X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
    Where would this bonus money come from anyway, let alone the money for guns and training? There's states like Oklahoma who can't even afford to keep their schools open 5 days a week. It's nonsense.
    My armed teacher proposal would have no money coming from anyone but themselves. I simply would allow teachers to be armed. They'd have to pay for it themselves, and the only requirement beyond that would be to sit down with any concerned parent to talk about it.

Edit: I would not prohibit, nor require, teachers to be armed.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The other teachers would give up part of their pay to create the bonus money obviously.
      PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
      Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
      NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• "Why are teenagers losing interest in politics?"

Teenagers get involved in politics.

"We shouldn't listen to them; they're teens."
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          My armed teacher proposal would have no money coming from anyone but themselves. I simply would allow teachers to be armed. They'd have to pay for it themselves, and the only requirement beyond that would be to sit down with any concerned parent to talk about it.

What if, as a parent, you don't want your kid to be in a classroom with an armed teacher? And it's a smaller school so you can't just switch to a different class? Are you just supposed to homeschool your kids?

Comment

What if, as a parent, you don't want your kid to be in a classroom with an armed teacher? And it's a smaller school so you can't just switch to a different class? Are you just supposed to homeschool your kids?
            Yes, or send them to private school. That is the whole point.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Yes, or send them to private school. That is the whole point.
              And if you can't afford private school, then what? The state will pay? Will teachers not be armed at private school? Or will they have their own private security force? Just spitballing here.

EDIT: and if you're a single working parent, are you just supposed to quit your job so you can homeschool your kid(s)? And the state will take care of you? I think you see where I'm going here. This is literally the dumbest idea in the history of dumb ideas.
              Last edited by dave122793; 02-23-2018, 02:20 PM.

Comment

And if you can't afford private school, then what? The state will pay? Will teachers not be armed at private school? Or will they have their own private security force? Just spitballing here.
                That's your problem. No one on the right cares about your kids getting educated.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Can't decide if this goes here or the NFL thread, which is a very odd thing to have to type: https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/bullie...hool-to-close/

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Where would this bonus money come from anyway, let alone the money for guns and training? There's states like Oklahoma who can't even afford to keep their schools open 5 days a week. It's nonsense.
                    The NRA, duh.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      That's your problem. No one on the right cares about your kids getting educated.
                      Keep 'em poor, uneducated, and voting Republican I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        "Why are teenagers losing interest in politics?"

Teenagers get involved in politics.

"We shouldn't listen to them; they're teens."

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Thus guaranteeing that only the sh-tbird teachers will be armed. No thanks.

My offer, Congressman, is if a teacher ever comes to school armed they're fired. That includes the parking lot. I really don't give a sh-t about your laughably tortured partisan Court ruling. Keep your guns at home within masturbating distance or we'll come for them there next.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Sounds like Dana Loesch is no lying about being threatened during her town hall appearance: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...er-at-nra-spox

Prototypical aggrieved conservative who is always under attack by the dangerous left!

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Sounds like Dana Loesch is no lying about being threatened during her town hall appearance: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...er-at-nra-spox

Prototypical aggrieved conservative who is always under attack by the dangerous left!
                              That's how they win. Lying. Their base believes every single lie. They eat it like candy.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post

Man, that will make a great episode of her sitcom: https://twitter.com/Fizzhogg/status/966549840791416833

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X