This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    I would be fine with guns having car like regulation. All owners licensed, insured, and taxed for each weapon owned. All passing a test to start.
    I would include voting and freedom of speech in there as well. We could raise revenue and really stick it to those who are less fortunate.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      I would be fine with guns having car like regulation. All owners licensed, insured, and taxed for each weapon owned. All passing a test to start.
      This is the solution I want. Brenthoven says I never posted one but I've posted it numerous times. Gun license, License to own a gun, insurance on every gun, every gun with a VIN number, etc. etc. Any crime committed with a gun not meeting that standard is a felony.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        This is the solution I want. Brenthoven says I never posted one but I've posted it numerous times. Gun license, License to own a gun, insurance on every gun, every gun with a VIN number, etc. etc. Any crime committed with a gun not meeting that standard is a felony.
        Private prison corporations approve this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Why?

Other nations have done it and solved the problem.

"This is unavoidable" says only nation where this constantly happens.

How about this: ban all ranged weapons for 20 years. The sunset provision on the law is that after the 20 years we have a popular referendum on whether to revoke the ban.

We're talking about reducing the homicide rate by up to 67% -- gotta figure a few people are going to be really committed and go in for the strangling. Not to mention the suicide rate.

Facts.
          You didn't address part 2.

We've had weapons for years. The Texas Tower shooter did not have automated weapons. He made due with long guns.

It's not the weapons, or the number of weapons, it's the condition that more people are deciding that it is all right to commit mass murder. That is wrong and frightening.

What is causing them to snap?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Bonus, no one could claim we are trying to take their gunz!
            Maybe we could implement a tax on votes too! And make sure they all pass tests.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I would include voting and freedom of speech in there as well. We could raise revenue and really stick it to those who are less fortunate.
              Yes, no minorities or poor people have cars or licenses. Try again to alter the conversation, just like the GOP is.

Cars are ubiquitous. So would be guns.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                Private prison corporations approve this post.
                If you can't be a responsible gun owner, then you deal with the consequences. The general public has a right to be safe. If you follow the rules then you have nothing to worry about, unless you're assuming all gun owners are incapable of doing what Scooby suggests.

Comment

• Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
                  If you can't be a responsible gun owner, then you deal with the consequences. The general public has a right to be safe. If you follow the rules then you have nothing to worry about, unless you're assuming all gun owners are incapable of doing what Scooby suggests.
                  Can I opt out of financing all of these people in jail?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Maybe we could implement a tax on votes too! And make sure they all pass tests.
                    (Hijack alert)
                    How about you must serve your country in some way shape or form before being allowed to vote?
                    (Thread marshals called. Threat removed.)
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I'd be ok with requiring a safety course for semiautomatic rifles, and for all guns increasing the age to 21, 10-day waiting period, universal backgrounds and all transfers must go through a federally licensed dealer, digital registration, cross checks with mental health databases. I'd also be in favor of limiting clip sizes to 5-10. I think I'd also be ok with tracking ammunition purchases as well. Though, that gets kind of tricky because I know people who buy pallets of shells for our trap club all in one transaction.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Interesting we are willing to create databases of mentally ill, but not of gun owners...

There is literally a law preventing it. Other than 6 states that already had them.
                        Last edited by JF_Gophers; 02-22-2018, 09:10 AM.
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          You didn't address part 2.

We've had weapons for years. The Texas Tower shooter did not have automated weapons. He made due with long guns.

It's not the weapons, or the number of weapons, it's the condition that more people are deciding that it is all right to commit mass murder. That is wrong and frightening.

What is causing them to snap?
                          Which is the standard excuse, again. People will die, so we might as well open up all weapons and have a fire fight. Better than raw prevention... duh.

Comment

Interesting we are willing to create databases of mentally ill, but not of gun owners...
                            Was this directed at anyone, or just general commentary? Because if it's referring to me, you should read my post again.
                            Code:

Comment

Yeah. It really hammers home which part of the Constitution we really care about. This is one ****ed up country.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Was this directed at anyone, or just general commentary? Because if it's referring to me, you should read my post again.
                                No, your post reminded me of this fact. Not an attack.
                                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Working...
                                X