Commonwealth Coast Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
    What happens next? If UNE wins next weekend does Salve get in? If Nichols pulls the upset does UNE, Salve or both get in? I think Nichols must win to get in.
    Salve has to be a lock to get into the tourney. Hold all the numbers against Hobart and trinity if it comes to pool C contention. If UNE loses Salve could jump again over them as they will hold the edge in Win %, SOS, and RNK.

Comment

• Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

I think the results this weekend bring up lots of possibilities for the CCC and the final selections. If Nichols wins on Saturday at UNE, they get the AQ and that could create a possible for both UNE and Salve to get bids as well (maybe?). Either way, I think Endicott is done. I really don't know what any of this means for teams like Buffalo State, Oswego or Marian. I am sure that there will be folks upset, regardless of who gets in and who is left at the altar!

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
        I think the results this weekend bring up lots of possibilities for the CCC and the final selections. If Nichols wins on Saturday at UNE, they get the AQ and that could create a possible for both UNE and Salve to get bids as well (maybe?). Either way, I think Endicott is done. I really don't know what any of this means for teams like Buffalo State, Oswego or Marian. I am sure that there will be folks upset, regardless of who gets in and who is left at the altar!
        My guess is that if UNE wins, Salve joins them in the tournament. If Nichols wins, either Salve or UNE gets in but not both. I agree that Endicott's season is over; their ten D1 transfers didn't help this year.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
          My guess is that if UNE wins, Salve joins them in the tournament. If Nichols wins, either Salve or UNE gets in but not both. I agree that Endicott's season is over; their ten D1 transfers didn't help this year.
          There is no way that both Salve and UNE don't get in if Nichols wins. Especially Salve. Their numbers are just too high for them not to get in. SOS is like #2 in the country only to Adrain who they beat 6-2. If UNE loses then Salve jumps ahead of them in Winning % and they will hold the head to head 2-0 as well as have a better record vs. Ranked teams not to mention the SOS. They also hold the edge against common D3 opponents. Both of them also hold edges over Hobart and Trinity if either of those lose in Conf championships. I believe there could be a great chance that the CCC gets in three if Nichols wins.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
            There is no way that both Salve and UNE don't get in if Nichols wins. Especially Salve. Their numbers are just too high for them not to get in. SOS is like #2 in the country only to Adrain who they beat 6-2. If UNE loses then Salve jumps ahead of them in Winning % and they will hold the head to head 2-0 as well as have a better record vs. Ranked teams not to mention the SOS. They also hold the edge against common D3 opponents. Both of them also hold edges over Hobart and Trinity if either of those lose in Conf championships. I believe there could be a great chance that the CCC gets in three if Nichols wins.
            Looking at today's rankings I think you are probably right. If that's the case I'm pulling for Nichols so the CCC gets three teams in the mix.

Comment

Looking at today's rankings I think you are probably right. If that's the case I'm pulling for Nichols so the CCC gets three teams in the mix.
              3 CCC teams would be great and well deserved. Nichols is a very good team. Have the 4th best SOS in nation. The top 5 teams of the CCC have some quality wins this year and they all had 17+ wins. #5 Nichols is in the finals and #4 Curry had wins vs Salve, UNE, and Nichols. The league has come along way.

Comment

• Originally posted by nefan View Post
                3 CCC teams would be great and well deserved. Nichols is a very good team. Have the 4th best SOS in nation. The top 5 teams of the CCC have some quality wins this year and they all had 17+ wins. #5 Nichols is in the finals and #4 Curry had wins vs Salve, UNE, and Nichols. The league has come along way.
                How they do in the NCAA's will be most interesting. Hopefully Salve cleared ice time at Portsmouth Abbey for their probable QF game.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Big day for the Nor Easters as they look to bring their first hockey championship to the school. Should be an instant classic. Lots on the line tonight, with some good stories. Kevin Swallow taking on his old school who he won championships with and looking to add another to his resume against them. If UNE wins they put themselves in a great spot for the NCAA tourney. It will be a hard fought game outfront of a max capacity crowd at The Forum. Round 2 for UNE as they were 8 seconds and a bounce away from winning the CCC last year. I think winning out front of their home crowd will be that much sweeter! Looking forward to puck drop.

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockey92 View Post
                    Big day for the Nor Easters as they look to bring their first hockey championship to the school. Should be an instant classic. Lots on the line tonight, with some good stories. Kevin Swallow taking on his old school who he won championships with and looking to add another to his resume against them. If UNE wins they put themselves in a great spot for the NCAA tourney. It will be a hard fought game outfront of a max capacity crowd at The Forum. Round 2 for UNE as they were 8 seconds and a bounce away from winning the CCC last year. I think winning out front of their home crowd will be that much sweeter! Looking forward to puck drop.
                    This is a huge day in the history of hockey on the UNE Campus! The Forum should be rocking tonight, it usually is for all of the Men's home games. I suspect that Coach Swallow would play down to notion that they are playing his old team, I think he stresses this is more about this team and the teams that came before them, helping to make tonight possible.

