X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    That doesn't others have yo feel comfortable about it.
    Check your auto-correct.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Ah, but if there IS a no weapons policy, and the person with the C&C (or whatever) continues to bring the weapon to the workplace, THAT is the person that will have to be looking for another job.

We have a no weapons policy at my workplace (main building). Have had discussions on it, etc.
      As most businesses do and should. Unfortunately that won't stop an employee from going postal.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        As most businesses do and should. Unfortunately that won't stop an employee from going postal.
        It won't stop anyone from going postal. As I said, it's mostly due to liability issues in case someone goes postal. "Well, we HAD a policy in place, blah blah blah."
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

It won't stop anyone from going postal. As I said, it's mostly due to liability issues in case someone goes postal. "Well, we HAD a policy in place, blah blah blah."
          Yup. And the gun folk will claim that if Harvey Shiplap was allowed to carry, Willy Wingnut would have been stopped before the carnage.

Nobody wins this argument.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Very correct.

Comment

Yup. And the gun folk will claim that if Harvey Shiplap was allowed to carry, Willy Wingnut would have been stopped before the carnage.

Not really that Harvey Shiplap would have stopped it, so much that Willy Wingnut would have thought twice about doing it because of the possibility of Harvey Shiplap. They taught about the path of least resistance at CCT, yes? And even if they didn't, who actually makes something harder on themselves in order to achieve the same goal without extra benefit?

Comment

Check your auto-correct.
                Just because it is legal for the person to bring the gun in your scenario doesnt mean others have to feel comfortable with someone having a gun there.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Just hand them out at Kingergarten and teach them how to use it. Done.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Just hand them out at Kingergarten and teach them how to use it. Done.
                    There are probably some areas where 5 year olds do know how to shoot.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Heck, it doesn't even need to be the deadly kind. How many of you had a dart gun, a Nerf gun, a water gun, or some other similar toy when you were little?

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Just because it is legal for the person to bring the gun in your scenario doesnt mean others have to feel comfortable with someone having a gun there.
                        Ok, wanted to see what you were saying before I responded.

He can feel uncomfortable all he wants. However, if he still wants to work at that job, he's going to have to keep on feeling uncomfortable until the laws or company policies change.

Comment

6 here, but only with a BB gun until I was about 10, and always under supervision until I took a safety class at 14. Even then, I had a tight leash until my junior year of high school.

There's reasonable, and then there's stupid. You don't just give your kid a gun one day and say, "Go pop some squirrels, have a good time. Oh, and feel free to sling lead at anything/anyone that is vaguely threatening."

Comment

Reset the calendar again.

http://www.mynbc5.com/article/multiple-victims-after-pa-shooting/15905825
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              fixed to parse link
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

fixed to parse link
                                Laurel Valley is off 711

One of mookie’s favorite courses in PA
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X