Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 149

Thread: Commonwealth Coast Conference

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Tonight will be interesting. Except for the Becker weekend, where Endicott scored 21 times, the Gulls have come close to scoring twice as many goals in the second game than the first. Or could it be that they have played the lower half of the conference and have bigger tests remaining with Salve and UNE plus tonight's game that will show who they really are? On the other hand, Nichols is coming off a solid non-conference run during the holiday break and is better than most thought?

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    178

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    An interesting night in DIII college hockey last night. Some pretty impressive upsets and some claims made by some. Losses by SNC, EC, Augsburg and UMB are going to cause some upset in the universe of the rankings. Could we see Buff State and Williams crack the top 15? Nichols was very impressive last night in their lopsided victory of Endicott. I think the energy at Bourque Arena should be pretty high. If the 3rd period was any indicator, EC will come out hitting every Bison they see. The test will be can they keep their heads and stay at even strength.

    Also, the evenings upsets really helped the CCC stake a claim as a premiere conference. (Never thought I'd say that!)

  3. #23
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,146

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    An interesting night in DIII college hockey last night. Some pretty impressive upsets and some claims made by some. Losses by SNC, EC, Augsburg and UMB are going to cause some upset in the universe of the rankings. Could we see Buff State and Williams crack the top 15? Nichols was very impressive last night in their lopsided victory of Endicott. I think the energy at Bourque Arena should be pretty high. If the 3rd period was any indicator, EC will come out hitting every Bison they see. The test will be can they keep their heads and stay at even strength.

    Also, the evenings upsets really helped the CCC stake a claim as a premiere conference. (Never thought I'd say that!)
    I'd say the CCC has more than arrived. Now the next step will be getting multiple teams into the NCAAs and then winning those NCAA tournament games.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I'd say the CCC has more than arrived. Now the next step will be getting multiple teams into the NCAAs and then winning those NCAA tournament games.
    Didnít Endicott win an NCAA game last year and lose a multiple OT game?

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Yes, they beat Hobart in the first round and lost to Trinity in double OT.

  6. #26
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,146

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC Fan View Post
    Yes, they beat Hobart in the first round and lost to Trinity in double OT.
    I'm aware they won last year. I'm saying getting two teams in and then winning those NCAA Tournament games when they get multiple teams in will be the key to further legitimizing the conference in the national landscape. No one needs to convince me of the CCC's strength. I've seen it first hand with UNE and Salve beating Norwich and playing well in both games. I also witnessed Endicott give Norwich everything it could handle and more last year in the first game of the year when NU went on to win the whole thing.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  7. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I'm aware they won last year. I'm saying getting two teams in and then winning those NCAA Tournament games when they get multiple teams in will be the key to further legitimizing the conference in the national landscape. No one needs to convince me of the CCC's strength. I've seen it first hand with UNE and Salve beating Norwich and playing well in both games. I also witnessed Endicott give Norwich everything it could handle and more last year in the first game of the year when NU went on to win the whole thing.
    We'll see if they get some respect at the national level with a tournament game at home. I would definitely like to see two teams in the tournament and have the league champion host at least a first round game.

  8. #28
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,571
    Quote Originally Posted by CCC Fan View Post
    We'll see if they get some respect at the national level with a tournament game at home. I would definitely like to see two teams in the tournament and have the league champion host at least a first round game.
    That has little to do with "respect and more to do with their numbers...

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    178

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    With 3 weeks left in conference play, there are battles all over the league fighting for playoff positions. I don't think is is one game left that, right now, don't have playoff implications. Some really good series coming up for all teams with critical games for Salve, Nichols UNE Curry and Endicott. Buckle up, this is going to be fun!

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    With 3 weeks left in conference play, there are battles all over the league fighting for playoff positions. I don't think is is one game left that, right now, don't have playoff implications. Some really good series coming up for all teams with critical games for Salve, Nichols UNE Curry and Endicott. Buckle up, this is going to be fun!
    I saw both Endicott - Nichols games over the weekend. Friday, Nichols outskated Endicott and last night Endicott hit everything that moved and took Nichols out of their game. Looking forward to the next three weeks and playoffs.

  11. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    178

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by CCC Fan View Post
    I saw both Endicott - Nichols games over the weekend. Friday, Nichols outskated Endicott and last night Endicott hit everything that moved and took Nichols out of their game. Looking forward to the next three weeks and playoffs.
    I did not see the game last night, I was at UNE watching them beat a very good Wentworth team. I figured that Endicott was going to hit everything that moved last night. They sort of tried that about midway through the 3rd on Friday. When they started hitting, Nichols did seem to take a step back, but the game was lost by that time. I think EC has speed and size going for them and that should be a big part of their game.

    I was really impressed with Wentworth. The move the puck well, seem to be well coached and they have some kids who could skate with anyone. Seems like the need to work a bot more on team defense, seemed to get lost a couple of times that resulted in goals for UNE.

    EC has two big weekends coming up in the next three weeks, Salve and UNE. It should be fun.

