    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                      What I find interesting is that UNH with 6 losses overall is less than any other team in Hockey East except for Northeastern(5)! Down year so far for Hockey East I guess!!??!!
                      Yes and if the D1 tourney were held today 3 would make it. (And one of them is not us at the moment). Lots of inconsistent play; results you wouldn't expect esp in OOC play. (UML v Bentley kudos to them!)

Which is why UNH needs to use the talent we have night in and out to capitalize and...be "opportunistic". 😉 Starting today. Go 'Cats!!

Ps e.cat you gonna be there today helping?

Comment

Well any optimism I had for the year has quickly faded the last 4 periods. This is the kind of performance I expected from last years team. Way to many mistakes, to lazy on defense and poor shot selection

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                          Yes and if the D1 tourney were held today 3 would make it. (And one of them is not us at the moment). Lots of inconsistent play; results you wouldn't expect esp in OOC play. (UML v Bentley kudos to them!)

Which is why UNH needs to use the talent we have night in and out to capitalize and...be "opportunistic". 😉 Starting today. Go 'Cats!!

Ps e.cat you gonna be there today helping?
                          Watching from the comfort of my home

Not happy with the first period though
                          UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Hey Snively65 was that you winning seat of the game? Best thing that's happened since 1 min in!

Edit: met up and sat with our Snively65 and apparently he did not win seat of the game. At any rate...good to see us put together a respectable 3rd and giving DT a break. Was glad to see Robinson get some time. Disappointing weekend and here's to the break.

Enjoy the holiday season see some of you at the Ledyard.
                            Last edited by HockeyRef; 12-10-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• .750 / 5.58
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

Robinson in.
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X