Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Worcester State

  1. #1
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,901

    Worcester State

    Anyone taking notice of the Lancers start? 7-0 is 7-0 regardless of conference. Wins over the traditional top teams from the league in Plymouth and Salem State. Also beat Saint Anselm too.

    I’ll say they have my attention.

  2. #2
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,901

    Re: Worcester State

    Worcester State improves to 8-0-0 with 4-1 win over UMass Dartmouth.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    32,128

    Re: Worcester State

    And 1 vote in the USCHO poll.

  4. #4
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,901
    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    And 1 vote in the USCHO poll.
    Two in d3hockey I believe.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Oswego, New York
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Worcester State

    They appear to be getting some spectacular goaltending from Josh Reinstein. He barely played at the junior level and with moderate number's. But he was solid as a freshman and has video game like number's through seven game's this year. Just goes to show that you just never know where a hidden gem might be found. I hope he and the Lancer's keep it up. I like it when new teams find success.

  6. #6
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Laker28 View Post
    They appear to be getting some spectacular goaltending from Josh Reinstein. He barely played at the junior level and with moderate number's. But he was solid as a freshman and has video game like number's through seven game's this year. Just goes to show that you just never know where a hidden gem might be found. I hope he and the Lancer's keep it up. I like it when new teams find success.
    Fitchburg state ends Worcester’s perfect start with a 4-2 win.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Fitchburg state ends Worcester’s perfect start with a 4-2 win.
    Is the conference considered weak? I am not too familiar with most of the conferences; how would you rank them all or is that not really possible?

  8. #8
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    15,901

    Re: Worcester State

    Quote Originally Posted by MELIN27 View Post
    Is the conference considered weak? I am not too familiar with most of the conferences; how would you rank them all or is that not really possible?
    Traditionally the MASCAC has been one of the "weaker" Division III conferences. They have had some good teams over the last couple years though with Plymouth State, Salem State, UMass Dartmouth all putting together really good seasons every once in awhile. However, usually those teams have fallen short against the NEHC, NESCAC teams etc in the NCAAs.

    I don't know if its really possible to rank the leagues as a whole anymore. You'd likely have 15 people give you 15 different answers. Pretty much every league now except for maybe one or two has at least one and up to 3 or 4 teams that can be in the mix for the top 15 in the country every year.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,485

    Re: Worcester State

    Quote Originally Posted by melin27 View Post
    is the conference considered weak??
    yes!

  10. #10
    elbojpb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Elmira, NY Hudson, Fl
    Posts
    1,892

    Re: Worcester State

    Quote Originally Posted by MELIN27 View Post
    Is the conference considered weak? I am not too familiar with most of the conferences; how would you rank them all or is that not really possible?
    Take a look at the inter-conference records. Keep in mind that the NE-10 is basically club level.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 1999
    Location
    Burlington, Vermont,USA
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by elbojpb View Post
    Take a look at the inter-conference records. Keep in mind that the NE-10 is basically club level.
    NE 10 is a better conference than you are giving them credit for.

  12. #12
    Proud New Englander living in Ohio.
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    386

    Re: Worcester State

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    NE 10 is a better conference than you are giving them credit for.
    Agreed. One of the better conferences? Of course not. But club level? Not at all, and they'll presumably be improving now that the NCAA has lifted some of the restrictions on their recruiting that had been in place until this year.
    Frozen Four: 1998

    NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017

    R.I.P. CCHA 1971-2013

  13. #13
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    Agreed. One of the better conferences? Of course not. But club level? Not at all, and they'll presumably be improving now that the NCAA has lifted some of the restrictions on their recruiting that had been in place until this year.

    Umm ?? Which would be what?

  14. #14
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,520

    Re: Worcester State

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    NE 10 is a better conference than you are giving them credit for.
    I know you may enjoy St.Mikes and St.A's for old conference times, but the rest of the league...well...

    Getting beat 1-10 to Amherst, 1-9 to Cortland, 1-12 to Trinity, 1-8 to Wesleyan, 0-11 to UNE, 0-11 to Arizona States CLUB team....They may be above say the local "club" teams, but they would be mid to upper pack of the ACHA Club teams even at the DIII level. Some of those DIII Club teams have a much bigger hockey budget then most of our NCAA Club teams. So depending on what "club" we mean.....even with that, the majority of the league is closer to "club" than they are a Mid level to Top DIII NCAA team...IMO

  15. #15
    Proud New Englander living in Ohio.
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    386

    Re: Worcester State

    Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Umm ?? Which would be what?
    "... in Oct. 2016 the NE-10, with the full cooperation and support of its men’s member institutions, “successfully navigated the NCAA governance process to secure a change to NCAA D-II pre-enrollment legislation for ice hockey that addressed one major recruiting disparity for the programs relative to Division III and Division I. This legislative change enables NE-10 members to recruit all prospective student-athletes from the junior hockey ranks in full alignment with their NCAA D-I and D-III peers.”

