Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 841 to 860 of 1001

Thread: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

  1. #841
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,014

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah the problem is no one cares. Doing the right thing only matters if people dont reward those that do the wrong thing.
    Too funny (not in a "ha-ha" sense). Just finished Season 1 of The Wire tonight, and this quote came up (from a politician who may or may not be involved in an investigation about drug money/political contributions). Sadly, it's closer to the truth than some think:

    Fool, what do you think? That we know anything about who gives money? That we give a dam about who they are or what they want? We have no way of running down them or their stories. We don't care. We just cash the dam checks, count the votes and move on.



    It's simply about about the votes with politicians nowadays. That's it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  2. #842
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    34,321

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    The voters are like the ref in a Ric Flair match...since the GOP is the heel they get away with murder and if the face dares do anything shady it is a DQ.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  3. #843
    Anti-Semantic Brenthoven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    111,014

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    The voters are like the ref in a Ric Flair match...since the GOP is the heel they get away with murder and if the face dares do anything shady it is a DQ.
    Amend it to state that whoever's party is in power is the heel, that's a great analogy. Well done, man. Well done.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  4. #844
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Back down in Uptown
    Posts
    11,764

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Jerusalem is a common Trump strategy of throwing a grenade and shut the door behind it.

    If the carnage happens overseas, he'll say 'see America is better and I was right in closing the borders' and if the carnage happens in the US, he'll say 'see you need me to handle terrorism and we were right in closing the borders'. Deaths or peace just don't make the list of priorities. No news to many, but Trump is a seriously bad man.
    Go Gophers!

  5. #845
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,691

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Jerusalem is a common Trump strategy of throwing a grenade and shut the door behind it.

    If the carnage happens overseas, he'll say 'see America is better and I was right in closing the borders' and if the carnage happens in the US, he'll say 'see you need me to handle terrorism and we were right in closing the borders'. Deaths or peace just don't make the list of priorities. No news to many, but Trump is a seriously bad man.
    Before Trump, I used to think of Narcissism as an undesirable characteristic rather than the dark and dangerous affliction it can be, especially in a president. If there is a spectrum, he is at the end colored in red, for danger. Yes, he is a seriously bad man, and he could care less.

    I'm just glad we don't have to worry about him misusing a private email server.
    Last edited by burd; 12-07-2017 at 06:45 AM.

  6. #846
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    19,104

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Partly agree with the Dems demanding resignations. However, they also are doing this (see: Franken, who I don't think should resign until an inquiry is finished) just so the Dems can say to the Repubs: "See, OUR party is doing this, why can't you?"
    Yeah, cause that always compels the Republicans to do the right thing. Or, they just won't give a ****.

    What kind of friggin' fantasy world do you live in, anyway?

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah the problem is no one cares. Doing the right thing only matters if people dont reward those that do the wrong thing.
    Exactly.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  7. #847
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    22,529

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  8. #848
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    64,547

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    And once again, you see the differences between Republicans and Democrats.

    Democrats care when their representatives are accused of wrongdoing, especially sexual harassment, and demand that they resign their positions.

    Republicans double down their support of their candidates, because, you know, party. They don't care if their representatives(or president, for that matter) are skeezy pervs. Just as long as liberals suck it.
    Of course. But the argument is even more elegant. Turtle Boy laid it out yesterday. Franken has lost the support of his Constituents. Trump and Roy Moore have not. It's amazing the mental gymnastics and logic they use and it works with the 37%. And that 37% is passionate, votes, and has an entire News Network +Breitbart +Alex Jones +Rush Limbaugh filling the machine.

    There is no 37% on the Democrat side like it. Not even close.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  9. #849
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    19,104

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Too funny (not in a "ha-ha" sense). Just finished Season 1 of The Wire tonight, and this quote came up (from a politician who may or may not be involved in an investigation about drug money/political contributions). Sadly, it's closer to the truth than some think:

    Fool, what do you think? That we know anything about who gives money? That we give a dam about who they are or what they want? We have no way of running down them or their stories. We don't care. We just cash the dam checks, count the votes and move on.



