X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    1. Most are law-abiding.
    2. If you want EVERY gun banned and taken away, yeah, that WOULD take a major operation. People aren't just going to shrug and give up the guns. And you'd have to find all the guns that aren't registered.

Edit: I'm willing to compromise on some of my views, then I read Scooby's T/P snark and realize that anything short of BANZ THE GUNZ won't get people like him to the table to talk, so why bother? It's sad.
    If #1 is true than #2 is false. If they are law abiding, and certain guns (I'd vote all semi auto) were banned with a grace period to turn them in to a buy back program, they will do so. Other wise they are not law abiding. There should be absolutely no need for military anything, that's nuts. Then as someone else said, owning a banned weapon becomes a felony.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Stop with this stupid fu##ing narrative, Brent you're smarter than that.

You'd like him to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        You'd like him to be.
        We should at least offer him thoughts and prayers.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          considering them "toys" is part of our cultural gun fetish. it's a problem.
          Perhaps you should be reminded of who is using the terminology.

Those of us who respect the 2nd amendment know that weapons are insurance policies against oppression. We have them, hope to heck we never have to use them, but are prepared to use them as a last resort. If both sides have it, that's fine. After all, freedom is a two-way street. It's just like why roughing and fighting exist in hockey: It's a rough contact sport, but there is that gentleman's agreement that if you do something stupid, the other team's going after you. The tension is only instigated by those who want to do something stupid.

Comment

"What are they afraid of?" Cuomo said on CNN's "New Day." "The mistake we've been making is, we don't say by name the lawmakers of that particular state and what they have done or refused to do. So this morning, let's undo the mistake."

The CNN host criticized Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) for "actively fighting to penalize" Florida doctors who ask patients whether they own firearms. He also went after GOP Sens. Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Ted Cruz (Texas) over their response to the shooting.

"Rubio calls it an inexplicable tragedy. It is the most easily explained tragedy you can have. He knows why this happens," Cuomo said. "Then you have Ted Cruz. None would come on this morning."

"They're all on Fox, the mothership, because they don't want to be asked about this," the CNN host said. "What are they afraid of?"
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
              Perhaps you should be reminded of who is using the terminology.

Those of us who respect the 2nd amendment know that weapons are insurance policies against oppression. We have them, hope to heck we never have to use them, but are prepared to use them as a last resort. If both sides have it, that's fine. After all, freedom is a two-way street. It's just like why roughing and fighting exist in hockey: It's a rough contact sport, but there is that gentleman's agreement that if you do something stupid, the other team's going after you. The tension is only instigated by those who want to do something stupid.
              Those people in Australia are so oppressed!

Comment

Those people in Australia are so oppressed!
                They're putting a lot of trust into the government. Should an oppressive regime come around, and there are countless historic instances of it happening, how will they defend themselves? Or will they just live as slaves without freedom? That may be something you want, and if it is, we're going to have to agree to disagree, because I want my life lived on my terms.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  They're putting a lot of trust into the government. Should an oppressive regime come around, and there are countless historic instances of it happening, how will they defend themselves? Or will they just live as slaves without freedom? That may be something you want, and if it is, we're going to have to agree to disagree, because I want my life lived on my terms.
                  it must suck living your life in fear. I guess that's why you cling to your guns.

Comment

Good Video

More From Jolly
                    Last edited by Handyman; 02-16-2018, 10:32 AM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Woodside Elementary School, less than a mile from my house, just evacuated because of a new threat. **** the NRA and **** their enablers.

Comment

it must suck living your life in fear. I guess that's why you cling to your guns.
                        The notion of fear comes from a loss of control. My family and I are in control of our lives, and there is no good reason to give up control. There's nothing wrong with preparing for a contingency, as chance favors the prepared mind. I am confident, if a situation arises, that my family and I will be able to handle it. There may be an unforeseen circumstance, and we'll adjust to compensate.

Comment

Not only do we not fund mental health but we also do not fund studies on gun violence.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/05/polit...udy/index.html

Yet, we're doing all we can.

Thoughts and prayers.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Criminals don't care about laws PERIOD. No laws will make any difference. "But they'll stop people from getting guns," you'll say. Do you have any idea how many guns are out there already? Consider this, most guns are just as lethal as an AR-15 "ASSAULT RIFLE" *cringe* The AR-15 is not an assault weapon, people. It's just not. The weapon does not fire full-auto.
                            It's not an assault weapon. OK then.
                            That's the irony of this. One of the gun nut talking points here is always "AR-15s don't even fire full auto!". So then the question becomes, when you have an attack like this, or Vegas, or Orlando, where the shooter is described by law enforcement as "trying to maximize loss of life", why do these guys never use fully automatic weapons?
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              That's the irony of this. One of the gun nut talking points here is always "AR-15s don't even fire full auto!". So then the question becomes, when you have an attack like this, or Vegas, or Orlando, where the shooter is described by law enforcement as "trying to maximize loss of life", why do these guys never use fully automatic weapons?
                              The Vegas shooters (yes, there was more than one) used automatic weapons, as numerous amounts of evidence has shown. That doesn't mean they were AR-15s. That specific model number has been passed around and vilified so much that you could practically replace the general classification term of "firearm" with it, and not lose context for many.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                They were only trying, not succeeding...

Comment

Working...
                                X