X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.425aaab63254

I might be wrong on whether groups known to each other count. I thought I read once that incidents where someone shoots his whole family or something like that didn't count, but I could be wrong on that one.
    This is plain stupid. Who cares if they knew each other? If multiple people have been shot its a mass shooting. Trying to describe it as anything else is ignoring the problem that far to many people are the victims of gun violence. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      See link in my other post. I thought that an incident like the one you describe would be more of a domestic situation(depending on the shooter) versus a mass shooting but I could be wrong.
      That goes back to the point of, there is no official definition. While the Duggars were just a silly example, San Bernadino wouldn't even count under the known to each other standard.

Comment

A well regulated Congress, being necessary to the profits of gun manufacturers, the right of NRA lobbyists to keep and bear politicians, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          A well regulated Congress, being necessary to the profits of gun manufacturers, the right of NRA lobbyists to keep and bear politicians, shall not be infringed.
          Nicely done.

Comment

17 dead
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              The NRA still does a lot of wonderful things that do not get any attention. Some of the political stuff has gotten whacky though.
              Not anymore. The NRA is a terrorist organization radicalizing limp dicked gun nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                This is plain stupid. Who cares if they knew each other? If multiple people have been shot its a mass shooting. Trying to describe it as anything else is ignoring the problem that far to many people are the victims of gun violence. Period.
                Would Drew count 17 kids at school? Or does that not count?
                Blaming the left for how it’s counted is one of the dumbest things I’ve read today and that’s saying a lot

Comment

There have been 18 school shootings in the first 45 days of 2018, according to a nonprofit group.

Everytown for Gun Safety, a gun control advocacy group, had recorded 17 school shootings on their website prior to this afternoon's shooting in Parkland, Florida.

Everytown defines a school shooting as "any time a firearm discharges a live round inside a school building or on a school campus or grounds, as documented by the press and, when necessary, confirmed through further inquiries with law enforcement or school officials," according to its website.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/18-school-s...ry?id=53091125
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    Not anymore. The NRA is a terrorist organization radicalizing limp dicked gun nuts.
                    I'm for anyone who is legally able to own a gun, to have a gun (although some tweaks are needed in the laws) and I abhor the NRA.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I'm for anyone who is legally able to own a gun, to have a gun (although some tweaks are needed in the laws) and I abhor the NRA.
                      I think the "legally able" part is where the gulf lies. The NRA considers the only requirement to own an assault rifle is a pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                        I think the "legally able" part is where the gulf lies. The NRA considers the only requirement to own an assault rifle is a pulse.
                        Yeah, pretty much. Guns really haven't changed that much in the last 20 years or so, but our society sure has.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Yeah, pretty much. Guns really haven't changed that much in the last 20 years or so, but our society sure has.
                          I’m sorry, but what point are you trying to make here?
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I’m sorry, but what point are you trying to make here?
                            That society's solution to an issue they have is to just get a gun and start shooting is the big issue. The actual gun used is usually not. I say usually, b/c of the unlawful ammo/style/etc of some of the guns used.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Not really...

Edit: Unless you mean we used to at least try to do something about the problem and now we just throw up our hands and send out thoughts and prayers while pretending nothing can be done.
                              Last edited by jerphisch; 02-14-2018, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                                Yeah, that's society changing. It's no longer a fistfight. It's use a gun to settle it. It's the attitude of the people.

Edit: and lack of responsibility of owning a gun.

Comment

Working...
                                X