Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

I finally saw the clip. I think the fat old f-ck's false teeth are slipping around in his face. It's a nice image to go with the blotchy skin and pattern baldness under that wig.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Well it is, isn't it? Israel says it's their capital by the oldest right in the book - conquest.

But...

Wishing doesn't make it so. Congress has to appropriate money to move the embassy to Jerusalem. No appropriation, no move.

-------
      Deutsche

Just as technology is making brick and mortar schools obsolete, why can't technology make the need for an ambassador obsolete, too? We can phone, Skype, etc. just about everywhere on the planet. Why do we need a huge staff in every country to represent the USA when I can keep a smaller group in Foggy Bottom?

If you need an on-site presence, no place is more than a 2 day trip via a fast jet.
      Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I disagree. I’m in distance learning at Northwestern right now and it’s not the same. Id have a much better experience if I was in person at least part of the time.
      There’s a difference between having an efficient staff and having nothing.
      This. There is a lot of research now showing online/not face to face is not working as well as they thought. Also what about all the nuances, contacts you get when you are in a place? You can think you know what is going on all you want but if the only way you are doing things is remotely you are only seeing what they want you too.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Here's the thing- by taking this side, we just lost all credibility to negotiate peace. This clearly chooses a side instead of trying to stay in the middle.

We didn't accept that the USSR took over Afghanistan by conquest. We didn't accept Iraq taking over Kuwait by conquest. But now we are supposed to accept this conquest? Weak sauce excuse.
      We lost credibility after the Paris accord and kept right on losing it. He is unpredictable, ineffectual, lies and flip flops. We have been obsolete for a bit. Doing this just one more nail in the coffin. We step to the side and other countries fill the vacuum left when we abdicate leadership. It isn't leading when you are the only country making a statement that everyone else refutes.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      I think he's just getting very nervous about Mueller. If he were on coke, he'd have been rambling nonstop. You can tell towards the end of the speech that he's very stilted, had to put effort into remembering what to say. His mind is on Uday's testimony to Mueller today. The slurring is a result of his nervousness, and the dry mouth that is a common symptom of that. The sniffing is how he composes himself before he opens his mouth.

EDIT: Some people also think he might be stroking out. With his diet and age, it's entirely believable, but I would think the entire country would know in short order if that were the case.

Look at Pence in the background too, staring longingly over his shoulder. "I want this job so bad, I can almost taste it. Just a little while longer, Mike, and you'll be standing behind that podium...President at last!"
      I keep telling you guys he could sit by the nurse's station with all the demented people confabulating and fit right in. I challenge you to go to a nursing home, stand by the station for 15 minutes and see if I am right.

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I watched it live and it was weird because some tough words he said fine and then completely butchered the end.
      He already has a personality disorder. Maybe he is messing with his meds?

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      Did the Native Americans know that we bought their ancestral lands? At the very least, they didn't take kindly to the idea. And then when we sent in the US Army to "quell" the Indian threat, bringing many different groups to the edge of extinction, that seems a lot like conquering of peoples to me.
      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Sure, you could go that route. But, at that time there were not too many people who were on the short end of the evolution curve that weren't getting screwed over by the white man. Put it into any context you want I guess. Doesn't bother me.
      At some point I was talking to someone who was heavily involved with the Native American culture. From what I understand the view of land was it couldn't be owned so it couldn't be sold. The peoples living on the land had the care of it. They could 'loan' it out but not sell it. The Europeans viewed it as actual ownership.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        Other than India/Pakistan, and a few countries in Africa, of course.

Nice to make an excuse for Israel to take by force area.... Given their track history in how they treat Palestinians, it's really hard to defend them via human rights. We just do because. And that Israel is a strong army where we can find cheap oil.

All this really does is continue the battle, and kill more people. What's the point to that?? When does that ever end? Or do we just keep it going so that we can profit?
        Yeah cause the Palestinians had nothing to do with any of this. Not that facts matter here right?

The Palestinians walked away from the '48 agreement because they figured when the rest of the Muslim world attacked Israel would die and they would get it all. They lost that bet. Then they went the terrorism route for decades but hey I am sure they were just innocent victims in that as well. Then in the 90s Yitzhak Rabin gave up so much in the Peace Process that his own people had him killed for acquiescing too much (literally 99% of everything the terrorist Yassir Arafat and his PLO cronies asked for) and what do the Palestinians do...they walk away and continue the fighting.