Am I wrong in believing that UNE should have a berth in the tourney regardless of the outcome tonight? I've read about teams going from top in the East to out of the tourney, because of a loss. I hope that that doesn't come into play.

Also, there should be a couple of Sr. on Nichols who have had experience at this level, right? Didn't they make the NCAA's in Kevin's last year at Nichols?

I am going to get to the Forum earlier than usual tonight to make sure I have a place!

Comment

• Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                      This is a huge day in the history of hockey on the UNE Campus! The Forum should be rocking tonight, it usually is for all of the Men's home games. I suspect that Coach Swallow would play down to notion that they are playing his old team, I think he stresses this is more about this team and the teams that came before them, helping to make tonight possible.

Am I wrong in believing that UNE should have a berth in the tourney regardless of the outcome tonight? I've read about teams going from top in the East to out of the tourney, because of a loss. I hope that that doesn't come into play.

Also, there should be a couple of Sr. on Nichols who have had experience at this level, right? Didn't they make the NCAA's in Kevin's last year at Nichols?

I am going to get to the Forum earlier than usual tonight to make sure I have a place!
                      Yes, win or lose UNE should be a lock in the tourney. IMO a win would jump them over Salve for 1E and at worst stay at 2E. A loss would get them into the tourney but seeding could alter. Swallow won back to back titles with Nichols in 2013-14 and 2014-15. A NCAA game at The Forum would be awesome but one step at a time. Can't look past tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by NEHockey92 View Post
                        Yes, win or lose UNE should be a lock in the tourney. IMO a win would jump them over Salve for 1E and at worst stay at 2E. A loss would get them into the tourney but seeding could alter. Swallow won back to back titles with Nichols in 2013-14 and 2014-15. A NCAA game at The Forum would be awesome but one step at a time. Can't look past tonight.
                        Ben Franklin said, "The only things in life that are assured, are death and taxes", when it comes to the NCAA I'm not sure even that is guaranteed! Never count the chickens before they hatch, and never count your money while you're sitting at the table!

Lets get past tonight and we'll talk about tomorrow, tomorrow!

Comment

Congratulations to Nichols. They beat UNE six ways to Sunday tonight. Of all the nights for a team to throw a stinker. The Forum was packed an hour and a half before warm-ups and the energy was electric. Too bad the home team couldn't put it together tonight. Now it will be a wait and see.

Nichols really put together a great coupe of weeks, winning all three conference playoff games on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                            Congratulations to Nichols. They beat UNE six ways to Sunday tonight. Of all the nights for a team to throw a stinker. The Forum was packed an hour and a half before warm-ups and the energy was electric. Too bad the home team couldn't put it together tonight. Now it will be a wait and see.

Nichols really put together a great coupe of weeks, winning all three conference playoff games on the road.
                            Did UNE throw a stinker or did Nichols take them out of their game. Top UNE line was minus 3 on the night. Can't imagine CCC won't get three teams in... will be interested to see how they treat Nichols. They've beat three teams that were ranked in the top 5 at the time and seem to be on top of their game with 5 goals at Salve and 8 at UNE. Strong road game!

Comment

Did UNE throw a stinker or did Nichols take them out of their game. Top UNE line was minus 3 on the night. Can't imagine CCC won't get three teams in... will be interested to see how they treat Nichols. They've beat three teams that were ranked in the top 5 at the time and seem to be on top of their game with 5 goals at Salve and 8 at UNE. Strong road game!
                              Nichols is a very good team. I've said that for the last few weeks. CCC TOP 5 can beat anyone. (-and did this year). Next year may be different but according to all the numbers CCC gets three bids and should have at least two of the atop three east regional spots. They schedule tough OOC games and that has made them better. Can't wait for the bracket to be announced and the games to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                                I would say it was a combination of both poor play by UNE, and of good play by Nichols. The UNE Goalies did not have a good night. The old hockey adage adage is, "a goalie needs to make all the saves he is supposed to make, and most of the saves he's not supposed to". The UNE goalies made far too few of the saves they were supposed to make!

The communication between the UNE players was worse than poor, on a couple of occasions, two players left the puck thinking the other was going to pick it up. And don't get me started on the Nichols shorthanded goal. UNE had no speed through the neutral zone, so it was easy for Nichols to disrupt play.

When he needed to, the Nichols goalie made some stellar saves, and then every save he was supposed to.

I agree with you assertion, the CCC is a strong conference and have earned 3 spots in the tourney. Now, we'll just have to wait and see if the NCAA selectors think so.

Just as an aside, I can't say I was very proud of the UNE fans at the game, most notably, the student section. I realize I am old, but the language and the obscene gestures directed at the Nichols Players seemed a bit over the top. I have been to many games at the Forum since it opened, and this is the first time I had seen the students behave in this manner. I know this was a huge crowd, and that many were probably seeing their first UNE game, but I would hope that the Administration would address the student behavior.

Comment

Working...
                                X