This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Political cartoonist Mike Luckovich has had a number of very powerful cartoons over the years. The one in the linked article of the mother sending her kid to school with a tearful goodbye moved me to tears.

Comment

Israel

https://townhall.com/columnists/lawr...ocols-n2449726
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

That's fine and dandy, but are Israeli teachers buying their own cases of copy paper and pencils for students? Are after school programs in Israeli schools being underfunded by their government to the point of cancellation? Are Israeli school teachers working part time at Shufersal to make ends meet?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Not the right policy for America.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
            That's fine and dandy, but are Israeli teachers buying their own cases of copy paper and pencils for students? Are after school programs in Israeli schools being underfunded by their government to the point of cancellation? Are Israeli school teachers working part time at Shufersal to make ends meet?
            Sorry, we don't have enough money in the budget for pencils this year....oh, and here's your department issued Sig Sauer.

We are not Israel.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Saw the kids from the Florida school on the news. Wow. Some of those kids have a future. I hope the ones they interviewed are the ones that get to meet with Trump and I hope they’re as forceful as they’ve been in interviews. He’s totally going to say something inappropriate or walk out. Or cancel it altogether. I bet he makes them meet with minions of his. Did you see coverage of his visit to the hospital where they took victims? Seriously, the man does not have an empathetic bone in is body.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                Sorry, we don't have enough money in the budget for pencils this year....oh, and here's your department issued Sig Sauer.

We are not Israel.
                And don't forget your first class in active shooter training is Wednesday at 2. We paid for that as well.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Did you see coverage of his visit to the hospital where they took victims? Seriously, the man does not have an empathetic bone in is body.
                  Duh. It was a perfunctory visit for a cheap photo op.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

We are not Israel.
                    If the teachers want to pay, and train, and carry on their own, I wouldn't have a problem with it. That being said, I really hope they wouldn't be the herpaderps that want tricked out AR15s because they look sweet, bruh.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      If the teachers want to pay, and train, and carry on their own, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
                      I would. I'm not sending my child to a school where some dumbas-s wants to make a political statement and his equally dumbas-s superiors are so afraid of the mob that they will allow it.

Talk about social engineering. If you want your kids in that kind of warped ideological environment then homeschool them like the rest of the apes.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If the teachers want to pay, and train, and carry on their own, I wouldn't have a problem with it. That being said, I really hope they wouldn't be the herpaderps that want tricked out AR15s because they look sweet, bruh.
                        *facepalm*

Go back to thoughts and prayers.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          *facepalm*

Go back to thoughts and prayers.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

https://www.gofundme.com/8psm8-march-for-our-lives

If you want to chip in to help these kids out. We need them to keep making their voices heard.

Comment

I wouldnt touch that school with a ten foot pole. I am sorry but teachers dont need guns and it creates way more issues than it could ever solve. Plus it wont stop any of this anyways...in fact I would bet it would only make it worse. That district would crap the bed too because every parent with means would pull their kid out.

I can just see it now, active shooter and Teacher A decides to be Rambo and tries to go after him...the amount of fatalities would double.

One of the worst ideas ever. I would fear the teachers more than I ever would a school shooting.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The "good guy with a gun" myth has taken hold with a large portion of society, even among people who are not normally gung-ho when it comes to guns and the NRA.

Like most of the narratives the NRA would have you believe, the "good guy with a gun" is a wildly inaccurate fantasy. One study by the RAND corporation showed that over a nearly 10-year period, New York City police officers missed their targets the vast majority of the time. The hit rate was just 30% when the suspect was NOT returning fire, and an astoundingly minuscule 18% of the time if the suspect WAS returning fire. How many people out there think the average citizen would be any better than a supposedly "highly trained" cop?

Of course this is based on empirical data and a highly organized, scientific study. Which means today's NRA member and 95% of the republican party would judge it as dubious as best, and likely fake.

Comment

Working...
                                X