Commonwealth Coast Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

I wouldn't be shocked with a first round upset from Salve. They rely on Wojtala time after time to steal them games and put up 25 saves or more against good opponents. Jack Billings is good but I believe they're playing way above their skill level. Their luck will run out eventually, just a gut feeling. They still do have a good shot at an at large bit regardless of winning the CCC, seeing they have gone 7-0 vs ranked teams which is very surprising and makes no sense. Bessinger is back from injury for Endicott which is a huge boost for them. UNE couldn't quite over come a tough Curry team. Ends their winning streak. Might be a good thing it has happened now though, didn't play up to their normal standards. If they can tighten up their defense they'll be tough to beat in playoffs cause they can score goals with ease. Very entertaining league to watch. Top 4 spots for home ice first round is still up for grabs and will come down to the very last game. Can't ask for more than that!

Comment

Not sure this could have been scripted any better, the top four teams are playing each other with home ice on the line. Actually, the Conference Championship is on the line. Endicott and Salve have complete control of their destiny. If they sweep the weekend they finish tied at the top, if they get swept, it would move UNE into the top spot in the conference with Endicott and Salve dropping to 2 and 3.

Seems like both Salve and Endicott had pretty easy weekend, while UNE and Curry split, even though, in my opinion, Curry dominated UNE again last night. UNE just seems to score goals and that is what this game is all about, scoring one more than the other guy!

What a great weekend coming up for this conference, though. Three ranks teams, (could Nichols make it four?) all going head-to-head on the final weekend to determine the conference championship. Then the playoffs, which will be wide open, that Nichols/Curry potential match-up (4 v 5) has real potential to be a battle.

Hard to believe we are at the end of another great college hockey season.

And I have to do this, given the day... Go Pats!

Comment

Big weekend for the CCC started with quite a surprise with Becker beating WNE! Endicott at UNE tonight, Salve at Nichols and Wentworth at Curry should all be great games with lots of emotion. Great night to see which teams are ready for the next step. God, I love this game and, especially when there is so much on the line! I hope everyone who is rooting for their team has a great night!

Comment

I love this conference...so much fun!
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

The UNE/Endicott game was as good a college hockey game as I have seen in a very long time. Both teams brought their "A" game to the rink last night, there were some great scoring chances, answered by some incredible saves by both goaltenders. It seemed as though both keepers were not going to be beaten UNE took their usual number of penalties (7), and it cost them both of Endicott's goals, however, UNE scored two short-handed goals, one on the PP and an ENG. I guess the edge would go to UNE on special teams.

Shots were 35 each, both teams really traded momentum swings all night long. Endicott did have one goal called back for goaltender interference in the first period. The refs met in their arc for an unusual amount of time before waving off the goal. It didn't seem as though the Endicott team, or fans were upset by the waive off!

A little concern for UNE is that their number one keeper left the game in the 3rd with some kind of injury. Tonight should be a good one.

Anyone at the Salve/Nichols game? Seems as though Nichols kept the Salve top line off the board, even out shot Salve. Does that wrap up the top spot for Salve?

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
              The UNE/Endicott game was as good a college hockey game as I have seen in a very long time. Both teams brought their "A" game to the rink last night, there were some great scoring chances, answered by some incredible saves by both goaltenders. It seemed as though both keepers were not going to be beaten UNE took their usual number of penalties (7), and it cost them both of Endicott's goals, however, UNE scored two short-handed goals, one on the PP and an ENG. I guess the edge would go to UNE on special teams.

Shots were 35 each, both teams really traded momentum swings all night long. Endicott did have one goal called back for goaltender interference in the first period. The refs met in their arc for an unusual amount of time before waving off the goal. It didn't seem as though the Endicott team, or fans were upset by the waive off!

A little concern for UNE is that their number one keeper left the game in the 3rd with some kind of injury. Tonight should be a good one.

Anyone at the Salve/Nichols game? Seems as though Nichols kept the Salve top line off the board, even out shot Salve. Does that wrap up the top spot for Salve?
              I believe 1st tie break is H2H, so yes.