  12. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    I agree with your comments on Wentworth. I saw them early in the season and was impressed. I know their record isn't very good but they've been in most games, tying Nichols and one of their losses to Endicott was one goal. If they can keep it together they could be tough in a year or two.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    13

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Playoffs for the CCC could be very interesting. I've watched a lot of the league games this year from every team. The top teams are obviously more skilled on a nightly basis vs the bottom teams but the physical play of those such teams could be enough to shut down some of those high end 1st lines of Endicott, UNE, Salve, Nichols. I was on hand for the UNE wentworth game at University of New England. Wentworth was hitting everything in sight when the first line got on the ice. The final was 6-5. I believe 3 of those were on PP which we all know how dangerous UNE is man up. Point being that come playoff time I wouldn't be shocked if there happens to be a first round upset. Looking forward to see who finishes on top of the CCC.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    178

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by NEHockey92 View Post
    Playoffs for the CCC could be very interesting. I've watched a lot of the league games this year from every team. The top teams are obviously more skilled on a nightly basis vs the bottom teams but the physical play of those such teams could be enough to shut down some of those high end 1st lines of Endicott, UNE, Salve, Nichols. I was on hand for the UNE wentworth game at University of New England. Wentworth was hitting everything in sight when the first line got on the ice. The final was 6-5. I believe 3 of those were on PP which we all know how dangerous UNE is man up. Point being that come playoff time I wouldn't be shocked if there happens to be a first round upset. Looking forward to see who finishes on top of the CCC.
    Could not agree with you more! The playoffs will definitely be fun to watch. This conference has come a long way in two short years. From top to bottom, most teams go into the game with a chance of pulling out a victory.

    I really think that Salve and Endicott have established their identities as a team, not so sure about UNE or Nichols. Curry is going to be a wild card as will Johnson and Wales. When Endicott uses their strength and speed, they are a pretty formidable foe. Friday, against Nichols, I thought they "mailed" it in. Did not see Saturday's game, but the way they payed the 3rd period on Friday, they were making a statement to Nichols that it was going to be like on Saturday, and it looked as though Nichols started to play a bit more tentatively. (just my 2 cents)

    On to the weekend, rare that all CCC schools are playing Thursday, Saturday!

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    230

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by dinocoach View Post
    Could not agree with you more! The playoffs will definitely be fun to watch. This conference has come a long way in two short years. From top to bottom, most teams go into the game with a chance of pulling out a victory.

    I really think that Salve and Endicott have established their identities as a team, not so sure about UNE or Nichols. Curry is going to be a wild card as will Johnson and Wales. When Endicott uses their strength and speed, they are a pretty formidable foe. Friday, against Nichols, I thought they "mailed" it in. Did not see Saturday's game, but the way they payed the 3rd period on Friday, they were making a statement to Nichols that it was going to be like on Saturday, and it looked as though Nichols started to play a bit more tentatively. (just my 2 cents)

    On to the weekend, rare that all CCC schools are playing Thursday, Saturday!

    It will be very interesting. I watch Salve Regina regularly and I think that they have a good team this year, despite, losing their Captain Schmidbauer the beginning of the year, which would have balanced out the scoring a bit more, they rely heavily on their first line and Billings is as talented as there is in the country. They are young on D, but I think that Wojtala is a very good goaltender and can win games for them. That being said Endicott is the team to beat and if they had Besinger and Aldridge then for sure would be even better. Nichols and UNE are also very strong and the top 4 teams, even 5 with Curry, tehy will be knocking each-other off over the next few weekends. Should be fun to watch and I will be at the Endicott/Salve Game Saturday. Last year the Gulls came in and pasted them 9-1.

  16. #36
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,146

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by landing1010 View Post
    It will be very interesting. I watch Salve Regina regularly and I think that they have a good team this year, despite, losing their Captain Schmidbauer the beginning of the year, which would have balanced out the scoring a bit more, they rely heavily on their first line and Billings is as talented as there is in the country. They are young on D, but I think that Wojtala is a very good goaltender and can win games for them. That being said Endicott is the team to beat and if they had Besinger and Aldridge then for sure would be even better. Nichols and UNE are also very strong and the top 4 teams, even 5 with Curry, tehy will be knocking each-other off over the next few weekends. Should be fun to watch and I will be at the Endicott/Salve Game Saturday. Last year the Gulls came in and pasted them 9-1.
    Didn't realize Besinger and Schmidbauer were out. Both of those teams would certainly be stronger with both of them. Even more impressive what they are doing without both.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  17. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    230

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Didn't realize Besinger and Schmidbauer were out. Both of those teams would certainly be stronger with both of them. Even more impressive what they are doing without both.

    Yep - Schmidbauer got hurt for the season in the second game. Not sure about Besinger, but he would have been in contention for POY.

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,883

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Well that was a beat down
    Salve Regina 5
    Endicott 1 F

  19. #39
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    13

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    Well with Salve winning on the road tonight now have a chance to sweep Endicott at home on Saturday night for the right to first place of the CCC. UNE also continues their winning streak with a big win over Becker 9-1. Brady Fleurent with 6 point night surpasses older brother Trevor as UNE all time points leader. Ryan Bloom with 5 point night as well and PP goes 4-8. A sweep at home Saturday will makes things very close at the top. Endicott better bounce back or they could be seeing themselves drop to 3rd pretty quickly...

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    57

    Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

    The top half of the conference is capable of beating each other on any given night and a team like Wentworth could pull an upset. Looking forward to the next few weeks with some really good matchups; Endicott - UNE and Nichols - Salve. Will be an interesting playoff with the one and done.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •