Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Next up: John Conyers.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Re: DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Next up: John Conyers.
    The money quote from the original article:
    “Your story won’t do $hIt to him,” said the staffer. “He’s untouchable.”
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Comment

Is it harassment or not?

https://www.economist.com/blogs/grap...n/tw/te/bl/ed/
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        That's excellent, thank you for posting it.

I'd love to also see results for Japan, China, Turkey, Iran, India, Brazil, Mexico, Some Poor Hopelessly F-cked Up African Nation, etc...

Russia would be fun, too: all lines flat at zero.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          That's excellent, thank you for posting it.

I'd love to also see results for Japan, China, Turkey, Iran, India, Brazil, Mexico, Some Poor Hopelessly F-cked Up African Nation, etc...

Russia would be fun, too: all lines flat at zero.
          Look at that lower right corner. 25% of men 18-30 would consider it sexual harassment if a man asked a woman out for a drink? I mean sure, in certain circumstances it is. But that is probably in conjunction with numerous other advances that were turned down.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            I think the take away from that is no matter where you are, old guys like looking at boobs and don't feel bad about it.

Comment

This Conyers story is weird...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11

Somebody's lying. Either he settled a sexual harassment case with a staffer or he didn't. How hard can this be to figure out?
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

He's in a safe D district (pretty nice gerrymandering), ancient, and needs to retire anyway. So frankly, whether this brings him down or not, I couldn't care less.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  He's in a safe D district (pretty nice gerrymandering), ancient, and needs to retire anyway. So frankly, whether this brings him down or not, I couldn't care less.
                  Sure, but look for anybody on the right or left I don't want to start a precedent of people being taken down by false allegations either. This one isn't a he said/she said - either his office paid off a former staffer on a sexual harassment claim or they didn't. If they did he needs to quit. If they didn't he can serve to 100 for all I care as long as his constituents keep voting him in.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    This Conyers story is weird...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11

Somebody's lying. Either he settled a sexual harassment case with a staffer or he didn't. How hard can this be to figure out?
                    He's guilty, but innocent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/power...c3a_story.html
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

IINM Conyers went through the House review process, which is structured for Congress to protect itself, and still wound up in the sh-tter.

If that's true then the f-cker is guilty, guilty, guilty. I could not care less what letter is after his name.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Now he's admitting the settlement. He's a goner.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Now he's admitting the settlement. He's a goner.
                          Who is going to kick him to the curb? Not the voters who think everyone elses Rep is bad but ours is great. He won't resign.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            Who is going to kick him to the curb? Not the voters who think everyone elses Rep is bad but ours is great. He won't resign.
                            Yup. Got it in one.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Instead of a death pool we need a Perv pool, I'm taking Matt Lauer

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                              X