I know the Left loves to paint Israel as the Big Bad because BB is Right Wing but there is a reason he got elected and it wasnt because of some blood lust or 5000 year old feud. It was because Israel kept believing that peace was possible and every time they negotiated in good faith some terrorist group would start attacking again. You know how America went after 9/11...imagine 60 years of that on a constant basis. Maybe you think they should be Charlie Brown with the football but speaking as someone who has relatives there and friends I would say you are completely wrong.

The sad thing is the Palestinians never quite figure out they are being used. Their fellow Muslims kill them more than Jews do (just look at Jordan) and they use them as pawns to strike at Israel whenever they can. They never give them aid or refuge unless they are striking at the heart of Zionism. Their "elected" leaders basically keep them in squalor while getting rich (Arafat was great at that) because poor and hungry people are easy to manipulate.

Israel is by no means innocent and much of their actions I find deplorable but this Left Meme that the Palestinians are some innocent group being subjugated by the Jews in Israel is just ridiculous. The Palestinians have been offered statehood recognized by Israel on multiple occasions and they chose to not take it.

And again I dont support Jerusalem as the capital of Israel though I dont think they stole it by force either.
        Last edited by Handyman; 12-06-2017, 07:30 PM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Both sides are at fault. The Israelis behave badly and rarely get called on it in our media. The Palestinians behave badly and get called on it this country. Both sides have nasties that behave badly the minute any type of peace is coming close. I worked with a Doc who was a Jewish activist and always wanting me to sign some petition protesting the horrible Palestinians. I told her I would as soon as she could also admit there were people doing things badly on both sides. Never happened. I can't get why people think because one side does bad stuff the other side should get a pass. (This applies to either side)

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Yeah cause the Palestinians had nothing to do with any of this. Not that facts matter here right?

The Palestinians walked away from the '48 agreement because they figured when the rest of the Muslim world attacked Israel would die and they would get it all. They lost that bet. Then they went the terrorism route for decades but hey I am sure they were just innocent victims in that as well. Then in the 90s Yitzhak Rabin gave up so much in the Peace Process that his own people had him killed for acquiescing too much (literally 99% of everything the terrorist Yassir Arafat and his PLO cronies asked for) and what do the Palestinians do...they walk away and continue the fighting.

I know the Left loves to paint Israel as the Big Bad because BB is Right Wing but there is a reason he got elected and it wasnt because of some blood lust or 5000 year old feud. It was because Israel kept believing that peace was possible and every time they negotiated in good faith some terrorist group would start attacking again. You know how America went after 9/11...imagine 60 years of that on a constant basis. Maybe you think they should be Charlie Brown with the football but speaking as someone who has relatives there and friends I would say you are completely wrong.

The sad thing is the Palestinians never quite figure out they are being used. Their fellow Muslims kill them more than Jews do (just look at Jordan) and they use them as pawns to strike at Israel whenever they can. They never give them aid or refuge unless they are striking at the heart of Zionism. Their "elected" leaders basically keep them in squalor while getting rich (Arafat was great at that) because poor and hungry people are easy to manipulate.

Israel is by no means innocent and much of their actions I find deplorable but this Left Meme that the Palestinians are some innocent group being subjugated by the Jews in Israel is just ridiculous. The Palestinians have been offered statehood recognized by Israel on multiple occasions and they chose to not take it.

And again I dont support Jerusalem as the capital of Israel though I dont think they stole it by force either.
            Both sides are at fault. The Israelis behave badly and rarely get called on it in our media. The Palestinians behave badly and get called on it this country. Both sides have nasties that behave badly the minute any type of peace is coming close. (Settlements, rockets, bulldozing homes, more rockets). I worked with a Doc who was a Jewish activist and always wanting me to sign some petition protesting the horrible Palestinians. I told her I would as soon as she could also admit there were people doing things badly on both sides. Never happened. I can't get why people think because one side does bad stuff the other side should get a pass. (This applies to either side)

I would take issue with the bolded part. I may not have followed as closely as I should but I read this and it is like Israel is offering Palestinians a gift. The Palestinians were kicked off their land arbitrarily and then the 7 day war they lost more land that wasn't supposed to be Israel's. I get that this is a done deal but if I were a Palestinian I would want some say in what I found acceptable. Neither side is going to win with violence but until both sides are held accountable equally this will never be solved.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              Both sides are at fault. The Israelis behave badly and rarely get called on it in our media. The Palestinians behave badly and get called on it this country. Both sides have nasties that behave badly the minute any type of peace is coming close. I worked with a Doc who was a Jewish activist and always wanting me to sign some petition protesting the horrible Palestinians. I told her I would as soon as she could also admit there were people doing things badly on both sides. Never happened. I can't get why people think because one side does bad stuff the other side should get a pass. (This applies to either side)
              Agreed. I was surprised living in Europe and seeing the bbc coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Agreed. I was surprised living in Europe and seeing the bbc coverage.
                I started out listening to the BBC and being baffled when I listened to the coverage over here.

