This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I wouldnt touch that school with a ten foot pole. I am sorry but teachers dont need guns and it creates way more issues than it could ever solve. Plus it wont stop any of this anyways...in fact I would bet it would only make it worse. That district would crap the bed too because every parent with means would pull their kid out.

I can just see it now, active shooter and Teacher A decides to be Rambo and tries to go after him...the amount of fatalities would double.

One of the worst ideas ever. I would fear the teachers more than I ever would a school shooting.
    Insurance and potential settlements could bankrupt school districts and municipalities
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      One of the worst ideas ever. I would fear the teachers more than I ever would a school shooting.
      Both my parents were teachers. My sister is a teacher. The idea of arming them is ridiculous. They wanted to be teachers, not law enforcement.

Second, you already have trained police officers shooting unarmed people. It would only be a matter of time before some trigger happy gun nut teacher kills some kid without cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
        The "good guy with a gun" myth has taken hold with a large portion of society, even among people who are not normally gung-ho when it comes to guns and the NRA.

Like most of the narratives the NRA would have you believe, the "good guy with a gun" is a wildly inaccurate fantasy. One study by the RAND corporation showed that over a nearly 10-year period, New York City police officers missed their targets the vast majority of the time. The hit rate was just 30% when the suspect was NOT returning fire, and an astoundingly minuscule 18% of the time if the suspect WAS returning fire. How many people out there think the average citizen would be any better than a supposedly "highly trained" cop?

Of course this is based on empirical data and a highly organized, scientific study. Which means today's NRA member and 95% of the republican party would judge it as dubious as best, and likely fake.
        Cause cops are fat doughnut eatin pu$$ies?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          Cause cops are fat doughnut eatin pu$$ies?
          We'd be better off if that was true. There are far more cops suffering from weight room fatigue and 'roid rage than the ones who see a dozen glazed as a small mid-shift snack.

Comment

Insurance and potential settlements could bankrupt school districts and municipalities
            So we should double down and put more weapons in schools? You have any idea how much the insurance will skyrocket WITHOUT an incident just cause the potential went up exponentially? mookie even if you are trolling that was a weaksauce effort.

Here is why this whole thing is a bad idea, it will take less than two years before a teacher "fears for their life" in a bad neighborhood and shoots a student.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Here is why this whole thing is a bad idea, it will take less than two years before a teacher "fears for their life" in a bad neighborhood and shoots a student.
              Or another teacher also keen on playing Rambo, when they startle each other coming around a corner looking for the shooter during an active incident.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                So we should double down and put more weapons in schools? You have any idea how much the insurance will skyrocket WITHOUT an incident just cause the potential went up exponentially? mookie even if you are trolling that was a weaksauce effort.

Mookie was friggin’ making your point!!

Comment

Mookie was friggin’ making your point!!
                  Oh...well then you are a genius!
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Perhaps all involved in this thread should read "Behold a Pale Horse" by Milton William Cooper.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Perhaps all involved in this thread should read "Behold a Pale Horse" by Milton William Cooper.
                      Better yet all involved in this thread should read Pale Horse Coming. Great story even if you don't have a gun fetish, but if you do you might have to hide this book under your bed for later.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

At a loss for words.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...ts_in_missouri
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• I've also seen violent video games, "being soft on discipline," and abortion blamed.

Soft on discipline just means we can't beat the **** out of kids anymore.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                            Tyler Tannahill, a Republican congressional candidate from Kansas, also drew criticism this past week for offering an AR-15 giveaway as part of his campaign.
                            The best part.

Basically when you buy an AR-15 your compensating for something. That's the only explanation.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Drew hates this...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                                Anyone who thinks the latest school shooting changed minds is fooling themselves. While I love the spirit and resolve of the teenagers in Florida and elsewhere who are vowing to make change happen, I also feel sorry for them. They are about to discover that politicians of all stripes are even more cowardly than all but the most pessimistic among us already know and believe. This isn't the 1960s anymore when there were still enough people in power who could be moved by something other than a campaign check when young people mobilized. Before these brave, open minded and hopeful high school students can complete their March 14th protests all over the country, there will be probably be another mass shooting, maybe even at another school. We don't do it with explosive vests strapped to our chests and under some horribly twisted notion of religion like in far too many other places but we're every bit like those parts of the world where simply going to the market on any given afternoon might leave dozens of us dead. I weep for the innocent lives shattered. It's too bad these killings go on and on and on and on. Perhaps if one happens within the halls of congress, and the dozens dead include nothing but the cowards currently in office, something will finally change. Short of that, nothing really will. This has become our way of life and the price we pay for our "freedom."

Comment

Working...
                                X