Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 46:24 - Donald Trump! Superstar!!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Flynn charged with lying to FBI
    So, let's see if I have this right. He lied to the FBI. Clinton was under oath for 10 hours with the GOD of prosecutors Trey Gowdy questioning her and they couldn't catch her in a lie?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-probe-n825551

And for the cherry on the sundae Flynn had orgasms onstage at the RNC while chanting "Lock Her Up".

And this scenario is so outrageous, so bizarre, and yet we still have Breitbart and Infowars bombarding us with Fake News???????

Really?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      I feel like these two thoughts are very contradictory.
      How do you figure? All politicians are prone to corruption with the rules as they are. It might impact the right more than the left, but don’t put halos on the left.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        How do you figure? All politicians are prone to corruption with the rules as they are. It might impact the right more than the left, but don’t put halos on the left.
        Who's putting halos on the left?

If you're a rational thinking human being who can use their brain then it's pretty easy to figure out which party's members are also rational thinking human beings. That's how low the bar is right now. It has nothing to do with halos.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Let me know when Bernie or whoever on the left proposes something that doesn't involve the rich paying their fair share of taxes and we'll talk. I'm not saying those on the left can't possibly be prone to corruption but I'm more willing to bet on those who aren't beholden to financial institutions/Wall St.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            A “genuine” leftist Democratic Party will not be great in the long term, outside of a better energy/environmental policy.

I support a liberal government in general, but I don’t to see us spend our way into oblivion.

What we really need is twofold:
            1- An end to the instituionalized corruption that gives the 1% exclusive access to governance. It’ll probably take a century, if that.
            2- A return to idea that we can have different beliefs and be on the same team. The GOP needs to realize that being left of David Frum doesn’t mean that you hate America. The Bernie Bros (and all college sophomores) need to realize that everyone right of Josh Barro isn’t automatically a racist, misogynistic, Muslim-hating xenophobe. Moderation through cooperation, because no party has all of the answers and this tribalism is stopping us from seeing it.

Also, Flaggy is an idiot.
            What you were trying to write is tough to articulate, but I agree with the sentiment. We should agree on the major issues, and I think for the most part we do. The petty stuff has obstructed us from tackling the important issues and at some point that needs to change.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              What you were trying to write is tough to articulate, but I agree with the sentiment. We should agree on the major issues, and I think for the most part we do. The petty stuff has obstructed us from tackling the important issues and at some point that needs to change.
              You're equivocating again. Sorry, until the Republicans actually step up and start governing we will never get anywhere. This is all on one party.

Comment

Do we really though? Like this tax plan for instance which is being pushed solely by one party and is a huge issue especially for the future of our economy/democracy and yet there are some even on here who are for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Do we really though? Like this tax plan for instance which is being pushed solely by one party and is a huge issue especially for the future of our economy/democracy and yet there are some even on here who are for it.
                  I’m pretty confident at least 80% or so is on the same page. The problem is the current setup much more than individuals. I would contend that the majority of the people who ‘support’ the tax plan are ignorant.

Comment

Wow

Plead guilty
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

A “genuine” leftist Democratic Party will not be great in the long term, outside of a better energy/environmental policy.

I support a liberal government in general, but I don’t to see us spend our way into oblivion.
                      Leftists won't spend us into oblivion, that's a Republican smear. Leftists will collect revenue for every dollar we spend and balance the budget. Because we care about the commonwealth, unlike the parasitic plutes who just go from country to country like locusts, stealing and bankrupting and then moving on.

We are the ones who are fiscally responsible. They are the profligates.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Leftists won't spend us into oblivion, that's a Republican smear. Leftists will collect revenue for every dollar we spend and balance the budget. Because we care about the commonwealth, unlike the parasitic plutes who just go from country to country like locusts, stealing and bankrupting and then moving on.

We are the ones who are fiscally responsible. They are the profligates.
                        What about CT, NY, IL, and NJ?

Comment

All of those states pay more in Federal Taxes then they get back.

Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            All of those states pay more in Federal Taxes then they get back.

Try again.
                            How are their state finances?

Comment

Federal unfunded mandates. In many instances state debt derives from the federal Republican shell game of levying requirements without funding them, or of undercutting federal responsibilities and forcing the states to cover them. In many cases this has been a deliberate attempt to bankrupt blue states.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                $100 million over 8 years? That's going large? $100 million in Washington is a rounding error.

Meanwhile, the party you support is about to hand $1.5 trillion of taxpayer money over to millionaires and corporations, and not a peep from you. And you're gonna quibble over $100 million?

At least that money didn' go straight into Obama's pocket. Everywhere Trumpy goes, it's a property he owns. How much you suppose Mar-a-Lago charges him for his suite? 10, 20,000 a night? Rooms for the rest of his party and staff? You think the Secret Service has to double up, or do you think they all get their own room? At the insistence of the president, of course. Every penny going into Donald Trump's wallet.

But not a peep from you about that. But you cry about $15 million/year that Obama spent.
                                JFC, no I didn't. Your supreme hatred of all things Trump/GOP blinds you to sarcasm and humor from people different than you.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X