X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I hope everyone gets a chance to read William McGurn’s piece in today’s WSJ titled ‘our childish gun debate.’ He completely knocks it out of the park.
    OK, I read it. It's a play for time until we forget again.

That you think this ploy for another holding pattern is some sort of wisdom is a testament to how deeply the gun lobby has their hooks in your psychology. The piece is just another plea for "quiet rooms" and "not the time to discuss this" from an industry of death that is finally on the hot seat of accountability and will do or say anything to just put things back to where they were before.

Sandy Hook (2012) should have been the instant things changed. Hell, Columbine (1999) should have been the instant things changed. Somehow the NRA and their GOP water carriers survived those and squeezed another 19 years of profits out of our childrens' deaths. Hopefully they will not survive this. The kids have had enough, maybe the adults will grow up now too.
    Last edited by Kepler; 02-27-2018, 08:49 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      OK, I read it. It's a play for time until we forget again.

That you think this ploy for another holding pattern is some sort of wisdom is a testament to how deeply the gun lobby has their hooks in your psychology. The piece is just another plea for "quiet rooms" and "not the time to discuss this" from an industry of death that is finally on the hot seat of accountability and will do or say anything to just put things back to where they were before.

Sandy Hook (2012) should have been the instant things changed. Hell, Columbine (1999) should have been the instant things changed. Somehow the NRA and their GOP water carriers survived those and squeezed another 19 years of profits out of our childrens' deaths. Hopefully they will not survive this. The kids have had enough, maybe the adults will grow up now too.
      Maybe something should happen, but the debate right now is completely absurd. There needs to be some sort of clear evidence that a proposal will make a difference versus the token act of ‘doing something.’ As someone who was 17 at one point trust me when I say they shouldn’t be leading the debate on anything.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maybe something should happen, but the debate right now is completely absurd. There needs to be some sort of clear evidence that a proposal will make a difference versus the token act of ‘doing something.’ As someone who was 17 at one point trust me when I say they shouldn’t be leading the debate on anything.
        rotflmao
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Adults seem incapable of leading the debate. So its up to the future voters to handle it.
          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

If you think that's what's happening you aren't paying attention.

The 17 year olds are getting coverage because they are a dramatic story.

The real debate has been going on doggedly for decades. It was just obscured from the public and deflected from governance by extremely savvy marketing execs and extremely corrupt K Street lobbyists and their bought Members. Now, the actual debate has broken through the NRA Wall of Inaction. The kids aren't driving that debate any more than the fondlers were driving it before when the GOP had the whole thing sewn up tight.

We are coming for the death merchants, not the teens. The NRA is in a fight for its life with us, because we have the nation's attention now. The murder of teens wasn't enough, but the survivors' brave stance is. The networks had no idea that when they shamelessly exploited the kids' misery they were doing something positive, any more than when they shamelessly exploited the fascination with Dump that they were enabling a fascist coup, but... here we are. Media coverage has consequences.
            Last edited by Kepler; 02-27-2018, 09:09 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There is clear evidence that more guns=more gun violence, less guns=less gun violence. Any questions?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                There is clear evidence that more guns=more gun violence, less guns=less gun violence. Any questions?
                I've done some extensive studying on this. My studies have determined that people who don't have guns tend to be less likely to shoot other people than people who do have guns. I will update my findings as they continue to come in.

Comment

Yeah like when the 17 year olds helped lead the debate on Civil Rights? (along with those 18-21 year olds...what would THEY know) Oh and the War in Vietnam. Yeah kids dont know anything.

Sorry Drew but they are the ones who are the most incitement on the subject...since you know...THEY WERE THE ONES WHO WERE IN HARMS WAY!

And you would have more credibility on the subject if you didnt include the "clear evidence the proposal will make a difference" BS. There is never clear evidence something will work there is always risk it will fail the difference is one side is willing to try and the other doesnt give a crap. Well guess what we dont need you and your ilk to make this work...you guys can sit on your AR-15s and twirl the adults will find a way to make things safer.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
                    I've done some extensive studying on this. My studies have determined that people who don't have guns tend to be less likely to shoot other people than people who do have guns. I will update my findings as they continue to come in.
                    Interest. I did an exhaustive quantitative examination and found that if people arent around any guns they are less likely to BE shot. I wonder if these two are related or a coincidence.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Yeah like when the 17 year olds helped lead the debate on Civil Rights? (along with those 18-21 year olds...what would THEY know) Oh and the War in Vietnam. Yeah kids dont know anything.

Sorry Drew but they are the ones who are the most incitement on the subject...since you know...THEY WERE THE ONES WHO WERE IN HARMS WAY!

And you would have more credibility on the subject if you didnt include the "clear evidence the proposal will make a difference" BS. There is never clear evidence something will work there is always risk it will fail the difference is one side is willing to try and the other doesnt give a crap. Well guess what we dont need you and your ilk to make this work...you guys can sit on your AR-15s and twirl the adults will find a way to make things safer.
                      Would some of those 60s kids be draft dodgers?
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Interest. I did an exhaustive quantitative examination and found that if people arent around any guns they are less likely to BE shot. I wonder if these two are related or a coincidence.
                        There’s a twitter account that each day updates how many people have been shot by people who don’t have guns

Comment

Working...
                        X