    It's simply about about the votes with politicians nowadays. That's it.
    The more appropriate quote would be "You gave a fuk when it ain't your turn to give a fuk".

    The Democrats right know are giving a fuk. That, and $2 can get 'em a cup of coffee. Ain't gonna get 'em any votes. Not witth people like drew, joe, you and the Sicatoka out there with the attitudes you have.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  10. #850
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    19,104

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Amend it to state that whoever's party is in power is the heel, that's a great analogy. Well done, man. Well done.
    Exactly what I mean about your attitudes. "Both parties are exactly the same".
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  11. #851
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    64,547

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    It's simply about about the votes with politicians nowadays. That's it.
    No. That's not everything on the right. On the right it's the donors money and the fortune that the Politician has collected. While Amy Klobuchar may be about the votes she isn't the other two.

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Exactly what I mean about your attitudes. "Both parties are exactly the same".
    And they're not. And anyone who says they are is a Trumper. Cause that feeds his machine.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  12. #852
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    19,104

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Of course. But the argument is even more elegant. Turtle Boy laid it out yesterday. Franken has lost the support of his Constituents. Trump and Roy Moore have not. It's amazing the mental gymnastics and logic they use and it works with the 37%. And that 37% is passionate, votes, and has an entire News Network +Breitbart +Alex Jones +Rush Limbaugh filling the machine.

    There is no 37% on the Democrat side like it. Not even close.
    Doesn't just work with the 37%. It works with all the "not a Trump supporter, but" folks on this board, too.

    Supposedly smart, educated people.
    Last edited by rufus; 12-07-2017 at 09:29 AM.
    Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let's go kill them!

  13. #853
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    22,529

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Trump: "Hey, veterans! Yeah, **** you!"

    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...207781?cid=apn
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  14. #854
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    64,547

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Trump: "Hey, veterans! Yeah, **** you!"

    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...207781?cid=apn
    I don't understand the charity model for Vets. Shouldn't they just be covered? Seriously? I don't get it.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  15. #855
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,995

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Trump: "Hey, veterans! Yeah, **** you!"

    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...207781?cid=apn
    But, but, but the freedumbers are trying to get more money for the military.

    Oh, yea, that's just to kill more people.

    We don't care when soldiers come back home.

  16. #856
    Just a boring user.
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Walking to Yost
    Posts
    8,995

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I don't understand the charity model for Vets. Shouldn't they just be covered? Seriously? I don't get it.
    they "show you care".

    This issue has driven me nuts for decades. It's worse now that there are so many charities supporting vets. When they should be supported by our taxes. Thank you wall st for turning your back on people who make you a lot of money.

  17. #857
    I'm the Problem ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    64,547

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    they "show you care".

    This issue has driven me nuts for decades. It's worse now that there are so many charities supporting vets. When they should be supported by our taxes. Thank you wall st for turning your back on people who make you a lot of money.
    I agree. This whole model is stupid. Just cover them and be done with it. Take care of them. If there is mental issues that prevent them from being productive members of society build some homes, put them in there, and take care of them.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

  18. #858
    Inspired by Actual Events
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    da tech
    Posts
    5,755

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Exactly what I mean about your attitudes. "Both parties are exactly the same".
    Sebastian Junger has a good interview on Joe Rogan from Nov. 6. He's the most intelligent and liberal person I've heard make this argument to date. It's almost convincing.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

  19. #859
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    34,321

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Trump: "Hey, veterans! Yeah, **** you!"

    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...207781?cid=apn
    They play this shell game all the time. You will see Vet hospitals take the money and justify it saying they helped people that "Appeared to be Homeless" or "Have issues consistent with Homelessness". That is how they funded AIDS research in the 80s. (anything that caused any sort of breakdown of the Immune System like the Common Cold fell in with AIDS research and got the funding)

    So the GOP hates women, hates gays, hates the military, hates the poor and hates minorities. Hmmm...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  20. #860
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    34,321

    Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I agree. This whole model is stupid. Just cover them and be done with it. Take care of them. If there is mental issues that prevent them from being productive members of society build some homes, put them in there, and take care of them.
    If being a Vet doesnt earn you that being in Congress shouldnt.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •