X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Yeah, that's society changing. It's no longer a fistfight. It's use a gun to settle it. It's the attitude of the people.

Edit: and lack of responsibility of owning a gun.
    How So? Over the last 20 years gun homicides have gone up and down in pretty much the same range from 11k to 13k a year.

Comment

Weird that we used to have an assault style weapons ban about 20 years ago.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Weird that we used to have an assault style weapons ban about 20 years ago.
        One trigger pull, one bang. Just sayin'.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

One trigger pull, one bang. Just sayin'.
          Yeah, no triggers to pull, no bang. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Yeah, pretty much. Guns really haven't changed that much in the last 20 years or so, but our society sure has.

Yeah, that's society changing. It's no longer a fistfight. It's use a gun to settle it. It's the attitude of the people.

Edit: and lack of responsibility of owning a gun.
            Columbine was a fistfight?

20 years ago Wayne LaPierre called for universal background checks. https://youtu.be/M-oqfPojhec

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              Yeah, no triggers to pull, no bang. Just sayin'.
              Banning guns in this country is a lost cause. Too many guns out there already. And this is NOT an island like Australia. Too many smuggling routes. Can't stop human smuggling, you think we can stop guns? Nope. So stop right there.

Attitude change is the best solution, and I have no idea on where to begin with that. I really don't.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Banning guns in this country is a lost cause. Too many guns out there already. And this is NOT an island like Australia. Too many smuggling routes. Can't stop human smuggling, you think we can stop guns? Nope. So stop right there.

Attitude change is the best solution, and I have no idea on where to begin with that. I really don't.
                “Can’t stop it completely so may as well do nothing” should be the first attitude change.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  “Can’t stop it completely so may as well do nothing” should be the first attitude change.
                  Never said that. I HAVE said I want mental health clearances, and gunshow loopholes closed.

Comment

Never said that. I HAVE said I want mental health clearances, and gunshow loopholes closed.
                    Listen Hoekstra...
                    Last edited by jerphisch; 02-14-2018, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      Uh huh. Keep going with whatever agenda and bias that helps you sleep at night.

Comment

But that wall that Mexico is paying for will eliminate all the smuggling, so that's not a problem, right?

We can't stop all traffic fatalities so we shouldn't have any traffic laws.

We can't stop all overdoses so we should do away with all drug laws.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          But that wall that Mexico is paying for will eliminate all the smuggling, so that's not a problem, right?

We can't stop all traffic fatalities so we shouldn't have any traffic laws.

We can't stop all overdoses so we should do away with all drug laws.
                          The Wall is a joke.

And you can stop with the hyperbole.

Comment

The Wall is a joke.

And you can stop with the hyperbole.
                            The point is the hyperbole is on the NRA side.

We need to grow up more to take them on.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              The point is the hyperbole is on the NRA side.

We need to grow up more to take them on.
                              I agree.

Comment

Can’t stop drug smuggling so why bother trying to keep heroin illegal? Or even bother to try reducing heroin overdoses?

I’m pretty sure the US is the source of illegal guns in Mexico

Comment

Working...
                                X