Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

A great many liberal women were forever changed when they saw the grotesque beauty pageant impresario defeat the first female major-party candidate for president. In response, women all over America have poured into local politics, determined to find places where it’s still possible for them to have influence. The same impulse led some women to go public about sexual harassment and abuse. As Susan Fowler, a former engineer at Uber who exposed a pervasive culture of sexual harassment at that company, told Time: “When Trump won the election, I felt a crushing sense of powerlessness. And then I realized that I had to do something.”

For doing something, she and all the others who have exposed the sexual degradation that mars so many professional lives deserve our gratitude and admiration. They’ve made things tangibly better for the women in their industries. But ultimately, the cultural currency of the #MeToo movement is not a substitute for political power. The incendiary rage unleashed by Trump’s election needs to be directed back at him. Otherwise, only those who already advocate women’s equality will be forced to grant it.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/07/o...imes&smtyp=cur
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Women have the power to do this themselves, even if no man helps. They are the majority of the electorate. We could have full equality from reproduction to economics tomorrow if they all simply stood as one and said "No more."

Here's hoping they do.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

This Franks story is absurd. He's resigning because he discussed surrogacy in the office with his female co-workers? That's the reason why he's quitting??? That.Makes.No.Sense.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Women have the power to do this themselves, even if no man helps. They are the majority of the electorate. We could have full equality from reproduction to economics tomorrow if they all simply stood as one and said "No more."

Here's hoping they do.
          We'll see. They had a chance last election and 53% of white women voted for the sexual predator. I don't see that changing next time.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Here's hoping they do.
            Sez the man who set the record last year for sexist nicknames for Hillary.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Here's hoping they do.
              How do we do this economically?

When Mookie gets a job he asks for what he wants and negotiates a salary. He doesn’t ask what joe or Mary makes.

If sally comes in and settles for less, hows that work?

If she asks for more than joe and Mookie and gets it, what do we do?

Need this explained

Seems harder than people feel it will be to take care of in total
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

When Mookie gets a job he asks for what he wants and negotiates a salary. He doesn’t ask what joe or Mary makes.

Need this explained

Some places be it states or cities have passed laws banning the discussion of prior salary history for this reason. Basically the idea is a position has a price tag associated with it (say 100K for example). If Joe previously worked for 90K, and Sally was pulling in 70K because she took several years off to raise family, the company hypothetically wouldn't be able to take advantage of her and hire her for 80K, thus saving money but keeping her underpaid.

Comment

Need this explained

Here's a modest proposal: pay the caretaker home parent a GBI equal to the median personal income.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Meantime, the case of Conyers and now Franken and others are emerging in relative isolation, perhaps arbitrarily, from a Congress where more misconduct surely lurks.

Texas Republican Rep. Blake Farenthold, who settled a large sexual harassment claim, remains in office. As do unknown numbers of sitting congressmen and senators who also settled claims but whose names are locked in a black box.

And who knows who else might have groped or kissed aggressively once, or twice, or three times.
                    Nice double standard Congress. Open up the black box and send them all packing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/f...icle-1.3681748

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Some places be it states or cities have passed laws banning the discussion of prior salary history for this reason. Basically the idea is a position has a price tag associated with it (say 100K for example). If Joe previously worked for 90K, and Sally was pulling in 70K because she took several years off to raise family, the company hypothetically wouldn't be able to take advantage of her and hire her for 80K, thus saving money but keeping her underpaid.
                      Who discusses prior salary honestly?? Mookie ALWAYS pads. If someone doesn’t take his word for it, he looks elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Here's a modest proposal: pay the caretaker home parent a GBI equal to the median personal income.
                        Who wants median? One should want more.

That makes no sense....

Comment

Who discusses prior salary honestly?? Mookie ALWAYS pads. If someone doesn’t take his word for it, he looks elsewhere.
                          Just telling you what the law is, however its relatively new so time will tell if its effective. If employers are taking your word about ANYTHING, let me know and I'll make sure I don't have any investments or bank accounts with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Just telling you what the law is, however its relatively new so time will tell if its effective. If employers are taking your word about ANYTHING, let me know and I'll make sure I don't have any investments or bank accounts with them.

Mr honesty that Mookie

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Nice double standard Congress. Open up the black box and send them all packing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/f...icle-1.3681748
                              In no one's defense but frequently the legal beagles just pay rather than go to court. The USDA Agency I worked for was well known for just writing a check rather than adjudicate.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Who wants median? One should want more.

That makes no sense....
                                Read what I wrote again. It didn't click yet.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X