X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Here is what you said
    I'm very skeptical how genuine any of this stuff is. No doubt some kids believe strongly on gun control, but I'd be shocked if Everytown or angry moms or some other group isn't behind it. I read this story last week and think there is probably a lot of truth behind it: http://lancedutson.bangordailynews.c...eally-matters/

So you said you didn’t think it was very genuine and angry moms are behind it.
    I meant the level wasn’t genuine. Clearly there are people who believe strongly in gun control. The level of attention is being driven by corporate(Bloomberg) interests in my humble opinion. Perhaps I’m being way too cynical, but after what we have seen in recent times I doubt it.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I meant the level wasn’t genuine. Clearly there are people who believe strongly in gun control. The level of attention is being driven by corporate(Bloomberg) interests in my humble opinion. Perhaps I’m being way too cynical, but after what we have seen in recent times I doubt it.
      I’d rather hear about this news than watch Fox News stalk the New York woods looking for Hillary or discussing the secret sperm in Obama’s portrait

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
        A good Twitter follow is WellRegulatedMilitia, they run down a number of our daily Freedumb shootings. It's pretty remarkable when you just start to look at what goes on in this country with guns literally Every Single Day.
        Yes, that's a great account. Amazing the number of morons out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
          Cynical? The way continually carry the right's water in your passive manner is anything but cynical. Quite the opposite.

Comment

Trump takes executive action on bump stocks...

It's a start, at least...
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Yeah, banning a device that turns legal(ish) firearms into legit war machines is literally the least they could do and still do something.

Bump stocks weren’t even used in the Florida massacre. It was just a plain ol’ AR15.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I’d rather hear about this news than watch Fox News stalk the New York woods looking for Hillary or discussing the secret sperm in Obama’s portrait
                Well the latter story was frauddy’s source of all news not Fox. But same difference these days.

Comment

Re: the guy who broke his gun: Fine and dandy, however if he is a responsible gun owner (which he seems to be) then THAT gun won't be killing people. Just sayin'.

For the teachers thing, I would expect and hope that they would be responsible, and pass all the background checks (including the increased checks that I have mentioned), and not be trigger happy. If a parent had a concern about an armed teacher, I would expect (actually, I'd require) the teacher to have a sit-down with said parent(s) and discuss the matter.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                    “First they came for the bump stocks, and I did not speak out—
                    Because I did not own a bump stock.”

Already seen that one being used, BTW. The gun-humpers are such victims.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Re: the guy who broke his gun: Fine and dandy, however if he is a responsible gun owner (which he seems to be) then THAT gun won't be killing people. Just sayin'.

For the teachers thing, I would expect and hope that they would be responsible, and pass all the background checks (including the increased checks that I have mentioned), and not be trigger happy. If a parent had a concern about an armed teacher, I would expect (actually, I'd require) the teacher to have a sit-down with said parent(s) and discuss the matter.
                      Cops kill innocent people, and being a cop is their full time job. How on earth do you not think arming teachers would be a disaster?

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        Cops kill innocent people, and being a cop is their full time job. How on earth do you not think arming teachers would be a disaster?

He's not a real deep thinker.

He's got his thoughts and apparently he just goes with em and wears em on his sleeve.

The dangers of free speech.

Thinking back on some of the teachers I had... yeah... they weren't even qualified to teach yet we're going to arm them?

Holy ****bags!

Comment

Yeah, that’s a big **** no on arming some of my teachers. I’m pretty sure half of them would have shot me on principle alone.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

And you are assuming all teachers would be armed. They wouldn't be. Those who would be interested in arming themselves, and taking the necessary requirements and classes to be become an armed individual would be free to do so. As for the school, they would neither require nor ban said teachers from being armed.

There is gray here. It's not black and white. Understand that.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              As for the school, they would neither require nor ban said teachers from being armed.
                              And if you as a teacher don't want to work with a bunch of gun nuts carrying in school hoping they get to be Rambo, you're SOL?
                              Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                                And if you as a teacher don't want to work with a bunch of gun nuts carrying in school hoping they get to be Rambo, you're SOL?
                                Nope.
                                Last I heard, schools are begging for teachers. You can find another place to work, or work to keep or change the school's policy at hand. If a school decides to prohibit armed teachers, I'll back them. I disagree with it, but I'l stand by that decision.

Comment

Working...
                                X