Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    I certainly appreciate a poster taking a nonsensical position and running with it in order to get a rise out of people. But does anybody else out here think Sicatoka (and Flaggy) are really, really lonely?
    Not really. I'm sure you'd like to make us believe that we are, but I'm not lonely.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
      no one really pays attention to you
      You just proved to the contrary.

Comment

I would hope even the craziest, most pinwheel-eyed Republican would see how an official claiming the ability to absolve himself from his own crime would be suboptimal for the rule of law.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I would hope even the craziest, most pinwheel-eyed Republican would see how an official claiming the ability to absolve himself from his own crime would be suboptimal for the rule of law.
          One would hope that, but it brings into question of the party. And the party comes well before the country, clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
            You and alfa might want to check into who and when a president can pardon. Nixon was pardoned without any indicted.
            Nothing to check. Trump could start pardoning everyone today if he wanted to. It would be political suicide for him and the Republican party but hey, feel free.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by E.J. Smith View Post
              "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Overstating things by a mile, I'm not suggesting we're saving the world via the USCHO message board - or that I'm necessarily a good man, for that matter! - but not a bad expression of the belief that ignoring a problem doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

That he's obviously a half-witted moron - assuming he's not just a troll - is bad enough, his absolute certainty is what really takes him over the top into true lunacy for me.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst / Are full of passionate intensity." - W. B. Yeats

That sort of thing.
              Sorry, but he's a lost cause. He's either a) literally insane and therefore not worth arguing b) a troll and therefore not worth your time c) a moron and therefore not worth yelling at the wall.

You're ignoring a single loonball, not dialog.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                4-channers should drink it then, as that's about as close as they'll ever get.
                Sick burn
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  You just proved to the contrary.
                  i saw that you quoted me so I didn't skip over your post (as as this one)

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    It would be political suicide for him and the Republican party
                    Has the last year taught you nothing?
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Has the last year taught you nothing?
                      Has it gone that far? Really? That would be new ground. I thought you were Mr. Hope? If hope still exists then Trump committing political suicide should net us the entire 63% of the electorate. I know the 37% is gone forever. That's ok. Only people like Brent want the Democrats to talk to them anyway.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So ... DeutscheBank records ...

The payoff money between Trump and the Ruskies on the collusion was funneled through a German megabank.

Makes as much sense as Flynn lying to the FBI about something he did (something that wasn't illegal) I guess.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm sure Dump will take this report with grace, prudence, and poise.
                          Cornell University

Comment

I'm sure Dump will take this report with grace, prudence, and poise.
                            That was fairly well known at the time.
                            There was much talking-head speculation about it.
                            And even some of the high-level GOP pondered it.
                            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              So ... DeutscheBank records ...

The payoff money between Trump and the Ruskies on the collusion was funneled through a German megabank.

Makes as much sense as Flynn lying to the FBI about something he did (something that wasn't illegal) I guess.
                              I know, I can't imagine that bank would in any way be associated with money laundering for Russia.

Deutsche Bank AG may be close to settling a U.S. Federal Reserve inquiry into how billions of dollars moved through the bank and out of Russia. But it’s still waiting for U.S. prosecutors to resolve a potentially more consequential investigation.

The Fed settlement is being finalized and could be announced in coming weeks, according to people familiar with the situation. They declined to discuss the size of any fine, which would follow $630 million that the German lender has paid the U.K. and New York state over lax anti-money-laundering practices. Officials from Deutsche Bank and the Fed declined to comment.

After a Fed settlement, the remaining question is how hard the U.S. Justice Department might come down on the bank. Federal authorities who can bring criminal cases are investigating how Deutsche Bank helped clients move $10 billion out of Russia from 2011 to 2015, after the bank’s internal review of the trades found “systemic” compliance failures.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Article II, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution states as follows:

The President…shall have the power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.
                                The obstruction charges made against Nixon were from the House in voting for impeachment. These are not equivalent to criminal charges and are not subject to pardon. I assumed both you and Scooby were speaking about criminal ones. If that was not the case, my apologies.
                                Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                At the time of Comey's firing, Flynn had not been charged with anything, it was just being investigated.

NOW, dump can pardon Flynn. Not then.
                                Not quite correct
                                In 1866, the Supreme Court ruled in Ex parte Garland that the pardon power "extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment
                                "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                                Groucho Marx
                                "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                                Ron White
                                "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                                Milo Bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X