This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

You're expecting millions of parents across the country to be okay with teachers carrying guns in the classroom?

lulz

Seriously... You need to stop thinking out loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Yeah, that’s a big **** no on arming some of my teachers. I’m pretty sure half of them would have shot me on principle alone.
      This isn’t directed at Brent or what he’s saying. In general, some of the things I’m hearing from conservatives (metal detectors, armed teachers, etc) are making schools sound like prisons.
      Prisons are probably better funded with better meals and healthcare though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        You're expecting millions of parents across the country to be okay with teachers carrying guns in the classroom?

lulz

Seriously... You need to stop thinking out loud.
        Maybe, maybe not. I don't know.

I'd rather have police on school grounds, and we know people have a problem with that, because police are bad and racist. What we have is not working. We are now tossing out possible ideas that may or may not work. So saying "stop thinking out loud" is the exact OPPOSITE of what we need to be doing. There might be 90% of bad ideas, but one might just be crazy enough to work.

I might disagree on an idea, but I'll hear it out. I won't say "stop thinking." (Well, except for Flaggy).
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          This isn’t directed at Brent or what he’s saying. In general, some of the things I’m hearing from conservatives (metal detectors, armed teachers, etc) are making schools sound like prisons.
          Turning schools to prison or handing out guns to teachers is preferable to any change that might mean you have to wait longer or pay more to purchase a gun. And imagine the horror of your favorite ***** extension, the AR-15, being banned.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            If a school decides to prohibit armed teachers, I'll back them.
            So when you said schools would neither require nor prohibit armed teachers, you really meant schools could prohibit armed teachers?

Ok...

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              So when you said schools would neither require nor prohibit armed teachers, you really meant schools could prohibit armed teachers?

Ok...
              That was my idea. My plan would be to allow teachers to arm themselves if they wish. I'm not in the camp of requiring nor prohibiting armed teachers. However, IF the school said "no guns," I would back the school.

Edit: if the school said "You must be armed." I would not support that.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I heard a similar thing mentioned on the radio today. It’s impossible to protect schools like this. The cost would be in the tens or hundreds of billions. The Florida school had an armed liaison officer. But it was the size of a small college campus.

We don’t have the cash at the federal, much less state or local levels, to fund this insanity.

I say, if you want your teachers to be armed, home school your kids like all the fundie nutjobs.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I heard a similar thing mentioned on the radio today. It’s impooubkr to protect schools like this. The cost would be in the tens or hundreds of billions. The Florida school had an armed liaison officer. But it was the size of a small college campus.

We don’t have the cash at the federal, much less state or local levels, to fund this insanity.

I say, if you want your teachers to be armed, home school your kids like all the fundie nutjobs.
                  Added: or the uber libbie nut jobs.

Fair play on that. Yes, I knew some home schoolers.

Comment

Huh?
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Huh?
                      Hippie Generation type folks. Don't want to be part of the system. It's not just fundies that hate the system. Just sayin'.

Comment

I abdicate my title of “King of the non-sequitur” to you.
                        Code:

Comment

I abdicate my title of “King of the non-sequitur” to you.
                          Keep being you and dismissing anything that is not lock and step with what you believe.

Comment

If teachers could carry guns, you can't go all out with requirements. It'd never pass. So you go step by step. Don't prohibit, don't require. See how that goes. IF it works then up the qualification requirements to carry if you have that job. I'm fine with that. Still would never require to carry, but would make it tougher to do so. We really have to start thinking in different ways, since our culture sure isn't changing.

Comment

No district in any suburb would survive the backlash. The inner city would be a war zone...

Speaking of bad ideas: The Apple Doesnt Fall Far

Donald Trump Jr. “liked” a pair of tweets attacking a teen survivor of the mass school shooting in Florida that left 17 people dead — including one that suggests the boy was a fabrication of the “mainstream media.”

The tweets in question note that David Hogg, 17, is the son of a retired FBI agent, and charge that he has slammed President Trump and defended the bureau because Trump has repeatedly slimed the feds.

“@Thomas1774Paine. VIDEO: Outspoken Trump-Hating School Shooting Survivor is Son of FBI Agent; MSM Helps Prop Up Incompetent Bureau,” tweeted a user called Thomas Paine, who added a link to a video on the fringe website True Pundit showing Hogg speaking in favor of stricter gun control.

“The kid who has been running his mouth about how Donald Trump and the GOP are teaming to help murder high school kids by upholding the Second Amendment is the son of an FBI agent. David Hogg is a school shooting survivor in Florida. At least that is what the mainstream media has told us. We wouldn’t be surprised by anything involving the FBI at this point,” a story accompanying the video link said.

“If Hogg knew the shooter would snap — as he and other students have professed — perhaps he could have told his father about it. Oh but wait, his father was in the FBI. It would not have mattered anyway. That’s the funny thing about the limelight, kid. Often the lights can come crashing down on your head,” the story continued.

The second tweet the first son “liked” came from Graham Ledger, who hosts a right-wing radio show.

“@GrahamLedger: Could it be that this student is running cover for his dad who Works as an FBI agent at the Miami field office Which botched tracking down the Man behind the Valentine day massacre? Just wondering. Just connecting some dots,” he tweeted in a message that was retweeted by One America News, a conservative news network, and others.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

People on twitter are going after Simon and Schuester and the organizers of D'Souza's upcoming speech because of his comments about the Parkland Shooting.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X