Comment

And once again, you see the differences between Republicans and Democrats.

Democrats care when their representatives are accused of wrongdoing, especially sexual harassment, and demand that they resign their positions.

Republicans double down their support of their candidates, because, you know, party. They don't care if their representatives(or president, for that matter) are skeezy pervs. Just as long as liberals suck it.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Democrats care when their representatives are accused of wrongdoing, especially sexual harassment, and demand that they resign their positions.

Republicans double down their support of their candidates, because, you know, party. They don't care if their representatives(or president, for that matter) are skeezy pervs. Just as long as liberals suck it.
                    Yep. For the 432nd time this year the Democrats hold the moral high ground.
                    I’m intrigued by POTUS’s slurring in correlation to the dramatic sniffling. It’s got to be some pretty heavy drug use right?
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I finally saw the clip. I think the fat old f-ck's false teeth are slipping around in his face. It's a nice image to go with the blotchy skin and pattern baldness under that wig.
                      Good lord, "join USH", "lasting PEASCH", United SHTATES", if Hillary gave a speech and slurred like that the outcry would have been deafening. Is this being discussed anywhere remotely mainstream? I too thought there was some comical exaggeration on the part of some of you on the forum, but that was obvious. Now perhaps he just came from having some routine dental work. Nothing at all wrong with that. But it was either that, or something is going on. Maybe Melania found out he's been giving it to Ivanka and punched him in the mouth and loosened a couple back teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Partly agree with the Dems demanding resignations. However, they also are doing this (see: Franken, who I don't think should resign until an inquiry is finished) just so the Dems can say to the Repubs: "See, OUR party is doing this, why can't you?"

FTR, I prefer to judge on a case-by-case basis, no matter what party the accused is registered to.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Partly agree with the Dems demanding resignations. However, they also are doing this (see: Franken, who I don't think should resign until an inquiry is finished) just so the Dems can say to the Repubs: "See, OUR party is doing this, why can't you?"

FTR, I prefer to judge on a case-by-case basis, no matter what party the accused is registered to.
                          The horror of doing the right thing in order to hold others to the same standard

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            The horror of doing the right thing in order to hold others to the same standard
                            Don't be over dramatic. Franken is (or was) going through an inquiry, which IMO was the right thing to do. Obviously expected to resign tomorrow. Personally, I think his fight is a witch hunt (at this point in time, mind you), and I don't even like the guy overall.

He's become a political pawn.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Both sides are at fault. The Israelis behave badly and rarely get called on it in our media. The Palestinians behave badly and get called on it this country. Both sides have nasties that behave badly the minute any type of peace is coming close. (Settlements, rockets, bulldozing homes, more rockets). I worked with a Doc who was a Jewish activist and always wanting me to sign some petition protesting the horrible Palestinians. I told her I would as soon as she could also admit there were people doing things badly on both sides. Never happened. I can't get why people think because one side does bad stuff the other side should get a pass. (This applies to either side)

I would take issue with the bolded part. I may not have followed as closely as I should but I read this and it is like Israel is offering Palestinians a gift. The Palestinians were kicked off their land arbitrarily and then the 7 day war they lost more land that wasn't supposed to be Israel's. I get that this is a done deal but if I were a Palestinian I would want some say in what I found acceptable. Neither side is going to win with violence but until both sides are held accountable equally this will never be solved.
                              Sorry but to me that is a false equivalency. Israel acts badly now (which ticks me off to no end because they lose the moral high ground in doing so plus it is just plain wrong) but they were hardly the aggressor for many years. The Palestinians are Chris Kunitz taking cheap shots and then playing the victim when someone dares fights back.

As I said it many times it is easy for us to judge them from thousands of miles away in relative safety. But look at what we did after we were attacked once. (and remember we are hardly passive aggressive so you could say we do bad things as well) It is what 16 years later and we still discriminate against Muslims (or Muslim like people since we are ignorant) to the point our President is actively trying to ban them. (to the deafening sound of applause by half the country) Now imagine that as a way of life...

Israel is no saint and I take them to task for how they act but to equate the two is misguided IMHO and ridiculously simplistic. To go back to Chris Kunitz yes the guy who fights back should also get a penalty but there is an instigator penalty for a reason.

Anyways this is off topic and I really dont want to fight about it anymore
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Yeah the problem is no one cares. Doing the right thing only matters if people dont reward those that do the wrong thing.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X