X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    That's why I specified additional training, to weed out the ones with PTSD and such. Plus, with my previous mentions of limitations on people with mental illness getting guns (which PTSD would most certainly fall under)....
    It requires more than training...the amount of background checks and mental exams alone will cost a fortune. And even that wont find all of the damaged ones. (sometimes it doesnt hit for years after)

And also, all you are going to do is back up the claim by the fringe that we are a police state. You are going to make the paranoid and scared more paranoid and scared and that will create more of this.

Politically speaking it is a great idea, employ Vets who need it and let them use their weapons training to do things the right way. The logistics is a nightmare though.

We need to be training staff how to save the most lives. During fire drills we dont have teachers out fighting the fire they are getting the students to safety. Same here. At my college we have active shooter drills every semester...teachers get everyone in the room, lock the door and hide. Every school should do this.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Mine took a year or two after college to teach for Teach America or similar program in a poverty and crime burdened district in Nola. From what she described, bringing more guns into that environment would have been insane.
      My gf and one of my best friends teach/taught in districts like that. GF currently teaches at risk kids in treatment with mental health issues on top of it. I would fear for them every day if this came to fruition. Thankfully the GF would quit on the spot if they even asked her to let alone if Minnesota passed a law. If I had kids they would never go to a school where guns were held by teachers or administrators.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I’m sure we can all agree that if the kid went in with a .357 and only killed five people it wouldn’t have been a big deal.
        5 is better than 17 you epic waste of carbon.
        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          The father I referenced below says his daughter wasn't shot. She was hunted down. Shot in the back in a spray of semi-automatic gunfire. If it had been a pistol instead 12 lives may have been saved, and 12 families may be able to sleep together. He and his wife visit the grave every morning now. Their daughter, he said, was the comic relief in the house. Every family has that person or person who are the outlet for tension. She's gone because we sold a lost human being an Assault Weapon designed solely for killing people fast. Very fast.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            I'm pretty sure all guns are manufactured with a serial number on them, and I'd also hazard a guess that any crime committed with a gun right now, whether a person has a gun license or insurance or whatever, is probably already a felony in most places.

But I don't have a problem with gun licenses/permits, or an insurance requirement.
            Many homeowners insurance companies and umbrella policies require you to divulge the number of firearms you own. I know Amica won't insure you if you have too many firearms. I know a pay a slightly higher rate because I own a shotgun.

You do have to be careful that insurance doesn't become a defacto ban. Kind of like how states are getting into trouble because they put too many restrictions on abortions or make it cost prohibitive. That's a defacto infringement and should be very carefully applied.
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-22-2018, 10:15 AM.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              1. A far right fascistic media that has been spreading fear and hatred for thirty years.

2. Our slide into corporate feudalism in which profits outrank life and lobbies like the NRA own Congress.

3. The grave imbalance in passion among left and right voters. The best lack all conviction while the worst are full of passionate intensity.

4. The damage of thirty years of Republican political malfeasance: perpetual war, an explosion of inequality, mass hopelessness, and resentment born of insecurity.
              That doesnt work cause I read last night most mass shooters are Democrats. Obviously this is because they dont believe hard enough in God.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

First off, that's still aassault and a crime, and not just "boys will be boys". I don't care if they could've gotten away with it 50 years ago with a slap on the wrist.

You can't unopen Pandora's box. If you notice, most school shooters haven't exactly been beefed up members of the football team. They aren't going to win a fistfight, and you expect them to choose that option?

Let me guess, you think soldiers should still line up in open fields across from one another while the gentry have picnics up on the hills and watch. Because that was more civilized warfare.
                My only point was that i didnt have a fear of dying by going to class. But you know, read way more into it.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  That doesnt work cause I read last night most mass shooters are Democrats. Obviously this is because they dont believe hard enough in God.
                  That's right. Maybe the right should just use the AK47's and the AR15's to eliminate the Democrats. Problem solved.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

First off, that's still aassault and a crime, and not just "boys will be boys". I don't care if they could've gotten away with it 50 years ago with a slap on the wrist.

You can't unopen Pandora's box. If you notice, most school shooters haven't exactly been beefed up members of the football team. They aren't going to win a fistfight, and you expect them to choose that option?

Let me guess, you think soldiers should still line up in open fields across from one another while the gentry have picnics up on the hills and watch. Because that was more civilized warfare.
                    I think all he was doing was talking about how things have changed since he was in school. You might want to dial it down a notch.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      The father I referenced below says his daughter wasn't shot. She was hunted down. Shot in the back in a spray of semi-automatic gunfire. If it had been a pistol instead 12 lives may have been saved, and 12 families may be able to sleep together. He and his wife visit the grave every morning now. Their daughter, he said, was the comic relief in the house. Every family has that person or person who are the outlet for tension. She's gone because we sold a lost human being an Assault Weapon designed solely for killing people fast. Very fast.
                      I heard some video of the shooting...no hand gun sounded so awful.

The solution of course is more guns. Teachers firing back wont put anyone else at risk. More bullets = more safety! Just like if everyone has nukes the world is a safer place!
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        I’ll remember this next time five innocent people get killed. Every life is important as far as I’m concerned.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I’ll remember this next time five innocent people get killed. Every life is important as far as I’m concerned.
                          Let us know when you have the "No More Murder in the US" solution in place. We all want to hear it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                            Apparently those 12 aren't, since you don't agree with taking steps to save them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Let us know when you have the "No More Murder in the US" solution in place. We all want to hear it.
                              We need a society where people are more respecting and caring of one another. Until that happens don’t be surprised if we see more incidents like what happened in Florida. Fear and paranoia aren’t going to cure our ills.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

You are right I value you no life. You caught me!!

Then again I am not the one who doesnt want to ban assault weapons because "they are fun to shoot" and I am not the one who repeated conspiracy theories about the survivors and their parents being pressured into speaking out so what do I know.

You claim to value you life, yet you want to do literally nothing to protect it even at the basest level. All so you can have your little toy and pretend you are a true American hero or something. I contend you value nothing. You certainly dont value the Bill of Rights outside of #2.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X