Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale @ RPI, Friday, 12/1/17

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    I don’t know if they listed the final stats on RPI tv, but they had 10 SOG on their 4 PP’s. Nice to see them shooting more when they had the extra man.
    Also, Dr. D will like this, faceoffs were just about equal.
    Had Marshall in the PtC, almost picked up a shutout. At least I’ll get a QS out of it...
    Only when you include the center ice face offs! But we did far better in the third period albeit losing the last couple when Yale had pulled the goalie for the extra attacker and those were critical to win (and we did not)
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Re: Yale @ RPI, Friday, 12/1/17

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
      Taking shots from the outside is not in itself a bad thing. We need to work on getting people in front of the net for rebounds and tip ins. We are not very good at either of those two things. I have seen hall of famers make a living out of sitting in the right position to pick up rebounds.
      EHF: As I am sure you noted, you do not miss much, our defense men just do not creep in before taking their shots from the point. They take most of them just inside the blue line and give the goalie more time to react. Moving even a couple feet in makes their shots arrive at the crease that much quicker. it may only decrease the time to react by milliseconds, but anything we can do that helps would be nice.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
      X