X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    No, it's not. Try again.
    I'd like to thank Scooby (and this collusion discussion) for enlightening me to the meaning and legality of collusion.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Trump asked Comey to do something.
      Trump then fired Comey.
      Suspicious? Yes. Ugly? Yes. Questionable? Undoubtedly.
      Illegal? No.

The key: The investigation goes on, dare I say, unobstructed.

And I hope Robert Mueller keeps looking until the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November 2024. Because at this rate it'll be going until then. (Trey Gowdy will be calling a Clinton hearing later that week.)
      Quite the assumption.

Would it be illegal if he fired Comey because he didn't do what the President asked him to do and drop the Flynn thing?

If not, why not?

You and I can be prosecuted if we actively tried to stop an investigation. It's called obstruction of justice. How does the president do that and not be illegal? Threatening and/or firing the head of the FBI over an investigation seems to be the definition of obstruction.

corruptly or by threats or force, or by any threatening letter or communication, influences, obstructs, or impedes, or endeavors to influence, obstruct, or impede, the due administration of justice, shall be (guilty of an offense)

Comment

Just remember. Both Nixon and Clinton were charged with obstruction of justice. The President is not immune.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/richard-nix...ry?id=47460022
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          breaking news:
          I mentioned that a few hours ago. Not exactly breaking.

Comment

Trump asked Comey to do something.
            Trump then fired Comey.
            Suspicious? Yes. Ugly? Yes. Questionable? Undoubtedly.
            Illegal? No.

The key: The investigation goes on, dare I say, unobstructed.

And I hope Robert Mueller keeps looking until the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November 2024. Because at this rate it'll be going until then. (Trey Gowdy will be calling a Clinton hearing later that week.)
            Assuming she's still alive. The measures they go to concerning her health are extraordinary. Let's just say the collapse on 9/11/16 wasn't a conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              Quite the assumption.

Would it be illegal if he fired Comey because he didn't do what the President asked him to do and drop the Flynn thing?

If not, why not?

You and I can be prosecuted if we actively tried to stop an investigation. It's called obstruction of justice. How does the president do that and not be illegal? Threatening and/or firing the head of the FBI over an investigation seems to be the definition of obstruction.
              The head of the FBI and the investigation are two separate entities, connected only by who specifically is doing it. Once the head is fired, the deputy head is in charge of the investigation. Nothing says that deputy head can't continue it.

Comment

When did I say that?
                And why isn't that what Mueller is nailing him on?
                If Flynn isn't upright about the info he's giving Mueller, expect him to be nailed on it.

Mueller let him plead to the lightest charge he could offer. Basically, Flynn's skating. Whatever he's got to offer Mueller has to be pretty **** good, or Mueller never would have let him off so easy.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  If Flynn isn't upright about the info he's giving Mueller, expect him to be nailed on it.

Mueller let him plead to the lightest charge he could offer. Basically, Flynn's skating. Whatever he's got to offer Mueller has to be pretty **** good, or Mueller never would have let him off so easy.
                  The Feds don't do sweetheart deals. This is also signalling the other thugs that the window is closing. If they wait too long there won't be anything of value left for them to spill.

It's a classic mobster investigation.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Great article that explains the process.

http://www.startribune.com/robert-mu...ork/461936353/

Trump is toast. Anyone who says otherwise isn't paying attention.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I certainly appreciate a poster taking a nonsensical position and running with it in order to get a rise out of people. But does anybody else out here think Sicatoka (and Flaggy) are really, really lonely?
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        It should be a six point plan, should it not?
                        I count only 4.

Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          I certainly appreciate a poster taking a nonsensical position and running with it in order to get a rise out of people. But does anybody else out here think Sicatoka (and Flaggy) are really, really lonely?
                          We live as we dream, alone.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Just remember. Both Nixon and Clinton were charged with obstruction of justice. The President is not immune.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/richard-nix...ry?id=47460022
                            You and alfa might want to check into who and when a president can pardon. Nixon was pardoned without any indicted.
                            "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                            Groucho Marx
                            "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                            Ron White
                            "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                            Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                              You and alfa might want to check into who and when a president can pardon. Nixon was pardoned without any indicted.
                              That does not mean he can break the law. Ford pardoned Nixon, not Nixon to himself. Once Nixon resigned, the the question of impeachment was not applicable- it was then a question of him going to jail.

I would have to say it would be questionable for a President to impede justice when it concerns his own possible impeachment. That's pretty clear in the Constitution.

And technically, Nixon was charged with multiple counts. At the time of Comey's firing, Flynn had not been charged with anything, it was just being investigated.

NOW, dump can pardon Flynn. Not then.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                I mentioned that a few hours ago. Not exactly breaking.
                                no one really pays attention to you

Comment

Working...
                                X