X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Um it is in part the guns fault. He doesn't kill as many people (or maybe anyone) without the gun.

Ignoring the tool used is as foolish as ONLY blaming it. There is no need for people to have AR-15s and the like. It's more than closing loopholes to solve this stuff.

How people can continue to ignore the obvious is beyond me.
    Drunk drivers kill people with cars. We ignore the cars.

My original point is to somehow change attitudes towards the guns. We managed to somewhat do it with tobacco use and drunk driving. Can't we do it with guns? Serious question.

Yes, the obvious is to kill the lobby. That is a grand task. Dunno if we are even able to topple that tower. Get it back to "gun responsibility" and "gun safety" and "don't shoot someone because they stepped on your Pumas."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm so done with NRA talking points. Shove them where the sun don't shine, next to your thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        I'm so done with NRA talking points. Shove them where the sun don't shine, next to your thoughts and prayers.
        I'm fine with that. The last 3 pages were filled with Scooby's snark. That accomplishes nothing.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Scooby may be snarky...but his point is correct. It is stupid and pointless to send out thoughts and prayers anyways (man I feel so much better my father died because some rando on a web site sent thoughts and prayers) but the fact that that is the only thing NRA fellators will say after a bunch of kids die and wont do anything to actually fix the problem makes me sick.

It is time for the pendulum to swing the other way. If America wants to have guns they have to prove they are worthy of it. The rules need to be draconian until people have proven they can be trusted again. As of now they cant.

And please friggin stop with the car analogies. If guns were regulated like cars and gun owners like drivers (and alcohol for that matter) this wouldnt be a problem. Cars are manufactured to be safe, with new technologies created to stop accidents and prevent death. When car manufacturers put out unsafe products they get in trouble. Gun makers sure dont. Guns are manufactured to fire more bullets efficiently. Cars are used for transportation...guns are used to create damage.
          Last edited by Handyman; 02-15-2018, 11:59 PM.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I agree with the safety things, hence my note about owner only permissions. But Scooby posting every 20 seconds "T and P" we GET IT. ENOUGH. It's not productive. It serves no purpose.

Comment

“Kids started eating Tide Pods. So stores started locking them up, making them harder to obtain, even though overall people use laundry detergent responsibly. That’s all I want with guns. When something becomes a problem you make adjustments to prevent as much harm as possible.”

Interesting....
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Drunk drivers kill people with cars. We ignore the cars.
                No, we don't. You want to treat guns the same as cars, that'd be a great starting point. Annual registration, mandatory insurance, a license with testing, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  No, we don't. You want to treat guns the same as cars, that'd be a great starting point. Annual registration, mandatory insurance, a license with testing, etc.
                  I don't need any of that stuff to own a car

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    I agree with the safety things, hence my note about owner only permissions. But Scooby posting every 20 seconds "T and P" we GET IT. ENOUGH. It's not productive. It serves no purpose.
                    Hit a little too close to home, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      I don't need any of that stuff to own a car

You do to use it in public.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        You do to use it in public.
                        Legally maybe but there are plenty of uninsured, unlicensed unregistered vehicles on road.

I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Everyone likes to say "We need stronger mental health!!!" and then votes for the party who routinely makes cuts to healthcare, whose cuts to healthcare generally hit mental health funding first, and the party follows a president whose first few actions as president was to strip one of the few mental health checkpoints in owning a gun and who himself bragged about shooting people in the middle of Fifth Ave.

If you seriously care about mental health, don't vote republican.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Everyone likes to say "We need stronger mental health!!!" and then votes for the party who routinely makes cuts to healthcare, whose cuts to healthcare generally hit mental health funding first, and the party follows a president whose first few actions as president was to strip one of the few mental health checkpoints in owning a gun and who himself bragged about shooting people in the middle of Fifth Ave.

If you seriously care about mental health, don't vote republican.
                            Yeah. Pretty much.

Until a crazy, mentally ill person that is able to purchase an assault rifle with ease manages to get into the Capitol and shoot members of Congress, nothing will be done.

Comment

That’s what happened to Steve Scalise.

He came out against gun control yesterday.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Yes, the obvious is to kill the lobby. That is a grand task. Dunno if we are even able to topple that tower. Get it back to "gun responsibility" and "gun safety" and "don't shoot someone because they stepped on your Pumas."
                                A start is to have a pledge: "I will never take corporate money and I will work for statutes, judges, and if needed a Constitutional amendment that expose corporate political donations as illegal bribery, punishable by civil fines and prison sentences."

Step 1: restrict all political donations to individual voters with complete transparency, one-to-one to specific candidates. The only entity that may contribute is a registered voter eligible to vote for that candidate in that election.

Step 2: limit the sum of annual individual donations for each person to 10% of the median US personal income.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 02-16-2018, 07:32 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X