X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ould-help.html

Nothing can be done, right Brent and Flag?

Comment

• Originally posted by dave122793 View Post
      If he's got the money to buy one then there's not much to stop him, family or no family. That's just the way it is. Like you said, nothing we can do.
      I think the word is "No". If the child takes "No" as "Yes", then there must be reinforcement of what "No" means.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Here's the Wiki account of the Texas Tower shooting, 57 years ago.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univ...tower_shooting

Note that the natives were laying covering fire on the tower and Whitman used hunting rifles.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFII41XSNVM

Comment

Many of the same people sending "thoughts and prayers" say there is nothing we can do.

Nice of them to admit thoughts and prayers accomplish nothing.

Comment

I seriously think every NRA executive and lobbyist should be locked up in gitmo for radicalizing half the white males in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                I seriously think every NRA executive and lobbyist should be locked up in gitmo for radicalizing half the white males in this country.
                I'd be okay with that.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  I'm just gonna assume this is your usual link to some angry broflake with 20,000 YouTube followers (half of whom are fake), bellowing about how this is a false flag op arranged by Democrats and Soros to push the gun control agenda.

Comment

Hey look, the NRA might be in on the whole Russia thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Since we've got 2A, there's only one way this ends, and it's with military-like police presence in public schools. I'm sure that will foster a terrific learning environment.
                      Or bolster recruiting
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

What we should do is arm teachers and have cops in every school. That'll solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          What we should do is arm teachers and have cops in every school. That'll solve the problem.
                          Again: attitudes towards guns. I NEVER would have thought to grab a gun at that age. Nope. No way.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Cops had been to the dudes house 39x since 2010 (per cnn)
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Cops had been to the dudes house 39x since 2010 (per cnn)
                              But it's the gun's fault.

Mental health checks.
                              Close the loopholes.

I'd be open to owner-only firing options on weapons.
                              Definitely open to taking away owners' right to own if they mess up.

And again, "BANZ THE GUNZ" is not an option. It's not feasible at this point in time without a major military operation, which would probably unleash a massive counter-resistence, and well, it wouldn't be good.

Comment

Um it is in part the guns fault. He doesn't kill as many people (or maybe anyone) without the gun.

Ignoring the tool used is as foolish as ONLY blaming it. There is no need for people to have AR-15s and the like. It's more than closing loopholes to solve this stuff.

How people can continue to ignore the obvious is beyond me.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X