Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I'm glad to see we as residents of the US of A are all tolerant of people's beliefs even if we don't agree. In the past I have never tried to convert or convince anyone that my beliefs are better than anyone else's. I have simply stated what I believe and had some interesting but generally not condescending discussions with posters who want to discuss differences as a point of interest. I've been out of the café for many months and I see it has splintered into intolerance just as the country has. That is sad.
    America is lost. We should have let the South go, and let Brigham Young have his polygamous Kingdom of Deseret.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      let Brigham Young have his polygamous Kingdom of Deseret.
      I mean, let's be serious.

We did.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I agree 100%.......but if the victims don't come forward, how does this happen?
        You change the culture to one of support for the victims, not one of blame. We all need to be DGF's strong female manager that helped her come forward.

You're right that we need them to come forward to know what is happening, but we need to make it easier. The more support they know they have, the easier it will be for them, and the more likely we can put a stop to it. But, it starts with us, not them.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I mean, let's be serious.

We did.
          Not really. Salt Lake City is the cheap man's Denver, with more illegal Mexicans, and worse pollution (but better skiing and In N' Out - win some, lose some). Even Ogden is changing, thanks to the call of winter tourist dollars.

Now when you get down into Provo and Manti, or up into Logan and Brigham City - yeah, that's serious Space Jesus country.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I'm the problem? Re-read my first post. I wrote go report it right away and put a stop to it. That is what you did, you and I are on the same page. If everyone reports it right away, it stops. More women need to be like you. I commend you. It's a culture change and it's going to be hard, but it has to happen.
            She had witnesses......
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

But from a LOGICAL point, by saying nothing, they allowed it to continue, correct? How will it ever stop if you don't stand up to it?
              The nuremburg defense!!!!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

They can't go to the police? They couldn't go hire a lawyer?
                Repercussions, man. That's actually a thing. I *know*, crazy, right?
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I like how Timothy blames the victims and acts like they’re the problem when ironically people like him are the problem. And then they go into pout mode, double down, and act all aggrieved rather than trying to understand this.

It’s fine to admit you’re wrong sometimes and change your views, I’ve done it plenty of times.

Comment

But from a LOGICAL point, by saying nothing, they allowed it to continue, correct? How will it ever stop if you don't stand up to it?
                    If only those children had reported being molested by Priests it would have stopped...

Oh wait they did and it didnt.

If only those women would have come forward at Baylor when they were raped they could have changed the culture and stopped it...oh wait they did and it didnt. (until after someone leaked it...cops and the school covered it up for years)

Women who come forward get shamed and blackballed.

Stop it. I gotta believe you arent as ignorant as you are coming off.
                    Last edited by Handyman; 12-11-2017, 11:28 PM.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      All we are saying
                      Is give Pence a chance
                      /endthread
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        If only those children had reported being molested by Priests it would have stopped...

If only those women would have come forward at Baylor when they were raped they could have changed the culture and stopped it...oh wait they did and it didnt.

I think he's an optimist, hoping that his proposed situation would work. Trouble is, this is the real world. I am genuinely sad this is the real world.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Catlicks ain't CHRISTHUNS! All evhanjellikuhls know 'dat. 'Dey wership duh Poep, not Jeezuhs!

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Are you ****ing kidding me? They are. Slowly.

What point are you trying to make?
                            Progress, yeah! The point I made in the original post was that if victim 1 of let's say 20 stepped forward, perhaps the other 19 assaults would not have happened. It's as simple as that.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

If only those women would have come forward at Baylor when they were raped they could have changed the culture and stopped it...oh wait they did and it didnt. (until after someone leaked it...cops and the school covered it up for years)

I never said reporting was easy or effective, but isn't ignoring it worse? So what is the answer? All I think we all want are solutions to the problem.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I never said reporting was easy or effective, but isn't ignoring it worse? So what is the answer? All I think we all want are solutions to the problem.
                                Not blaming the victims would be a good start, you ******nozzle.

Comment

Working...
                                X