Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I'm the problem? Re-read my first post. I wrote go report it right away and put a stop to it. That is what you did, you and I are on the same page. If everyone reports it right away, it stops. More women need to be like you. I commend you. It's a culture change and it's going to be hard, but it has to happen.
    Do you understand what happens most of the time when this gets reported? Stop being so simplistic...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I'm the problem? Re-read my first post. I wrote go report it right away and put a stop to it. That is what you did, you and I are on the same page. If everyone reports it right away, it stops. More women need to be like you. I commend you. It's a culture change and it's going to be hard, but it has to happen.
      I understood your post. You’re assuming everyone is like me and able to report. That’s nowhere near the truth.

Comment

Most of these reprobates are married males. Where are their wives?

These wives, although not the problem, should not be putting up with husbands that do that crap. Call him out on it and demand better, or call the divorce attorney and make it legal record why you cut the jamoke loose.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

These wives, although not the problem, should not be putting up with husbands that do that crap. Call him out on it and demand better, or call the divorce attorney and make it legal record why you cut the jamoke loose.
          I'm sure they appreciate you taking time out from your busy day to provide your input.

Jesus F-cking Christ, do you folks ever listen to yourselves? You're in Fish territory for your Very Deep Concern.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yes, you're the problem. Your whole shtick is old and tired. You're a loathsome f-ckstick.

Say it with me once, laughing boy: a victim bears NO responsibility for sexual harassment or assault, nor is it incumbent upon her to do ANYTHING. Insistence to the contrary is only part of the Bad Olde Days when tools like you took it upon themselves to be the adjudicators of a woman's actions, demeanor and ultimately worth.

Those days are gone. Sorry, but you don't ever get to enjoy them, as much as a "man" like you no doubt feels he is entitled to.

Now, here's some friendly advice. Shut it down for a bit before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. Go talk to women, hear their stories. Listen, don't talk (this will likely be impossible for you). Hear, don't judge. And then maybe after ten or fifteen such interactions you might come back here and say, "hey, I'm not a bad guy and I had no idea the idiocy I was speaking. I'm here to support you, not to try to be a controlling as-shole."
            Last edited by Kepler; 12-11-2017, 02:41 PM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Go **** yourself.

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

You too.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                Go **** yourself.

You too.
                In a way it's kinda neat. Like a seashell where if you put your ear to it you hear 1975.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Do you understand what happens most of the time when this gets reported? Stop being so simplistic...
                  That's why I said it was a culture change. Maybe this will be the stepping off point for that, who knows. If we just sit here and accept the bad behavior, how will it ever change?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And let's be clear, I only said the victims were the problem because they didn't report it. Of course no one does anything to deserve that kind of treatment. Re-read the post again people. It's crazy how this board has gone from one of friendly mature discussion to hammer someone after you half read a post then make 854 assumptions. Can't anyone read more than 50 words before comprehension shuts down? Give me a break.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

I would say that 90% of the harassment I got was from married men. Nearly all while we were traveling. Room numbers slipped to me on a piece of paper, lewd remarks, attempts at grabbing, etc. I don’t think the wives had any idea.
                    I’ve never felt a need to be married, coincidentally.

Comment

That's why I said it was a culture change. Maybe this will be the stepping off point for that, who knows. If we just sit here and accept the bad behavior, how will it ever change?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And let's be clear, I only said the victims were the problem because they didn't report it. Of course no one does anything to deserve that kind of treatment. Re-read the post again people. It's crazy how this board has gone from one of friendly mature discussion to hammer someone after you half read a post then make 854 assumptions. Can't anyone read more than 50 words before comprehension shuts down? Give me a break.
                      Do you understand why you can't blame the victim? Or really ever use anything that resembles "aren't the victims partly to blame here?"

It's really hard to get past the first sentence when the first sentence is the equivalent meteor landing in Central Park.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

We read your post and didn't add anything to it. Your initial post was stupid and insensitive. OK, we all say dumb things. Your follow-ups reflect an infantile understanding of the real world and the purest entitlement I've had the misfortune to be exposed to. That's all from your words. Nothing added.

You are not being misunderstood.

You are being fully understood and laughed at.

If you are over 80 years old then sure, you believe the idiocy you believe and actually think you're adding perspective. Go with God. But if you're under 80 you have to have been exposed to the idea that power inequities operate in real life and that harassers and assaulters are not neutral, they are predators who make choices in their prey and ensure there is nobody around, that they have the upper hand, that their victim will not be believed.

You have to know that, and you just don't care.

That's why you're a first ballot do-uche nozzle.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 12-11-2017, 03:03 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Do you understand why you can't blame the victim? Or really ever use anything that resembles "aren't the victims partly to blame here?"
                          But from a LOGICAL point, by saying nothing, they allowed it to continue, correct? How will it ever stop if you don't stand up to it?
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

But from a LOGICAL point, by saying nothing, they allowed it to continue, correct? How will it ever stop if you don't stand up to it?
                            *facepalm*
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

maybe they prayed that it would stop

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                maybe they prayed that it would stop
                                Remind me never to p-ss you off.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X