X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Hell just watch any number of mid 1990s inner city teacher films and you can figure it out.

I can think, so no need.

Point taken though.

Comment

Why cant we do both?

Serous question...why does anyone need an AR-15? And I swear to God if you say "for protection" you might as well just not post because you are proving to be the troll half of us think you are already. What harm to your person will there be if you cant buy military grade weapons? How does that infringe on your rights?
      We need them to be able to fight the tyrannical government's drones, tanks, nukes, and fighter jets! And in that scenario clearly we'll just be able to buy them at Walmart and the government won't just ban the sale of guns anyhow .

Also let's increase military spending even though we're so worried about them turning on us lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I don't understand why we changed this law in the first place.
        It had a sunset date, and was not renewed.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          It had a sunset date, and was not renewed.
          Of ****ing course. ****ing Congress.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Stay classy, Texas

A Texas school district is warning students they will be suspended if they joined students across the country in protesting gun violence following the deadly mass shooting in Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Why cant we do both?

Serous question...why does anyone need an AR-15? And I swear to God if you say "for protection" you might as well just not post because you are proving to be the troll half of us think you are already. What harm to your person will there be if you cant buy military grade weapons? How does that infringe on your rights?
              I don’t think they’re military grade, they use full auto.

I like them because they are fun to shoot and they have so little kick pretty much anyone can. If they were confiscated and we could only shoot .22’s I’m sure everyone would adjust.

As I posted earlier they account for very few of the gun deaths we have in this country. They can be used for bad, but so can cars or many other things. I believe more people died in the Marseille attack than any shooting event here.
              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I like them because they are fun to shoot and they have so little kick pretty much anyone can. If they were confiscated and we could only shoot .22’s I’m sure everyone would adjust.

As I posted earlier they account for very few of the gun deaths we have in this country. They can be used for bad, but so can cars or many other things. I believe more people died in the Marseille attack than any shooting event here.
                Go back about 15 posts to where Scooby asked you to use your brain. Try again.

Comment

Why cant we do both?

The only people who own semi-automatic assault weapons (as defined in the 1994-2004 ban bill) are the type of loons who get a rush from shooting them and playing toy soldier. The "gun enthusiasts" from the Carlin monologue on people who ought to be killed? Those are the people who own assault weapons. No one needs one to hunt, or "protect" themselves. A regular rifle, shotgun, or pistol suits those purposes just fine.

"...like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited." It is, "not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever, in any manner whatsoever, and for whatever purpose." One of Scalia's very few pertinent quotes. But alas, I mostly preach to the choir here.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    The only people who own semi-automatic assault weapons (as defined in the 1994-2004 ban bill) are the type of loons who get a rush from shooting them and playing toy soldier. The "gun enthusiasts" from the Carlin monologue on people who ought to be killed? Those are the people who own assault weapons. No one needs one to hunt, or "protect" themselves. A regular rifle, shotgun, or pistol suits those purposes just fine.

"...like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited." It is, "not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever, in any manner whatsoever, and for whatever purpose." One of Scalia's very few pertinent quotes. But alas, I mostly preach to the choir here.
                    There is certainly a percentage of gun owners who are like the ones you envision, but I think the vast, silent majority just likes to shoot. I don’t really view shooting as any different than golf, tennis, skiing, reading, etc. For me and a lot of others it’s just a hobby like any other.

Comment

There is certainly a percentage of gun owners who are like the ones you envision, but I think the vast, silent majority just likes to shoot. I don’t really view shooting as any different than golf, tennis, skiing, reading, etc. For me and a lot of others it’s just a hobby like any other.
                      My 3 iron has made me want to kill before, but I don't think I could take out a classroom full of kids with it.

Comment

Full ban on private ownership of anything semi-auto, no need to limit it to assault weapons.

Comment

And more people died in 9/11 than died here...your point?

So basically we should be able to have assault rifles cause you think they are fun to shoot? That is your big argument. No offense but that is awful. I bet having a nuke would be fun as heck...you want one of them too? Jesus man...
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So basically we should be able to have assault rifles cause you think they are fun to shoot? That is your big argument. No offense but that is awful. I bet having a nuke would be fun as heck...you want one of them too? Jesus man...
                            If I discovered that one of my "rights" that I use for a hobby was being used to slaughter innocent people, I think I could manage to find a different hobby. Read a book or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I was responding to Fade’s post where he disparaged gun owners.

The justification for society owning them is completely different. I think if you look at the bigger picture we are better off having them than not, but I respect those who feel otherwise.

Comment

So like the pursuit of those other activities, why can't they be done in a specialized area? You can go to a gun range and shoot to your hearts content, just leave the gun there when you're finished. Before you respond that people own their golf clubs, tennis rackets, etc. to utilize on the course, court, etc., I'll refer you to burd's post below.
                                Originally posted by burd View Post
                                My 3 iron has made me want to kill before, but I don't think I could take out a classroom full of kids with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X