Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Are you kidding me?
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...regnate-287808

Buh-bye Franks.
    Christ.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That $17 million tax payer expense sexual misconduct slush-fund the House had, well, suddenly it seems far too underfunded.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Are you kidding me?

Buh-bye Franks.
        Good god...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Are you kidding me?

Buh-bye Franks.
          We all knew that was going to be the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            We all knew that was going to be the story.
            Oh yeah...but still!
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Women: He asked me if I wanted to have his baby.

Franks: What?!!! I was just asking if they wanted to act as a surrogate for my wife and I. Completely innocent.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Women: He asked me if I wanted to have his baby.

Franks: What?!!! I was just asking if they wanted to act as a surrogate for my wife and I. Completely innocent.
                And my religion forbids artificial insemination because it’s evil!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  The problem is bigger than just having robust union representation (which I fully support). The problem is the concentration of high paying, high skilled jobs in the same handful of places.

Used to be manufacturing was done all over the country, and it was easier to standardize a union wage for work say building cars whether you were in Flint or Buffalo or Gary. Nowadays if you're in high tech, biotech, finance, energy, medical research, etc -most likely you're in a cluster with a bunch of other people in the same field. That gives you bargaining power, because you can easily get a job at a competitor without having to relocate and those industries aren't trying to complete on cost of labor.

If you're not in one of these places, and you work in a one industry or one company region, you have little bargaining power. A union in this case would help you achieve a livable wage, but would struggle to get you to earn as much as your high flying counterparts who are being fought over by multiple companies in the same place. This is the problem of stagnating wages, which also prevents a remedy for income disparity. If Kep gets canned by Citigroup in NYC, he can take his act to JP Morgan. If Kep gets canned in Toledo from the one car manufacturing plant left, where does he go? Nowhere, so most likely he puts up with miniscule pay increases because he's happy to just have a job.
                  But again how is this going to mandate women ask for and accept the same salary men (??) get?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Possibly a negative perception of unions is their long association with criminal elements and the misappropriation of union dues?
                    Found out Thursday that our old local president was "embezzling" money (embezzling in quotes since everything he did was within our constitution and by-laws...it was just shady as **** since we never had any money to do anything that benefited the membership, like arbitrate grievances). Also had some shoddy financial record keeping, and we will definitely be audited by the IRS.

That $17 million tax payer expense sexual misconduct slush-fund the House had, well, suddenly it seems far too underfunded.
                    I think we can all agree that 0 tax payer dollars should go to pay these off.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

We have an executive assaulter and legislative pervs, let's see what's up with judicial harrassers.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Aren't the accusers part of the problem? For each male pig that did something to harass a woman, had that first woman contacted whatever authority was available (a boss, a boss's boss, the police or a lawyer or multiple) and busted his balls right then and there, the likelihood of future transgressions would have been much much less. Instead for many reasons (including their own personal gain in some cases), they just write it off and it just continues to happen to others, and instead of 1 person affected it's many many more.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Aren't the accusers part of the problem?
                          Was there a safe place, person for them to put forth their accusation at the time it happened? No.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Aren't the accusers part of the problem? For each male pig that did something to harass a woman, had that first woman contacted whatever authority was available (a boss, a boss's boss, the police or a lawyer or multiple) and busted his balls right then and there, the likelihood of future transgressions would have been much much less. Instead for many reasons (including their own personal gain in some cases), they just write it off and it just continues to happen to others, and instead of 1 person affected it's many many more.
                            1. No.

2. Jesus Christ, dude. The f-ck is your problem?

3. Just no.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              But again how is this going to mandate women ask for and accept the same salary men (??) get?
                              That would then be on the company to see if they're systematically paying women less than men for the same job, a study they could easily do, and then adjust accordingly. In your hypothetical the company would be giving her more than she was willing to ask for (or reduce the pay of all the males )
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                1. No.

2. Jesus Christ, dude. The f-ck is your problem?

3. Just no.
                                Jesus. I hope he’s never my boss.
                                Two months into my career at a big 4, a partner tried to remove my undergarments over my clothes at a work dinner. I was 22 and scared and if not for a strong female manager I was lucky to have, I’m not sure I would have reported it. I ended up having to move clients and went thru a lot of crap all because I was treated like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X