Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Nyt with good article about why HR departments aren’t always helpful

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/12/1...gtype=Homepage

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      I like how Timothy blames the victims and acts like they’re the problem when ironically people like him are the problem. And then they go into pout mode, double down, and act all aggrieved rather than trying to understand this.

It’s fine to admit you’re wrong sometimes and change your views, I’ve done it plenty of times.
      Source?
      Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I'm glad to see we as residents of the US of A are all tolerant of people's beliefs even if we don't agree. In the past I have never tried to convert or convince anyone that my beliefs are better than anyone else's. I have simply stated what I believe and had some interesting but generally not condescending discussions with posters who want to discuss differences as a point of interest. I've been out of the café for many months and I see it has splintered into intolerance just as the country has. That is sad.
      It is sad but it sure is fun to sit back and watch them morph into that which they detest without even realizing it.
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
      Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
        It is sad but it sure is fun to sit back and watch them morph into that which they detest without even realizing it.
        I think we realize it, but we're sick of the deplorables we're forced to share this country with -- and they only seem to be getting more and more deplorable

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
          I think we realize it, but we're sick of the deplorables we're forced to share this country with -- and they only seem to be getting more and more deplorable
          This. No denial here, and no sympathy for the Trumpsters, nor his apologists. With their xenophobia, they are as anti-American as they come.

So buster, you can lose your smug sense of, "I'm a smart moderate" anytime.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-12-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
            This whole thing will just spiral into the implosion of the country if we can't come together and re-learn to compromise, a concept this country was built on.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              They're not getting more deplorable, they've always been like this. They've always been out there, in fact in much larger numbers. They're 35% now-- 50 years ago they were 65%, 100 years ago they were 95%.

When people talked about "elites" and "gatekeepers" and "snobs" they were talking about the few holding the drawbridge against these sweethearts.

Democracy is good -- it means everybody has an equal voice. But it doesn't change that a large portion of that voice is the braying of animals.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This whole thing will just spiral into the implosion of the country if we can't come together and re-learn to compromise, a concept this country was built on.
                This country was built on slavery and genocide, buddy. The only compromise in our history was forced upon the privileged by protracted and often violent pressure.

If you want our legacy of compromise, take a look at the Missouri Compromise. That's your goal? No thanks.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Videos and photos of trump with some of the women who accused him who he swears he never met.
                  Better get the victim blaming going in high gear! I’m sure huckabee sanders will shame them asap

http://hill.cm/wOjGq8N

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I love how it's always Republicans saying we need to relearn how to compromise. Physician, heal thyself.

Comment

No, the country was built on rule of law. We need to get back to that.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        I love how it's always Republicans saying we need to relearn how to compromise. Physician, heal thyself.
                        It is interesting how they think they deserve everything and need to compromise nothing.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          What says I am a Republican? Whatever I am, I am willing to compromise.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

What says I am a Republican? Whatever I am, I am willing to compromise.
                            As a Democrat, I'll second your opinion. Both sides need to be willing to work with the other side...regardless of what side is responsible for how we got to where we are.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              As a Democrat, I'll second your opinion. Both sides need to be willing to work with the other side...regardless of what side is responsible for how we got to where we are.
                              I saw Joe Biden speak this weekend. He said the same thing and gave a great story about Jesse helms and how he hated what he voted for, them found out some things about Jesse, and learned to think much more deeply about motives

Comment

What says I am a Republican?
                                Everything you've posted in this thread so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X