Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I seriously worry that once Dump is backed into a corner by Mueller he'll let the birds fly.
    This

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

We elected this President. Just soak that in for a minute. I can only soak for about a minute and then I start to puke.
      We didn't elect this president. The electoral college appointed him.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        But that presupposes that there was a mass of false stories out there prior to Project Veritas which isnt exactly true. There was a few here and there...but in comparison to all the true stories it is an infinitesimal amount.

I dont mind what Veritas stands for, but how they do it is ridiculous. And the thing is, they are too incompetent to do it right anyways. (mainly because they hire unemployed nimrods to do it) They should talk to their hero Czar Urea he can tell them how to con people better.
        It doesn't presuppose anything.

Reporters are constantly being manipulated. There may be many reasons why. Maybe the manipulator wants to hide the truth. Maybe the manipulator wants to then "expose" the false story later to ruin the credibility of the reporter or distract attention away from the real story.

There are a mass of false stories out there. They aren't as salacious as Senate candidates impregnating 14 year olds, but they are just as false.

The existence of groups like Veritas reminds reporters people are looking to use them. The problem that we have is that reporters only seem to remember that or be cautious about it is when someone they don't know approaches them with a blockbuster story. They need to remember it when they are being fed stories by "trusted sources" or government officials, etc...
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          In a follow up tweet, he is accusing Joe Scarborough of murdering his intern in 2001.

A case medical examiner's determined was caused by a blood clot the intern had.

That's right, our President's accusation of an "unsolved mystery" is yet another conspiracy.
          As President, this guy Is doing exactly what he did as a realtor and reality TV show producer. Those are his only skill sets.

And since he has never shown the slightest interest in the welfare of others, it is unrealistic to expect any of that now. Two fair questions though: Will any GOP players step up to protect their constituents from him, and will enough voters who are victims of his idiocy wake the fark up. I’m not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            As President, this guy Is doing exactly what he did as a realtor and reality TV show producer. Those are his only skill sets.

And since he has never shown the slightest interest in the welfare of others, it is unrealistic to expect any of that now. Two fair questions though: Will any GOP players step up to protect their constituents from him, and will enough voters who are victims of his idiocy wake the fark up. I’m not holding my breath.
            The GOP players are only interested in what will be good for themselves.

Comment

No. And. No. That answers your two questions.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Reporters are constantly being manipulated. There may be many reasons why. Maybe the manipulator wants to hide the truth. Maybe the manipulator wants to then "expose" the false story later to ruin the credibility of the reporter or distract attention away from the real story.

There are a mass of false stories out there. They aren't as salacious as Senate candidates impregnating 14 year olds, but they are just as false.

The existence of groups like Veritas reminds reporters people are looking to use them. The problem that we have is that reporters only seem to remember that or be cautious about it is when someone they don't know approaches them with a blockbuster story. They need to remember it when they are being fed stories by "trusted sources" or government officials, etc...
                This is a weak argument to justify overtly dishonest activity, and it would be a lot more convincing if the perpetrators had any respect for true journalism. Rather, they are partisans who are trying to dissolve public trust in our institutions in order to say that there is no standard of right and wrong, or truth and falsehood, and therefore their lies have an equal footing with objective reality.

I recommend you read about the history of Nazi and Stalinist ideology. They employed the same tactics that Veritas does, and for the same end: to convince the public that any opposition to their lies was illegitimate. To scream 2 + 2 = 5 and then burn all the math books. And math teachers.

Conservatism in America has become Scientology. Veritas is the cult smearing any journalist who prints the truth about it.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  I overheard a pair of older dumpers this past weekend, pretending that President Obama did nothing- forgetting that he technically invaded an ally of ours to get Bin Laden.
                  Trump has decided to take HUGE steps - announces some additional sanctions.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

When accusing the President of "grabbing by the you-know-what", make sure you're not "grabbing by the you-know-what". https://www.infowars.com/irony-matt-...***-grab-tape/ (you know what to replace the stars with)

Comment

If he shows no interest in the welfare of others, why is he actually taking the time to talk with average citizens, unlike King Obama that only wanted to act like a celebrity?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Veritas isn't trying to test reporters, it's trying to entrap them (and planned Parenthood, and any other entity that isn't full on RWNJ).

The cover story wasn't meant to get the Post to run false allegations, they knew it would get checked and sourced. It was to try to get the reporters to say things that would indicate bias, or an agenda, or anything else salacious on the hidden video that they could then edit and manipulate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I seriously worry that once Dump is backed into a corner by Mueller he'll let the birds fly.
                          The only time he got the media to swoon over him, and give him the adulation he craves, was when he dumped a bunch of Tomahawks on an empty Syrian airfield.

Positive reinforcement.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

There is no defense for Veritas. Sorry. Just a fact.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              And yet, they are fed false stories by trusted sources or government officials every day(especially these current government officials). But do they burn their sources in those cases, exposing them for feeding them false stories? No.

Burning the source only happens when the source is one of the weak and powerless, as in this case, and not someone wielding the levers of power. As has it always been.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

The White House Christmas ornament is out.

https://shop.whitehousehistory.org/2...stmas-ornament
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X