Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Congressman John Conyers on line one for you Scoob.
    Conyers needs to resign.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Conyers needs to resign.
      He's 88. There may be a biological solution.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        No excuse for the White Christian Male population.
        I don't think anyone here said it was.

My vote for most likely to be a female harassing a male is school teacher/student situation.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          He's probably on his unsecured Blackberry*. Make him call back on the secure line.

*Does he still have that POS?
          All his Tweets are stamped "Twitter for Android."
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

No excuse for the White Christian Male population.
            By the way, this really helps recruit people to our side.

"Good morning, I'm canvassing for Joe Blow for Congress. And did I mention that all white Christian males suck?"

Leave that idiocy to Kos, please.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              By the way, this really helps recruit people to our side.

"Good morning, I'm canvassing for Joe Blow for Congress. And did I mention that all white Christian males suck?"

Leave that idiocy to Kos, please.
              Yet over and over and over again the false equivalency is the story. And that gets who on who's side exactly?
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Conyers needs to resign.
                So does Franken. In fact the liberal Twin Cities newspaper editorial this week was not supportive of him at all. Called his apology a non-apology which it basically was because Franken says he never did what he did. And maybe he didn't? But, it doesn't matter at this point. The pitchforks are out and men are reaping what they have sewn.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So does Franken. In fact the liberal Twin Cities newspaper editorial this week was not supportive of him at all. Called his apology a non-apology which it basically was because Franken says he never did what he did. And maybe he didn't? But, it doesn't matter at this point. The pitchforks are out and men are reaping what they have sewn.
                  So you are saying he should have apologized even if he didnt do it? (I am not saying whether he did or didnt) That would be ridiculous and open him up to all sorts of other issues.

Franken shouldnt resign unless the Ethics Investigation says he should. It isnt like Republicans are resigning en masse over this stuff and you now want the Democrats to do it? That is the exact wrong thing to do and pretty much goes against all your whining about the way Liberals act.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Matt Lauer fired? I win perv pool

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      So you are saying he should have apologized even if he didnt do it? (I am not saying whether he did or didnt) That would be ridiculous and open him up to all sorts of other issues.

Franken shouldnt resign unless the Ethics Investigation says he should. It isnt like Republicans are resigning en masse over this stuff and you now want the Democrats to do it? That is the exact wrong thing to do and pretty much goes against all your whining about the way Liberals act.
                      I have no idea. But having a Senator that has zero credibility in your State or Congress is not a good thing. And that's what happens when this happens to Democrats. When you're the party of fake news and lying *****es you can ride it out.

Comment

Anybody be it Roy Moore if he's elected, Franken, Conyers, Barton, etc has the right to go through an Ethics Investigation if they'd like before they give up their seat or get kicked out. However at this point its my opinion that they all should resign from what we know now. Yes Franken is a tough one and if it was just the 1st one who accepted his apology but it seems like we're hearing more and more stories. Again, its his right to wait for the Ethics Committee but I don't see that ending well.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Yet over and over and over again the false equivalency is the story. And that gets who on who's side exactly?
                          I have no idea what you are getting at, or even what you mean. Honestly.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If everyone was resigning over it I would agree with you guys. As it is we elected a President who has (allegedly) done way worse and are electing a Pedophile to the Senate out of Alabama. In the real world Franken resigning is not top priority in my mind and if the Liberals seriously push for it (without the Ethics Committee suggesting it) they are going to cause way more issues for themselves down the line than they will solve.

Franken will get his in due time...but you dont cut off your nose to spite your face.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              Anybody be it Roy Moore if he's elected, Franken, Conyers, Barton, etc has the right to go through an Ethics Investigation if they'd like before they give up their seat or get kicked out. However at this point its my opinion that they all should resign from what we know now. Yes Franken is a tough one and if it was just the 1st one who accepted his apology but it seems like we're hearing more and more stories. Again, its his right to wait for the Ethics Committee but I don't see that ending well.
                              I think the right thing to do is the ethics investigation if it is unbiased. Unfortunately, any investigation run by this Congress is bound to just be a yapping, feral Republican show trial.

Franken should stick it out. Conyers should have been gone last week.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                I think the right thing to do is the ethics investigation if it is unbiased. Unfortunately, any investigation run by this Congress is bound to just be a yapping, feral Republican show trial.

Franken should stick it out. Conyers should have been gone last week.
                                Ethics investigations are ridiculous for situations like Frankens, and most other instances where they are used. The accusations don't involve his job as a Senator. If he's accused of taking a bribe from a foreign government, do an ethics investigation. If he's accused of grabbing a woman on a USO tour, let the citizens of Minnesota decide whether to kick him out.

The only value of ethics investigations is they are a shiny penny that distracts Congress away from actions that can cause us real harm.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X