Commonwealth Coast Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Commonwealth Coast Conference

If a few more CCC teams are able to build on campus facilities, I see no reason why this conference wouldn’t be perennially one of the East’s best.

Congratulations to SRU goaltender Wojtala. He had a heck of a weekend.

I gotta admit, I was a little embarrassed for the NCAA.com play-by-play commentator. He was a little too obvious in how BADLY he wanted Mike Eruzione’s nephew to score the game winner...

Comment

• Originally posted by altazo View Post
      If a few more CCC teams are able to build on campus facilities, I see no reason why this conference wouldn’t be perennially one of the East’s best.

Congratulations to SRU goaltender Wojtala. He had a heck of a weekend.

I gotta admit, I was a little embarrassed for the NCAA.com play-by-play commentator. He was a little too obvious in how BADLY he wanted Mike Eruzione’s nephew to score the game winner...
      So did the nephew. He was trying too hard.

But I have to admit, so was I.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        So did the nephew. He was trying too hard.

But I have to admit, so was I.
        What you mean by that. Kid played very well. Was all over the ice and had a few chances and set up a couple. What I couldn’t understand was how they kept saying SNC was so young and had all those freshman. They do have a lot BUT only 5 played last night while Salve had 11 startling and only 1 senior. Good times ahead for the Seahawks.

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
          What you mean by that. Kid played very well. Was all over the ice and had a few chances and set up a couple. What I couldn’t understand was how they kept saying SNC was so young and had all those freshman. They do have a lot BUT only 5 played last night while Salve had 11 startling and only 1 senior. Good times ahead for the Seahawks.
          Eruzione is quite a dynamic hockey player. He has a nice "edge" to him that will help him as he matures in college hockey. I would love to see how many minutes he has logged this season. It seemed like anytime Salve needed a jumpstart, out came Billings and Eruzione and on most shifts they provided a nice spark for the team. Salve is going to be a tough team to contend with next season. They have an excellent goalie in Wojtala. He is as calm and collected and really plays within himself, he never seems to over extend.

I think there will be at least 5 teams fighting it out next season for the top spots in the Conference, but Salve has to have the edge at the start of the season.

Comment

As good a year as the conference could have hoped for back at the start of the season. I think recruiting will be helped; it will be interesting to see if any one or perhaps two teams out recruit the others.

Dinocoach, thanks for starting this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by CCC Fan View Post
              As good a year as the conference could have hoped for back at the start of the season. I think recruiting will be helped; it will be interesting to see if any one or perhaps two teams out recruit the others.

Dinocoach, thanks for starting this thread!
              I've said this before, probably on other threads, but I had real doubts about UNE leaving the NEHC and moving to the CCC. I thought the team was beginning to make real improvements and that Coach Swallow was doing a great job building a solid foundation. I did not foresee the development of these teams or the Conference... and I missed not playing Norwich!

Well, I was wrong! I think that Retired UNE AD Jack McDonald had some kind of special crystal ball to see what was ahead.

CCC Fan, I hope we can keep this thread going and I also hope that other fans of the other CCC members can jump in and let all of us know what's going on at the schools they follow.

Now to business. The teams should have 4 more OOC games next year, with Suffolk and J&W gone. It would be kind of fun to see some East/West scheduling. It would be fun to see St. Norbert, Adrian, Stevens Point and Augsburg get on a couple of schedules! Probably too expensive to make it happen, but it would be fun!

Comment

I still cannot see how NU and UMass Boston let these guys get away. I thought top notch facilities would count more. Maybe it was the financial aid package offered to hockey guys. But I agee the campus location is A+
                2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
                  I still cannot see how NU and UMass Boston let these guys get away. I thought top notch facilities would count more. Maybe it was the financial aid package offered to hockey guys. But I agee the campus location is A+
                  UNE had no choice. Their primary conference is the CCC. They had to leave and join the CCC or they would have had to drop out of their primary conference.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    UNE had no choice. Their primary conference is the CCC. They had to leave and join the CCC or they would have had to drop out of their primary conference.
                    I think he meant players eschewing the NEHC for the CCC.

Just wait for the LEC to expand its hockey playing schools and hit the magic 7.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                      I think it really had to do with UNE adding football to their sports program. They really wanted to be able to get a schedule for the new program, beginning varsity play in September, I believe the trade off was the men's hockey team needed to come into the CCC (or the old ECAC-NE).

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                        It seems the CCC has some really prime real estate with Salve, UNE right on the coast. Newport, RI and Kennebunkport, ME are tough to beat. When a kid comes up to visit the school in Biddeford, they show them the dorms right in the water and the brand new Danielle Ripich Student Center that looks due west right down the Saco River and East out to the Atlantic. It also helps that the student population is about 60% female.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                          It seems the CCC has some really prime real estate with Salve, UNE right on the coast. Newport, RI and Kennebunkport, ME are tough to beat. When a kid comes up to visit the school in Biddeford, they show them the dorms right in the water and the brand new Danielle Ripich Student Center that looks due west right down the Saco River and East out to the Atlantic. It also helps that the student population is about 60% female.
                          Must be tough for the 1st floor residents. Is scuba a major?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Must be tough for the 1st floor residents. Is scuba a major?
                            If you watch Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, you'll find several UNE students and Dr. Shark as they do their research, so it helps to be close to the water. I don't think there are any hockey players on the show, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t49S4bZ3beA

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
                              If you watch Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, you'll find several UNE students and Dr. Shark as they do their research, so it helps to be close to the water. I don't think there are any hockey players on the show, however.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t49S4bZ3beA
                              If any recruits like to surf, Salve is the place to be. One of the best breaks on the east coast is 150 yards from the Student Center. Good and Bad I suppose

Comment

Working...
                              X