    You can read the full article here: [ Story ]

    Arizona was in their second year as an NCAA program when they beat SNHU 11-0 (the game the following night was 4-2). They won a pair of games against ranked DI opponents that year. They weren't a club team. You can rip the NE-10 all you want, and again, I'm not saying they're a good conference, but I could cherry-pick blowout scores from every other conference too. If you really believe they would only be "mid-pack" even at the ACHA DIII level, I would suggest you watch more club hockey...
    Frozen Four: 1998

    NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017

    R.I.P. CCHA 1971-2013

  16. #16
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,520

    Re: Worcester State

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    "... in Oct. 2016 the NE-10, with the full cooperation and support of its men’s member institutions, “successfully navigated the NCAA governance process to secure a change to NCAA D-II pre-enrollment legislation for ice hockey that addressed one major recruiting disparity for the programs relative to Division III and Division I. This legislative change enables NE-10 members to recruit all prospective student-athletes from the junior hockey ranks in full alignment with their NCAA D-I and D-III peers.”

    You can read the full article here: [ Story ]
    Interesting, that should help.


    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye22 View Post
    You can rip the NE-10 all you want, and again, I'm not saying they're a good conference, but I could cherry-pick blowout scores from every other conference too. If you really believe they would only be "mid-pack" even at the ACHA DIII level, I would suggest you watch more club hockey...
    What is their record vs the Major DIII teams/conferences....??

    Since 2013-2014 the NE10 is 4-45-4.....(.113)....I'm not ripping, I'm just not living in a delusional world where you think just because you beat up on MASCAC and CCC teams means something.....Yes at the DIII Club level they would excel for the most part...at least a winning record...and among the top teams....but in the DI ACHA they would be mid-pack at best. With MAYBE St.Mikes/St.A's slightly ahead of mid-pack...

    The recruiting limitations will help big time of course and you SHOULD will see the .113 average improve, but it doesn't change what the NE10 was before. I'm sorry you want to call it "ripping" but it is what it is....

    Oh and by the way....they are 0-1-1 vs Rhode Island during that same time...a Mid Pack Club team...

  17. #17
    elbojpb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Elmira, NY Hudson, Fl
    Posts
    1,892

    Re: Worcester State

    Quote Originally Posted by PuckVoice View Post
    NE 10 is a better conference than you are giving them credit for.
    Granted I've never seen a NE-10 team in person, but here is a semi-unbiased/objective stat shamelessly stolen from another thread in which the NE-10 fared last D3. Draw your own conclusions.

    KRACH final rankings from 2016-17, based on the average ranking of teams in each conference...
    1. NESCAC (28.9)
    2. SUNYAC (31.7)
    3t. NEHC (35.4)
    3t. WIAC (35.4)
    5. ECAC-W (37.8)
    6. NCHA (43.1)
    7. MIAC (44.1)
    8. CCC (46.6)
    9. MASCAC (59.7)
    10. INDEPENDENTS (74.3)
    11. NE-10 (76.3)

  18. #18
    Colorado Cadets Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Lafayette, CO
    Posts
    9,398

    Re: Worcester State

    Quote Originally Posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    Umm ?? Which would be what?
    St. A and St. M had restrictions based on the having to follow ECAC E/NEHC rules for recruiting, financial aid, scheduling, and the rest of the league followed. Now that St. A. and St. M. are no longer in the NEHC, those restrictions are gone. They now are free to follow DII rules in these regards.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    32,128
    Quote Originally Posted by NUProf View Post
    St. A and St. M had restrictions based on the having to follow ECAC E/NEHC rules for recruiting, financial aid, scheduling, and the rest of the league followed. Now that St. A. and St. M. are no longer in the NEHC, those restrictions are gone. They now are free to follow DII rules in these regards.
    5 Schollys men
    18 Schollys women

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    10

    Re: Worcester State

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    5 Schollys men
    18 Schollys women
    Can you explain these to me. These are academic scholarships correct? How much can each scholarship be worth and what are the requirements to earn one? Can scholarships be split between players i.e. does it mean only 5 players or 18 players on a team during a season can have scholarship money or that the equivalent amount of 5/18 scholarships are split between the players?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •