Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DC Sexual Assault Thread: We needed one...

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Remind me never to p-ss you off.
    I shouldn't have gone there, but the victim blaming is ****ing me off. I know people that were afraid to report sexual harassment. They felt powerless. Afraid they wouldn't be believed, would be retaliated against, and lose their job. Sometimes paying your rent forces you to put up with an abusive situation that you don't think you have any power to change.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      But from a LOGICAL point, by saying nothing, they allowed it to continue, correct? How will it ever stop if you don't stand up to it?
      Sexual harassment and sexual harassment are generally used to intimidate and scare people who aren't in a position of power. It often comes with threats to the reputation, career, or even the safety of the victim. Some of these people like Harvey Weinstein used a small army of people with advanced psychological and investigative training. There are reports of ex-CIA employees working on his smear squad.

You're a 20-year-old actress trying to make a big break and the head of one of the largest studios in Hollywood rapes you. Then everyone around you says "It's just Harvey being Harvey." "Just let him do his thing." "Do you want to ruin your career?"
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

But from a LOGICAL point, by saying nothing, they allowed it to continue, correct? How will it ever stop if you don't stand up to it?
        THE. VICTIM. IS. NEVER. THE. PROBLEM.

I'm not sure how that can be stated any more clearly...
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          THE. VICTIM. IS. NEVER. THE. PROBLEM.

I'm not sure how that can be stated any more clearly...
          A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 10/10. Super fast delivery. Would buy again.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Aren't the accusers part of the problem? For each male pig that did something to harass a woman, had that first woman contacted whatever authority was available (a boss, a boss's boss, the police or a lawyer or multiple) and busted his balls right then and there, the likelihood of future transgressions would have been much much less. Instead for many reasons (including their own personal gain in some cases), they just write it off and it just continues to happen to others, and instead of 1 person affected it's many many more.
            Have you ever seen a woman after they've been harassed by someone who holds official power over them? Have you ever spoken with a woman who's been sexually attacked in some other way - be it as horrendous as rape or something you might deem unimportant, like a groping? The thought process of a victim is usually to shutdown during the event, and try to put it behind them after the fact. That's why you see so many advertising pushes, and other women speaking up at events to encourage women to report these horrific events. I've seen a former coworker receive an unwanted kiss from her former superior (it was the we-all-just-got-laid-off party). The horror and reaction on her face was like nothing I ever expected. Yes, I knew he was doing something unwelcome, but didn't realize it was so egregious until seeing her reaction to it. She was petrified, and when people tried to console her or offer her help, it was like she couldn't even process what was happening.

I've known two women who've been raped. I won't even go through their nightmares, as they relayed them to me.

Until you understand these things, regardless of who well intentioned you think you're trying to be, you're just not helping the situation.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I'm sure they appreciate you taking time out from your busy day to provide your input.

Jesus F-cking Christ, do you folks ever listen to yourselves? You're in Fish territory for your Very Deep Concern.
              If you see something, say something.
              Why aren't the wives calling out their no-good husbands (if they know it's happening)?

If you were out there groping people I'd hope Dr. Mrs. would kick you to the curb in a NY minute.
              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 12-11-2017, 03:52 PM.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I don’t think the wives had any idea.
                That's why I applaud you for dealing with a harasser head-on.

The wife of a harasser? She should not have to deal with him doing such things. If/when she finds out she needs to demand better or cut the no-gooder loose. Thinking she just needs to "stand by her man" is the 1975 thinking.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  You're a 20-year-old actress trying to make a big break and the head of one of the largest studios in Hollywood rapes you. Then everyone around you says "It's just Harvey being Harvey." "Just let him do his thing." "Do you want to ruin your career?"
                  And then when you don't report it the next day, if you ever mention it in the future you're lying because you didn't report it the next day.

All I want for Christmas is Timothy and Sic to come back as women.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    My God, Deutsche Gopher Fan. Sicatoka is giving you his approval! Don't you appreciate how valuable that is?! Why aren't you grateful?!!!!
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

My God, Deutsche Gopher Fan. Sicatoka is giving you his approval! Don't you appreciate how valuable that is?! Why aren't you grateful?!!!!
                      She doesn't need my approval.
                      She got my applause.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

The wife of a harasser? She should not have to deal with him doing such things. If/when she finds out she needs to demand better or cut the no-gooder loose. Thinking she just needs to "stand by her man" is the 1975 thinking.
                        I would not be surprised if a lot of them "put up with it" because it is an abusive relationship....
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                          maybe they prayed that it would stop
                          Two thumbs up.

Comment

had that first woman contacted whatever authority was available (a boss, a boss's boss, the police or a lawyer or multiple) and busted his balls right then and there, the likelihood of future transgressions would have been much much less. Instead for many reasons (including their own personal gain in some cases), they just write it off and it just continues to happen to others, and instead of 1 person affected it's many many more.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Jesus. I hope he’s never my boss.
                              Two months into my career at a big 4, a partner tried to remove my undergarments over my clothes at a work dinner. I was 22 and scared and if not for a strong female manager I was lucky to have, I’m not sure I would have reported it. I ended up having to move clients and went thru a lot of crap all because I was treated like that.
                              Wow

Comment

Honestly, all I can say is...it's Timothy A. He's already proven himself to be tone-deaf on many topics over the years, particularly sex ed and abortion. That's to be expected given his particular flavor of the Christ cult and is easily written off, but now we see the ignorance of religious conservative men in full force.

You're an embarrassment to our shared first name, Timmy. Clearly you should've been born in 'Bama.

Comment

Working...
                                X