Worcester State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worcester State

Anyone taking notice of the Lancers start? 7-0 is 7-0 regardless of conference. Wins over the traditional top teams from the league in Plymouth and Salem State. Also beat Saint Anselm too.

I’ll say they have my attention.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Worcester State

Worcester State improves to 8-0-0 with 4-1 win over UMass Dartmouth.
    GO LAKERS!!!
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

And 1 vote in the USCHO poll.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        And 1 vote in the USCHO poll.
        Two in d3hockey I believe.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        Oswego State '09

Comment

They appear to be getting some spectacular goaltending from Josh Reinstein. He barely played at the junior level and with moderate number's. But he was solid as a freshman and has video game like number's through seven game's this year. Just goes to show that you just never know where a hidden gem might be found. I hope he and the Lancer's keep it up. I like it when new teams find success.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
            They appear to be getting some spectacular goaltending from Josh Reinstein. He barely played at the junior level and with moderate number's. But he was solid as a freshman and has video game like number's through seven game's this year. Just goes to show that you just never know where a hidden gem might be found. I hope he and the Lancer's keep it up. I like it when new teams find success.
            Fitchburg state ends Worcester’s perfect start with a 4-2 win.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Fitchburg state ends Worcester’s perfect start with a 4-2 win.
              Is the conference considered weak? I am not too familiar with most of the conferences; how would you rank them all or is that not really possible?

Comment

Originally posted by MELIN27 View Post
                Is the conference considered weak? I am not too familiar with most of the conferences; how would you rank them all or is that not really possible?
                Traditionally the MASCAC has been one of the "weaker" Division III conferences. They have had some good teams over the last couple years though with Plymouth State, Salem State, UMass Dartmouth all putting together really good seasons every once in awhile. However, usually those teams have fallen short against the NEHC, NESCAC teams etc in the NCAAs.

I don't know if its really possible to rank the leagues as a whole anymore. You'd likely have 15 people give you 15 different answers. Pretty much every league now except for maybe one or two has at least one and up to 3 or 4 teams that can be in the mix for the top 15 in the country every year.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by melin27 View Post
                  is the conference considered weak??
                  yes!

Comment

Originally posted by MELIN27 View Post
                    Take a look at the inter-conference records. Keep in mind that the NE-10 is basically club level.

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      Take a look at the inter-conference records. Keep in mind that the NE-10 is basically club level.
                      NE 10 is a better conference than you are giving them credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                        Agreed. One of the better conferences? Of course not. But club level? Not at all, and they'll presumably be improving now that the NCAA has lifted some of the restrictions on their recruiting that had been in place until this year.
                        Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                        University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye22 View Post
                          Agreed. One of the better conferences? Of course not. But club level? Not at all, and they'll presumably be improving now that the NCAA has lifted some of the restrictions on their recruiting that had been in place until this year.

Umm ?? Which would be what?
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                            I know you may enjoy St.Mikes and St.A's for old conference times, but the rest of the league...well...

Getting beat 1-10 to Amherst, 1-9 to Cortland, 1-12 to Trinity, 1-8 to Wesleyan, 0-11 to UNE, 0-11 to Arizona States CLUB team....They may be above say the local "club" teams, but they would be mid to upper pack of the ACHA Club teams even at the DIII level. Some of those DIII Club teams have a much bigger hockey budget then most of our NCAA Club teams. So depending on what "club" we mean.....even with that, the majority of the league is closer to "club" than they are a Mid level to Top DIII NCAA team...IMO
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                              Umm ?? Which would be what?
                              "... in Oct. 2016 the NE-10, with the full cooperation and support of its men’s member institutions, “successfully navigated the NCAA governance process to secure a change to NCAA D-II pre-enrollment legislation for ice hockey that addressed one major recruiting disparity for the programs relative to Division III and Division I. This legislative change enables NE-10 members to recruit all prospective student-athletes from the junior hockey ranks in full alignment with their NCAA D-I and D-III peers.”

You can read the full article here: [ Story ]

Arizona was in their second year as an NCAA program when they beat SNHU 11-0 (the game the following night was 4-2). They won a pair of games against ranked DI opponents that year. They weren't a club team. You can rip the NE-10 all you want, and again, I'm not saying they're a good conference, but I could cherry-pick blowout scores from every other conference too. If you really believe they would only be "mid-pack" even at the ACHA DIII level, I would suggest you watch more club hockey...
                              Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
                              University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Working...
                              X