This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

This is fun to finally see happening. Cause somewhere along the line the NRA became not a "gun safety" organization, but a full marketing arm of arms manufacturers and dealers across the country.

By the way. This clip is fantastic.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/msnbcs-a...aking-english/

Ari Melber explained to the Congressman what the 2nd Amendment was about 5 times I think (I saw it live). In each case the Congressman disagreed and Ari had the Court rulings (Scalia, Heller decision, etc.) to back him up. The contention was over whether or not you have a right to own an AR15. Heller clearly states the 2nd Amendment does not cover that. Legislation could, but there is nothing in the Constitution that prevents the Government from banning that weapon. The Congressman repeatedly said every time Ari told him he didn't have a Constitutional right to an AR15, "The 2nd Amendment".

It's very interesting how not only do we have inadequate gun control laws but we also have lawmakers who don't know the law. Anyway, read the transcript or watch the video. It's worth a couple of minutes.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Serious, no snark, let's keep it civil? Please?
      I would like you to know that I find your serious suggestion as disgusting as my parody one. My daughter is a teacher. Your ideas, if converted to policy, would become a significant threat to her. I do not abide threats to my loved ones. So keep your murderous, cretinous ideology away from her.

There was a time when people could discuss the pros and cons of lynchings in quiet rooms. With decorum. That time is passed and if you bring up lynching now people will boo and hiss you off the stage for being a moral and intellectual cripple.

Arming teachers = lynchings. You haven't caught on yet because, hey, I'm sure the Klan was the last to know too.
      Last edited by Kepler; 02-23-2018, 04:00 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I would like you to know that I find your serious suggestion as disgusting as my parody one. My daughter is a teacher. Keep your murderous ideology away from her. Your ideas, if converted to policy, would become a significant threat to her. I do not abide threats to my loved ones. So go ahead and discuss your silly notions with the voices in your head. But keep the f-ck away from the adults.
        Then please say it's a bad idea because of x reasons, as others have done here. I am perfectly fine with that. "Murderous ideology" is really crossing that line, for example.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Then please say it's a bad idea because of x reasons, as others have done here. I am perfectly fine with that. "Murderous ideology" is really crossing that line, for example.
          You don't get to make that call, kid. And all your penile substitutes don't help you.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So the dominant law and order discussion the past two or three years has been criminal or negligent cop shootings, and much of the criticism of PDs has been inadequate training. They train to use deadly force, and they practice with guns all the time, but it is a widely held belief that they need to be much better trained not only on race issues but on the use of deadly force in emergency situations.

Now we want to put guns on teachers, who are educated and trained in matters that have absolutely nothing to do with guns. And while we complain about how poorly qualified and trained teachers are not meeting teaching standards, we are now going to train them to be experts in the use of deadly force in emergency situations?

Sounds like wise policy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              So the dominant law and order discussion the past two or three years has been criminal or negligent cop shootings, and much of the criticism of PDs has been inadequate training. They train to use deadly force, and they practice with guns all the time, but it is a widely held belief that they need to be much better trained not only on race issues but on the use of deadly force in emergency situations.

Now we want to put guns on teachers, who are educated and trained in matters that have absolutely nothing to do with guns. And while we complain about how poorly qualified and trained teachers are not meeting teaching standards, we are now going to train them to be experts in the use of deadly force in emergency situations?

Sounds like wise policy to me.
              Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. Brenthoven, tell burd what the winner gets today.

Oh, and Trump pushed this policy again today. Again. And what organizations benefit from the policy the most? The NRA and Gun Manufacturers.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Hey it was an unconventional idea. As has been talked about, not the greatest solution. This is not directed at you specifically, but no need to call folks idiots for ideas. We all want the same thing. Spouting off ideas like this....well there will be some good ones and some bad ones.
                I get it, but when you start to think about the can of worms you’re opening here I hope you realize that arming teachers on any kind of mass scale is basically an unworkable idea. I could write a book on the unintended consequences almost off the top of my head.

Comment

You don't get to make that call, kid. And all your penile substitutes don't help you.
                  Well that's mighty civil of you. Pizz off in that case. Can't be civil, I would rather not associate with you.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Best Western, Hertz and Wyndham tell the NRA to get bent.

Why now? Why not when those kindergarten kids got murdered at school?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                      Because we obviously weren't there as a nation. Ten years ago the NCAA and other sports leagues wouldn't give two ****s about states that had bathroom laws. Now they do. Evolution happens.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Well that's mighty civil of you. Pizz off in that case. Can't be civil, I would rather not associate with you.
                        Well your idea literally puts his daughter in harm’s way, that’s probably why he isn’t being all that “civil” about it

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          Because we used to have slavery and now we don't. At some point ethics is more important than profit.

The death merchants had their day, but it's wrapping up. I'm sure they will go sell their garbage overseas, that's what the cancersticks did.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Well your idea literally puts his daughter in harm’s way, that’s probably why he isn’t being all that “civil” about it
                            Brent doesn't care. He's bought into the NRA screen that this is an ethereal discussion of state power.

It's not. It's poison in the water supply. There's no explicit Constitutional warrant for federal power there, either, but we regulate it.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              I saw one of my facebook acquaintances share a similar thing. I just unfriended and blocked him. I don't care if someone is like Drew and just loves guns. But when they get into the delusional state, I block them. Not worth it.
                              Yep. A nut on one issue is still a nut.

Comment

Brent doesn't care. He's bought into the NRA screen that this is an ethereal discussion of state power.

It's not. It's poison in the water supply. There's no explicit Constitutional warrant for federal power there, either, but we regulate it.
                                BS I don't care. I take great offense at the accusation of subscribing to a murderous ideology. I don't want more deaths. To say otherwise really eats at me. I respected Kepler, even if we disagreed. To accuse me of that...that's just wrong. That is not who I am. Not one bit. I posted an idea, one that is obviously not popular, and was shot down, okay, that's fine. To use those types of accusations is NOT the way to disagree with the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X