8th place is also interesting. WNEU needs a point against Becker at home to secure 8th. A loss opens the door for JWU who must then win at Suffolk to grab 8th.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Travelled to watch Salve at Nichols. First period was great hockey, both teams flying all over the ice with great discipline. In the second, Salve got a quick goal and seemed to take some wind out of Nichols sails. A couple mistakes by Nichols at the Salve blue line lead to a couple breakaways and Salve took advantage. Third period was fairly even. Very impressed with Salve, well coached and disciplined. Both teams avoided foolish penalties. Looks like Salve will take first spot in CCC. Nichols and Curry will open playoffs, I think tonight's games will determine home ice on opening round. Salve is most total team I've seen in the conference.

Comment

Looks like the Conference Playoffs are set:

WNE at Salve
                  Suffolk at Endicott
                  Wentworth at UNE
                  Nichols at Curry (maybe)

I'm not sure of the tie breaker after head-to-head. Nichols and Curry Split a couple of one goal games. Anybody have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                    Looks like the Conference Playoffs are set:

WNE at Salve
                    Suffolk at Endicott
                    Wentworth at UNE
                    Nichols at Curry (maybe)

I'm not sure of the tie breaker after head-to-head. Nichols and Curry Split a couple of one goal games. Anybody have any ideas?
                    Per the CCC web page:
                    In the event of a tie in total points in the regular-season standings, the following procedure shall be applied in the designated order to break all ties for seeding or to determine the final team(s) that will qualify for the conference championship:

1. Head to head competition between all tied teams;

2. Head to head competition against other conference teams. The tied teams will be compared to the first place, second place, third place, etc. until one team holds an advantage over the other tied teams;

3. Winning percentage versus common non-conference opponents;

4. Highest strength of schedule (SOS) in the latest available NCAA regional rankings;

5. Coin toss. In a three-way tie requiring the use of a coin flip, three coins will be flipped simultaneously, with the “odd toss” winning the tiebreaker and the remaining teams starting over from step one (head-to-head comparison).
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

The Nichols - Salve game this afternoon will determine home ice in Nichols - Curry first round game. If Nichols wins they host based on tie breaker. Nichols and Curry split and both will have split with Salve, again if Nichols wins today. Next tie-breaker is against Endicott which Nichols split with and Curry lost both games to. A fun weekend of playoffs coming up!

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                        I have enjoyed following this conference over Hockey East this past season. So much more fun!
                        Probably just as talented, too.

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                          The Nichols - Salve game this afternoon will determine home ice in Nichols - Curry first round game. If Nichols wins they host based on tie breaker. Nichols and Curry split and both will have split with Salve, again if Nichols wins today. Next tie-breaker is against Endicott which Nichols split with and Curry lost both games to. A fun weekend of playoffs coming up!
                          FINAL - Salve Regina 2 Nichols 0
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Is it too early to start prognosticating the weekend games? I really have no idea how it will all pan out, but there are going to be some great games.

Salve and WNE split their series during the first weekend of the season, a couple of 3-2 games with WNE winning at home and then taking Salve to OT on the road. Endicott had two lopsided games against Suffolk a couple of weeks ago. That was the only 4-point weekend for Endicott in the second half of the season.

Wentworth gave UNE fits in both games of their series, a couple of one goal games (UNE had an EN at Wentworth). UNE was able to squeak out a couple of wins from a good Wentworth team. If Wentworth ever starts believing in themselves, they could be deep in the mix.

Curry and Nichols split with one-goal games, each holding serve on home ice.

This is going to be a great day for hockey! I really hope the CCC is able to capitalize on this season. This kind of hockey has to be great for these schools recruiting. Three teams in the top 15, some really great games over the last weekend of the season and some very competitive games coming up in the first round of the Conference Championships. Not many conferences can say that, at least this season.

Comment

Looking forward to the weekend. Salve - Nichols game today was 0 - 0 until Salve broke the ice with 3:19 left in the third. Nichols shut out for six periods over the weekend, not a good sign going into the playoffs. Very impressed with both teams play and discipline in the two games. It might be too early to pick the weekend games but I think there will be at least one upset, and I would not be surprised if there were two, over the weekend.

Comment

The CCC has announced the seedings and the game times for the weekend games.

http://cccathletics.com/sports/mice/...018MIHPairings

I don't know, but there could be some surprises in those seeds!

Comment

Working...
                                X