Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Progress, yeah! The point I made in the original post was that if victim 1 of let's say 20 stepped forward, perhaps the other 19 assaults would not have happened. It's as simple as that.
    You’re not wrong, but you’re also ignoring the other 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the problem.

I would start by reading this article: https://jezebel.com/a-running-list-o...ons-1819980057

And the associated New York Times article.

Ever since the Cosby case, Taylor Swift coming forward, and Weinstein’s accusers telling their story, we’re starting to see a change in society. Before these cases, women were terrified to come forward. They still are. But we are taking steps in the right direction.

If I can get you to stop saying what you’ve been saying, it’s a massive step in the right direction. It’s not the victim’s fault. Just reply to this post with only the words:

It’s not the victim’s fault.

No buts, no what ifs, nothing else.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I never said reporting was easy or effective, but isn't ignoring it worse? So what is the answer? All I think we all want are solutions to the problem.
      The solution is getting women in power positions and for non-effected men like yourself to blame the people who are responsible.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I agree 100%.......but if the victims don't come forward, how does this happen?
        Simple. Men need to step up and not tolerate other men who do these things. We need to start ratting out the bad seeds.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
          simple. Men need to step up and not tolerate other men who do these things. We need to start ratting out the bad seeds.
          bingo!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Simple. Men need to step up and not tolerate other men who do these things. We need to start ratting out the bad seeds.
            And we need to start giving accusers the initial benefit of the doubt in he said / she said situations. Not in a courtroom, but in society. Predators rely on the 1001 cultural narratives we have built up for why a woman would lie about being assaulted. We have to break away from going to them as the default and ask ourselves "why would a woman expose herself to all the garbage that an accuser goes through unless she was a real victim?" Our first reaction to someone reporting a house break-in is not to doubt him.

To me that is the biggest shift in culture, and it has to come from everyone, man and women. We have all been raised in a misogynistic, patriarchal culture. We all have been brainwashed. We all have to break out of this prison together.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Another good start? A commander in chief who doesn’t call women liars after we all hear him talking about women like pieces of garbage. A commander in chief who doesn’t talk about women like they’re garbage, period.
              A commander in chief who doesn’t tweet sexual BS like he did with a female senator today.
              Lofty goal, I know, but he’s empowering men to treat all these women like ****. Just go read some of the comments on the star tribune posts on these articles. Man after man saying the women want money or fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Lofty goal, I know, but he’s empowering men to treat all these women like ****. Just go read some of the comments on the star tribune posts on these articles. Man after man saying the women want money or fame.
                And on other sites at least, woman after woman. Sexism is lethal to all across the gender spectrum. Women also absorb it and it becomes their worldview. So, accusers must have invited the attention, or are seeking attention by making accusations, or it's a shakedown or they are being put up to it for political purposes.

The same thing happened with the apologists for Bill Clinton and Clarence Thomas. Predators have the full weight of a brutally sexist world behind them. Dump's entire persona is a celebration of that brutality. And, as somebody keeps reminding us, 53% of white women voted for him and endorsed it.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  And on other sites at least, woman after woman. Sexism is lethal to all across the gender spectrum. Women also absorb it and it becomes their worldview. So, accusers must have invited the attention, or are seeking attention by making accusations, or it's a shakedown or they are being put up to it for political purposes.

The same thing happened with the apologists for Bill Clinton and Clarence Thomas. Predators have the full weight of a brutally sexist world behind them. Dump's entire persona is a celebration of that brutality. And, as somebody keeps reminding us, 53% of white women voted for him and endorsed it.
                  Yes I def should have included women.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Another good start? A commander in chief who doesn’t call women liars after we all hear him talking about women like pieces of garbage. A commander in chief who doesn’t talk about women like they’re garbage, period.
                    A commander in chief who doesn’t tweet sexual BS like he did with a female senator today.
                    That is a lost cause. Forget any tailwind from the potus
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      That is a lost cause. Forget any tailwind from the potus
                      The point isn't to change Dump. The point is to dump Dump.

Not that Pence with his beady-eyed narrow-minded sexist Christibanism will be any different.

While this type of sexism is a problem for our whole culture, the GOP is deeply rooted in it. As with racism, they have adopted it and gloried in it, and there will be hell to pay.
                      Cornell University

Comment

The point isn't to change Dump. The point is to dump Dump.

Not that Pence with his beady-eyed narrow-minded sexist Christibanism will be any different.

While this type of sexism is a problem for our whole culture, the GOP is deeply rooted in it. As with racism, they have adopted it and gloried in it, and there will be hell to pay.
                        If y’all wait 7 yrs yer f’ed

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          If y’all wait 7 yrs yer f’ed
                          If the alternative is changing him... you get the picture.
                          Cornell University

Comment

If the alternative is changing him... you get the picture.
                            Better to hope for martians to land and take him out

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              The solution is getting women in power positions and for non-effected men like yourself to blame the people who are responsible.
                              I cannot make a difference if I don't know what is going on. If someone I support or am a fan of or use their products is found to be responsible for such poor behavior, then I can make a difference. I can speak out against them, I can not buy their products or use their services.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Not if anyone doesn't speak up about it.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X