This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Here's an article about the dad confronting Rubio.

http://www.startribune.com/shooting-...rol/474785753/

This is the disconnect on assault weapons.

People stood up and cheered Guttenberg as he challenged the Florida senator to tell him the truth, to acknowledge that "guns were the factor in the hunting of our kids."

Guttenberg added, "And tell me you will work with us to do something about guns."

Rubio responded that the problems laid bare by the shooting rampage "cannot be solved by gun laws alone," drawing jeering whistles from the crowd. He said that if he believed an assault weapons ban "would have prevented this from happening, I would have supported it." That drew jeers. Visibly angry, Guttenberg responded: "That is a weapon of war."
    Sen. Bill Nelson and Congressman Ted Deutch, both Democrats from Florida, also were present on a dais.

Nelson said he grew up on a ranch and hunted all his life.

"I still hunt with my son but an AK-47 and an AR-15 is not for hunting, it's for killing," said Nelson to applause.
    I believe Rubio is wrong and I hope the hell it costs him his seat. If this issue costs someone like him his seat in Congress that would be a legitimate move towards sanity.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      My daughter is a teacher in a red state. The thought of these dumbas-ses actually moving forward with their "arm the teachers" derp is both sad and disgusting.
      Mine took a year or two after college to teach for Teach America or similar program in a poverty and crime burdened district in Nola. From what she described, bringing more guns into that environment would have been insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Here's an article about the dad confronting Rubio.

http://www.startribune.com/shooting-...rol/474785753/

This is the disconnect on assault weapons.

I believe Rubio is wrong and I hope the hell it costs him his seat. If this issue costs someone like him his seat in Congress that would be a legitimate move towards sanity.
        I’m sure we can all agree that if the kid went in with a .357 and only killed five people it wouldn’t have been a big deal.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          I’m sure we can all agree that if the kid went in with a .357 and only killed five people it wouldn’t have been a big deal.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            We need to work on creating a better environment in this country. Kids shouldn’t want to shoot up their school. It’s a symptom of a much bigger issue.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

We need to work on creating a better environment in this country. Kids shouldn’t want to shoot up their school. It’s a symptom of a much bigger issue.
              Good luck. Thoughts and prayers.

Comment

But in the meantime you're okay with kids having access to high capacity weapons that can mow down 17 students in line 3 minutes of shooting?
                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

That would mean 12 more kids would still be alive in that school...
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    That would mean 12 more kids would still be alive in that school...
                    Yeah but if you can't save them all then why bother saving any of them??? #gunnutlogic

Comment

Seen on Twitter, since cars are the same as guns after all.

The NRA is like if there was an insane car lobby that was so powerful we couldn't have seat belts, speed limits, traffic lights, DWI arrests, licenses, or vision requirements because of "freedom," that kept pushing for a Formula One racer for every 14-year-old.

Comment

Just make guns illegal. Problem solved.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          But in the meantime you're okay with kids having access to high capacity weapons that can mow down 17 students in line 3 minutes of shooting?
                          Yeah, I don't get it either. It appears to be where we are at. The dad I referenced below did get a call from the FBI telling him directly that they screwed up. But, from what I understand from yesterday there were many agencies involved and the only one that could've done anything about it is the FBI. So, we have some laws that are really screwed up. Also, it is clear with the funding cuts for background checks and the fact that we know they are screwed up and inadequate, and we also know that the NRA and it's purchased law makers have systematically destroyed the laws that we have in place, I just can't understand how this is just a mental health issue. But, hey, we're going to fix murderers before they murder now so GOOD LUCK DREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What ever happened to fist fights? That was the biggest risk in school when i was growing up.

Also, remember the movie The Breakfast Club. One of them was in detention for bringing a gun to school. Different movie now!
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
                              Seen on Twitter, since cars are the same as guns after all.

The NRA is like if there was an insane car lobby that was so powerful we couldn't have seat belts, speed limits, traffic lights, DWI arrests, licenses, or vision requirements because of "freedom," that kept pushing for a Formula One racer for every 14-year-old.
                              I would be fine with guns having car like regulation. All owners licensed, insured, and taxed for each weapon owned. All passing a test to start.

Bonus, no one could claim we are trying to take their gunz!
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                What ever happened to fist fights? That was the biggest risk in school when i was growing up.

Also, remember the movie The Breakfast Club. One of them was in detention for bringing a gun to school. Different movie now!
                                Our school had a policy that if you brought a gun to school, you had to leave it in your car. Not kidding. That might have been awhile ago.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X