X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 0 Days Since Last Shooting: Reset The Calendar Again

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    No. Its a 10 member firm where everyone is buddy buddy. And while strong in many ways, the president is socially weak. He wouldn't stop him...but he also wouldn't stand up to me for saying something either.

It just serves zero purpose except to raise unnecessary risk and be super disrespectful to others.
    Without that policy, I think your hands are tied.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Without that policy, I think your hands are tied.
      Yes and no. The world is about force...and its about messages. Bad policies/activities frequently occur because nobody says anything and/or does not apply consequences however minor.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Yes and no. The world is about force...and its about messages. Bad policies/activities frequently occur because nobody says anything and/or does not apply consequences however minor.
        I like Kepler's plan. Arm the children (basically everybody). Problem solved.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

When a coworker who doesn't come into the office frequently left yesterday, he happened to mention that he had a concealed weapon to the company's president. This in Eden Prairie. The president looked at him like 'you're kidding, right?'. I will tell the president next time to let me know when he's coming in...so I can leave. I see no reason to put my (anyone's) life at risk for the guy's dangerous/pointless/selfish statement.
          You must work off 394....

I work with quite a few people who have CC permits. Can't say I've spent a single minute worrying if they are currently carrying or not.
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            I work with quite a few people who have CC permits. Can't say I've spent a single minute worrying if they are currently carrying or not.
            People get screwed by others all the time and don't really care. So that doesn't really surprise. You may have no problem putting yourself at increased risk...but shouldn't assume that others automatically feel the same.

"Firearms were the cause of about one-tenth of workplace fatalities in 2015, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics."

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...gsF8YUfaR7IsN/
            Go Gophers!

Comment

When a coworker who doesn't come into the office frequently left yesterday, he happened to mention that he had a concealed weapon to the company's president. This in Eden Prairie. The president looked at him like 'you're kidding, right?'. I will tell the president next time to let me know when he's coming in...so I can leave. I see no reason to put my (anyone's) life at risk for the guy's dangerous/pointless/selfish statement.
              Minnesota is a "post or request" state.

That means if it's posted "no guns" on the door of a private organization a valid conceal carry license doesn't apply (private property). By that same token, if your are asked to leave private property by the owner/operator even if you have a valid carry permit you must leave.

Signed,
              A ND conceal carry permit holder with full MN reciprocity
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

People get screwed by others all the time and don't really care. So that doesn't really surprise. You may have no problem putting yourself at increased risk...but shouldn't assume that others automatically feel the same.
                Are you comfortable around police?

Concealed-handgun permit holders are also much more law-abiding than the rest of the population. In fact, they are convicted at an even lower rate than police officers. According to a study in Police Quarterly, from 2005 to 2007, police committed 703 crimes annually on average. Of those, there were 113 firearms violations on average. This is likely to be an underestimate, since not all police crimes receive media coverage.

Concealed-handgun permit holders are much more law-abiding than the rest of the population. With 683,396 full-time law-enforcement employees nationwide in 2006, we can infer that there were about 102 crimes by police per 100,000 officers. Among the U.S. population as a whole, the crime rate was 37 times higher than the police crime rate over those years — 3,813 per 100,000 people.

Now let’s look at permit holders. Between October 1, 1987, and January 31, 2015, Florida revoked 9,366 concealed-handgun permits for misdemeanor or felony offenses. This is an annual rate of 12.5 crimes per 100,000 permit holders — a mere eighth of the crime rate among officers.

In Texas, 108 permit holders were convicted of misdemeanors or felonies in 2015 — the last year for which data are available. This is a rate of 10.8 per 100,000, scarcely more than a tenth of the rate for police.

Among police, firearms violations occur at a rate of 6.9 per 100,000 officers. For Florida permit holders, the rate is only 0.31 per 100,000. Most of these violations were trivial offenses, such as forgetting one’s permit. The data are similar in other states.
                Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...bers-are-bogus

Folks with a legal concealed carry permit are the (wait for it) law abiding types.

Worry about the folks that are carrying with disregard for the law.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  Folks with a legal concealed carry permit are the (wait for it) law abiding types.

I believe the Las Vegas shooter had a legal concealed carry permit.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Minnesota is a "post or request" state.

That means if it's posted "no guns" on the door of a private organization a valid conceal carry license doesn't apply (private property). By that same token, if your are asked to leave private property by the owner/operator even if you have a valid carry permit you must leave.

Signed,
                    A ND conceal carry permit holder with full MN reciprocity
                    What he said. So if you decide you don't want to be at your job because someone's carrying, you might as well start looking for a new job.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Are you comfortable around police?

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...bers-are-bogus

That is a interesting stat...that I didn't know. The presence of a gun still greatly increases the danger of accidents, homicide deaths and suicides:

https://www.minnpost.com/second-opin...aving-gun-home
                      https://academic.oup.com/aje/article/160/10/929/140858
                      https://www.newscientist.com/article...ot-and-killed/

Branas’s study found that people who carried guns were 4.5 times as likely to be shot and 4.2 times as likely to get killed compared with unarmed citizens.

What he said. So if you decide you don't want to be at your job because someone's carrying, you might as well start looking for a new job.
                      I will have my 'job' as long as I want it.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Guns at work, guns in school, guns in church - guns everywhere, without a single thought as to time, place, or purpose (other than, "Because muh secund amendmunt rights!!1!1"). It's the NRA way, and it's one of many reasons why I'd never live in Texas.
                        Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 01-25-2018, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Guns at work, guns in school, guns in church - guns everywhere, without a single thought as to time, place, or purpose. It's the NRA way, and it's one of many reasons why I'd never live in Texas.
                          Ah, but if there IS a no weapons policy, and the person with the C&C (or whatever) continues to bring the weapon to the workplace, THAT is the person that will have to be looking for another job.

We have a no weapons policy at my workplace (main building). Have had discussions on it, etc.

Comment

We have a no weapons policy at my workplace (main building). Have had discussions on it, etc.
                            As do most sane employers whose line of business doesn't involve chasing criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              As do most sane employers whose line of business doesn't involve chasing criminals.
                              It's mostly because of possible liability issues. And as Sicatoka said, if I have a C&C, and am armed, until they find out and ask me to leave my weapon or leave the premises, I can carry my weapon onto those premises. I wouldn't, but I could.

Comment

It's mostly because of possible liability issues. And as Sicatoka said, if I have a C&C, and am armed, until they find out and ask me to leave my weapon or leave the premises, I can carry my weapon onto those premises. I wouldn't, but I could.
                                That doesn't others have yo feel comfortable about it.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X