Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    UNE is under-rated in the silly poll, but they're in as an AL if they keep-up what they've been doing, IMO. Salve has been taking care of business, too. I'll be mildly surprised if both teams don't get in, and Endicott certainly has a good shot as well.

Where did this conference come from? The best one in the East right now, from top to bottom.
    The conference was a non-hockey conference until last year. They sponsored several sports and were quite unified in sports like Men's and Women's Soccer, Field Hockey, M&W Basketball and Lacrosse. Seven of the ten members were playing hockey, 5 in the ECACNE (Curry, Nichols, Wentworth, Western New England, Salve Regina), UNE played in the NEHC and, I believe Endicott was an independent since they had just become a varsity program. The CCC also wanted to sponsor Football since UNE announced that they were instituting a varsity program beginning in 2018. The new conference decimated the ECACNE so Suffolk, Becker and J&W joined the conference as associate members.

As a fan of UNE, I thought it was a bad idea for UNE to leave the NEHC, guess I was wrong!

Next year, I believe that Suffolk and J&W will move over to the NEHC leaving an eight team conference.

I am sure someone else has a lot more info than I, but this is what I had heard.

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
      The conference was a non-hockey conference until last year. They sponsored several sports and were quite unified in sports like Men's and Women's Soccer, Field Hockey, M&W Basketball and Lacrosse. Seven of the ten members were playing hockey, 5 in the ECACNE (Curry, Nichols, Wentworth, Western New England, Salve Regina), UNE played in the NEHC and, I believe Endicott was an independent since they had just become a varsity program. The CCC also wanted to sponsor Football since UNE announced that they were instituting a varsity program beginning in 2018. The new conference decimated the ECACNE so Suffolk, Becker and J&W joined the conference as associate members.

As a fan of UNE, I thought it was a bad idea for UNE to leave the NEHC, guess I was wrong!

Next year, I believe that Suffolk and J&W will move over to the NEHC leaving an eight team conference.

I am sure someone else has a lot more info than I, but this is what I had heard.
      That’s correct on Suffolk and JWU coming over to the NEHC next year. It puts Norwich, Suffolk and JWU, who are all primary members of the GNAC in the same conference.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Anna Maria.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        That’s correct on Suffolk and JWU coming over to the NEHC next year. It puts Norwich, Suffolk and JWU, who are all primary members of the GNAC in the same conference.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Anna Maria.
        I did not even think of that. I wonder if other GNAC Schools are thinking about hockey, other than Anna Maria! St. Joe's has a club team, but I think Norwich would be hard pressed to leave the NEHC. Heck, Norwich might fit in real nice with the CCC

Comment

I did not even think of that. I wonder if other GNAC Schools are thinking about hockey, other than Anna Maria! St. Joe's has a club team, but I think Norwich would be hard pressed to leave the NEHC. Heck, Norwich might fit in real nice with the CCC
          If the GNAC forms a hockey conference, I believe the schools will have no choice.

Salem St. was dragged kicking and screaming from the ECAC-East when the MASCAC formed.

What about the Little East which will have 5 hockey playing members when Castleton joins later this year?
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I know on the women's side other schools are exploring it. Simmons and Albertus Magnus are who I've heard rumblings on for women's teams.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

That circumstance would make the CCC a complete juggernaut... I'm against it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                That circumstance would make the CCC a complete juggernaut... I'm against it!
                But, man, would we see some great college hockey!
                Last edited by dinocoach; 02-02-2018, 10:58 AM.

Comment

This is a big weekend for the CCC, some really key games. Tonight and tomorrow night will be pivotal for every team. Salve has J&W and that could be the proverbial trap game, although I believe that Salve is really hitting their stride. Curry has had some impressive wins of late and UNE better be ready for a tough weekend. Nichols and WNE could also give some surprises. Endicott and Suffolk may be just what Endicott needs, a couple of solid games against a good opponent could provide momentum going into next week with UNE.

I'll be at at UNE tonight but I'll be watching the score board from around the conference. Going to enjoy this!

Comment

This is a big weekend for the CCC, some really key games. Tonight and tomorrow night will be pivotal for every team. Salve has J&W and that could be the proverbial trap game, although I believe that Salve is really hitting their stride. Curry has had some impressive wins of late and UNE better be ready for a tough weekend. Nichols and WNE could also give some surprises. Endicott and Suffolk may be just what Endicott needs, a couple of solid games against a good opponent could provide momentum going into next week with UNE.

I'll be at at UNE tonight but I'll be watching the score board from around the conference. Going to enjoy this!
                    I have enjoyed following this conference over Hockey East this past season. So much more fun!
                    Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

But, man, would we see some great college hockey!
                      The CCC loses Suffolk and J&W. Wouldn't it be great to see Norwich AND UMass-Boston make the jump to fill those two spots......

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
                        The CCC loses Suffolk and J&W. Wouldn't it be great to see Norwich AND UMass-Boston make the jump to fill those two spots......
                        GNAC and LEC are gaining members.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I think things are beginning to solidify in the CCC. Curry beating UNE last night was a solid, sound beating. UNE dominated that 1st period but left the ice tied at 2-2 after a late goal was called back for Goaltender interference. Can't say that I saw it, but the ref was right on top of the play and did not hesitate to wave the goal off. Curry scored their first goal on a bad carom off the boards on a hard around dump-in, hit something and bounced right to the front of the net, onto a Curry stick with the keeper behind the goal line extended, 1-0. Then an unforced turnover in the neutral zone gave Curry a breakaway goal, 2-0. After the first period, I think the feeling in the crowd was that UNE was about to blow open. Curry had a much different idea, they really turned it up a few notches.

Curry played a great game in the 2nd and 3rd really frustrating the UNE offense. A really stupid, unnecessary penalty by an upper classman cost them the game winner, Just not smart!

Tonight will be a real test for UNE at Curry. They cannot afford to lose this game, period!

Everything else in the conference seemed to go as it should. Again, Salve really has gotten themselves going and it seems as though Endicott got itself going. Nichols had a nice win at WNE.

Right now, I think the money will be on Salve and Curry to be playing on the final day of the Conference.

Comment

I don't see Norwich leaving the NEHC and the teams they have been playing with for the last 20 years unless they were FORCED to with the formation of the GNAC.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Since Suffolk and J&W are both GNAC schools, it's pretty unlikely that Norwich would consider going elsewhere.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Can't disagree with picking Salve to be in the finals but not so sure about Curry. Both Curry and Wentworth will be hard outs but I don't see either of them winning two playoff games. I think the second team in the finals will come from either Endicott or Nichols. Leaning towards Endicott unless Brennan gets hot between the pipes for Nichols.

Comment

Working...
                                X